3S Enterprises Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Sers S. Sterlin II

"Skills you can take anywhere!"

Pros

3S Enterprises was a great place to develop my professional skills, as well as myself personally. The management - in - training program allowed me to take the skills that I acquired here to a different occupation (only leaving due to personal reasons). The leadership/professional skills that I was able to develop with my time at 3S has allowed me to excel in other positions. The team was very thoughtful in helping me grow and push me to my potential.

Cons

None really. As long as you can commit to the company, the management team will help you grow and go as far as you are willing to go.

"No Glass-ceiling here!"

Pros

The opportunity for growth here is tremendous! There is no plateauing if you continue to push yourself to grow, and the best part of it is the management team rewards those that do show signs of development. I have been continuously growing and developing various skills since I began working with 3S. This doesn't come without some hard work, but the outcome is very rewarding and worth it in the end. Its about the journey right!

Cons

The hours can be a little tough, but what full-time career doesn't take some commitment.

"Win or Learn, there's no such thing as failure."

Pros

3S provides a great structure and environment for growth, it's a play to win company. The manager and assistant managers are willing to help anyone get to the next level, especially those who put in the work. They actually want us to fail in order to grow, which is something that I haven't experienced in any other work setting. Personal and professional growth are some of the main goals the company has for everyone that works here!

Cons

Being a perfectionist, learning to be alright with failure is something I had to get used to. The team here was more than willing to help me develop faster.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing to get the full potential out of everyone

"A rewarding challenge"

I have been working at 3S Enterprises full-time

Pros

-Working in a fast paced environment
    -Positive work atmosphere
    -Rapid growth opportunity
    -NO seniority
    -Working with the management team.

Cons

Communication could be a little more clear.

"Great place for PROFESSIONAL and PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT"

I have been working at 3S Enterprises full-time

Pros

Learning valuable/transferable skills. 3S offers training on both the professional and personal level. The management program offers skills that can be taken anywhere. Love learning the business aspect while developing my leadership/communication abilities, while having fun! There is a structure that is simple to follow, all it takes is a little elbow grease.

Cons

None really. This position does come with hard work and dedication.

Advice to Management

Communicate goals with everyone more.

"Great blueprint for success if hard work isn't an issue"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

This company offers an avenue for an individuals success if the individual is willing to put the work in. The management team is there to guide you along every step of the way. Its a great people helping people environment with an atmosphere primed to keep the position light, yet growth oriented. The foundation of this position is direct sales yet through the direct sales, individuals gain all the characteristics needed to handle different situations that may arise during the management in training program. The position has taught me how to focus on success, and to do what it takes to get a job completed. It instilled an entrepreneurial mindset within me and that is something I value even at my current position. The skills and traits I learned via 3S Enterprises far and beyond helped me advance in my current place of employment.

Cons

Some challenges I encountered as an Account Manager with 3S is the ability to separate work life from business life. The position presents an amazing opportunity and I encourage all individuals to see what the company is all about. I unfortunately, due to personal reasons, was unable to complete the program but as I mentioned earlier, the skills I gained helped me tremendously. I would say the position turned me into a Leader.

Advice to Management

Continue bringing the best out of everybody in the workplace. Keep challenging people to be better. Stay competitive because the most important thing I gained from the Management team is the only person you're competing with is yourself. Keep succeeding and motivating your individuals to succeed.

"Great Personal Growth and Real World Experience"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Rockville, MD

I worked at 3S Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Since the first interaction with the manager it felt like a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere. Everyone I worked with had the best interests of the company in mind and wanted development from every position, even the entry level account managers. I received very good training from the top leaders of the company and they always found the best way to have fun. Overall the training, room for personal growth and friendly managers made me very excited to work with the company.

Cons

My biggest difficulty came with my personal conflicts outside of work. Having family issues made it difficult for me to attend full time and eventually my talk with management found it in my best interest to focus on my situations outside of work. Although my best interests were in mind, I felt like the company was looking to move forward too quickly. Also having to use a key for the bathroom was inconvenient at times.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to allow more time for entry level development especially with those having difficulties outside of work. Thank you for the opportunity to gain new skills within your company.

"Door to door, NO base pay, pyramid scheme"

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Rockville, MD

I worked at 3S Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will be hired on the day of the interview, unless you said you are not interested.
    The management is a joke, you get to play games like clapping hands.
    Get to wear suits for no good reason, so don't need to get a good one.
    See new faces on a daily basis.

Cons

* All of the employees are in some levels of ruinous debts, in and out of collections. The average paychecks are around 100 to 250 dollars for one or(!!!) even two weeks of work. It doesn't matter what they say, they withheld pay for any reason. So even if you think you are getting paid for $500, it usually get deducted to around 250.

Lie to people on EVERYTHING: job description, bonuses, training, growth opportunity
    Seeing new hires hopes and dreams get crushed when they realize it's just DOOR TO DOOR sales.
    No base pays, 100% commission.
    No compensations, no benefits. Your have to drive over an hour to your territory, and no gas? Too bad, go take the bus.
    No holidays, brain wash new hires to work 24/7 with no incentives.
    Heavy favoritism, stop giving any real chance to new hires for growth after the first month.
    The list goes on and on, if you have read this far, you should know that you got to stay away.

Bonus points:
    * Seniors in the office try to sleep with new hires, all their ex or current girl friends are current or ex employees. For example: the managers are dating the secretaries.
    * Remember those "fun games?" You are forced to play them...in the morning...yea...
    * Everything you do is try to help the management to fool the new hires and get them to stay with the company till they are so heavy in debt, they can't go anywhere.

Advice to Management

Please stop brain washing new hires, let them know it's just door to door sales.
    Don't try to sleep with with your employees.
    Help current employees to find a real job so they can get out of debt

"Door to door sales"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Rockville, MD

I have been working at 3S Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

gifted with items for your work like handbags and gift cards

Cons

difficult work
    location is far
    no base pay to cover daily transportation
    outdated office
    growth is only if you make more sales
    income isn't always steady

Advice to Management

Offer base pay to cover daily transportation
    Relocate to a newer office that is closer to or in D.C.
    Relocate to a bigger office that has rooms or cubicles for interviews separate from working offices
    Don't write on resumes
    Provide supplies for employees
    Better process hiring people, seemed very sketchy and uncomfortable
    Be more discrete on hiring days, looked very suspicious and uncomfortable
    Be upfront early on in the interview process about the job, actual detail not broad ideas
    Avoid coming off like a pyramid scheme
    Enforce and implement work appropriate attire and dress
    Offer bonus instead of gifts for good sales
    Have a break room with food and drink

"Avoid at all cost"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

Pros

There is absolutely nothing positive I can say about this company.

Cons

I worked at 3s and the managers refused to compensate for the work I put in.
    A terrible place to work where managers are more concerned with greed than their own employees.