3sage Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"3sage leadership"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at 3sage Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a current employee of 3sage, the leadership at the company is visionary, well respected, extremely knowledgeable and it has earned my admiration and respect. They allow me to be professional and accountable while at the same time they provide me with guidance. I also feel like when I am leading a customer engagement I am given the encouragement, support and confidence that I need from leadership. I like to work in an environment like 3sage where I can work independently or with a team and pull in management when needed. Communication is key.
    This week an event occurred that made me so proud of the leadership that I just had to take a moment and call him up and say “Thank You........You’ve done an amazing job!”

Cons

It is great that forums like “Glassdoor” allow people to post reviews and opinions. America – What a Country !!!

May 30, 2017 – VP of Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about 3sage Consulting. We are pleased that your experience with our leadership has been so positive and that you feel like you are supported but ... More

"Working with experts on industry-class projects"

I have been working at 3sage Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined 3sage three months ago after working in the corporate world for a few years so that I could get back into consulting (where I started my career). I chose 3sage because the consultants I interviewed with blew me away with their knowledge and professionalism. Also, the projects 3sage delivers are very strategic and are for some of the largest companies in Atlanta...and I don't have to travel.

I am writing this review as a response to the recent negative review by a former employee. Take it from a current employee...that review is full of emotion, and not truth.

So,
    + I get to work with some of the brightest in the data space every day
    + I get to deliver highly strategic projects to large clients, and don't have to travel to do so
    + The management team is focused on hiring and retaining only the best of the best, and won't hesitate to maintain their focus on quality
    + The culture here is to "hire the best and not micro-manage", as they "trust" in their consultants' abilities. While management does provide the necessary "quality assurance" and "sanity check", they let me do my thing, which is refreshing.
    + We just hired a GREAT new recruiter, who is doing a fantastic job of growing and managing our talent and building a strong culture.
    + Great compensation and very good benefits (including new profit sharing)

Cons

The only con so far is that the management team seems to be stretched a little thin. The CEO is involved in client delivery, sales, recruiting, and running the company. I believe he should focus on sales and

Advice to Management

Continue to build a strong engagement management layer so that the CEO can focus on selling and evangelizing "Data Driven Business", which he does so well.

May 26, 2017 – VP of Talent Management

Thank you for providing such great insight into your start at 3sage Consulting. We are so glad that your experience has been so positive and we will continue to strive to maintain this level of ... More

"Great start to a career out of grad school"

Current Employee - Data Sciences Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Data Sciences Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at 3sage Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been a consultant at 3sage for about 3 months following completion of a graduate school analytics program. The opportunity to be placed on a large scale project at a major business right off the bat, and play an impactful role has far exceeded my expectations. The other members on my team have been a pleasure to work with, and go out of their way to offer advice and wisdom in areas outside my expertise. Thanks to this opportunity, my skills, knowledge base, and business acumen have become considerably more well rounded, and with that my confidence as a consultant has grown tremendously. Above all, the work with 3sage is challenging, yet fun, and we are all excited to be a part of the success as the company continues to grow.

Cons

There aren't any obvious negatives. If anything happens to come up, 3sage management stresses that they are always open to discussion. I can say with confidence that the management cares about employee happiness, and does what they can to provide a good work environment.

Advice to Management

Continue challenging us and giving us opportunities to succeed!

May 26, 2017 – VP of Talent Management

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated! We are thrilled that you feel challenged by the projects you have been provided and we will continue to make sure we put you on opportunities where you can ... More

"Dysunfunctional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at 3sage Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great industry to work in. Big Data and Advanced analytics will continue to drive new market movements.

Cons

Totally dysfuncional leadership. Loss of credibility.

Advice to Management

get your act together.

May 26, 2017 – VP of Talent Management

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The leadership at 3sage takes a hands-off approach for individuals that like to take ownership over their careers and want the autonomy to advance ... More

"Absolutely great company to work for !!!"

I have been working at 3sage Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am very excited about the vision and focus that 3sage consulting has built. They are growing exponentially and really focused on hiring top notch talent. The employee incentive programs and benefits are very good. Another consideration for me is that 3sage works with local (Atlanta) businesses, therefore travel is limited to a local commute. I would definitely recommend 3sage consulting to a friend!!

Cons

I cannot actually think of any downsides to working at 3sage consulting. Everyone is very nice, supportive, and wonderful to work with.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue to attract and retain the very best talent in the industry. Keep up the good work...

"3sage has been a breath of fresh as a company to work for..."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at 3sage Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

3sage is an Enterprise Strategy Consulting firm specializing in data and information. 3sage hires only very experienced individuals who have worked in this field as not only implementation, but management. 3sage employees are expected to be thought leaders and provide not only their customer's, but 3sage itself with the wealth and knowledge of experience. 3sage prides itself on its customer service which has shown in its customer growth and loyalty. It has a family oriented culture and has been a great place to work.

Cons

3sage could be more polished in some of its internal processes, but due to the age of the company, is somewhat understandable.

Advice to Management

Continue to be judicious with your hiring of the practices and your continued evolution of making associate and customer satisfaction your top priority.

7. "3sage has provided me a solid, rewarding experience where I have been able to continue to provide technical solutions."

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

3sage Consulting specializes in Enterprise Information/Data Management, Data Warehousing, Data Governance, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, Data Integration, and Enterprise Data Clouds. 3sage has continued to provide consistent solutions to multiple Atlanta based clients and plans to expand as need be.

Cons

Consistent overtime exceeding sometimes exceeding 80 hours per week.
    Given role, unable to expand personal skill set development plans.
    Multitasking too much to execute solid daily work.

Mar 2, 2016 – Founder, Managing Director

While the title of this review is certainly appreciated, we are very sorry to hear that you feel that you have been forced to work in excess of 80 hours per week. Unfortunately, we cannot confirm ... More

"Great Vision, Poor Execution"

Pros

Very bright consultants with a tremendous amount of experience in the services they offer

Cons

Integrity of the owner - rarely follows through on his word

Advice to Management

None

May 5, 2017 – VP of Talent Management

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your response. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time working with our consultants and hope that you have found a new endeavor that better aligns ... More

"Great Consultants but Poor Leadership and Lack of Focus"

I worked at 3sage Consulting full-time

Pros

Good Consultants but there are very few. Most are contract employees and not full time.

Cons

There is no leadership at the top They are rarely present and do not empower employees to make decisions. The company lives under the philosophy of over promise and under deliver. Many third party consultants lack the skill set to follow through on projects that are sold to customers.

Advice to Management

Empower your people and get involved in the business. New business is the way to success not the install base.

May 5, 2017 – VP of Talent Management

Your response is appreciated and thank you for taking the time to write your review. We couldn't agree more that our consultants at 3sage are of the highest quality which is why we are very ... More