411 Locals Reviews | Glassdoor

411 Locals Reviews

Updated August 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • 411 Locals is paying commission on every sale (in 34 reviews)

• I consider the working environment in 411 Locals as a great one (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The phone is ringing all the time (in 2 reviews)

• So, as a sales agent I had what to offer to the customers (in 2 reviews)

1. "Wait Staff"

I worked at 411 Locals part-time

Pros

Great staff. Felt like one big family running the machine that is 411 West.

Cons

Communication between management and wait staff is lacking.

Advice to Management

Be more open to informing staff members about their performance.

2. "411 Locals customer service representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

My boss was helpful and friendly. The very same I can say for my ex-colleagues and co workers. 411 Locals are putting in a lot of efforts to provide and ensure great and supportive environment for the team. The management is tolerating only friendly attitude and cool manners. And this business approach fully paid off! I can say that my almost 2 years with 411 Locals were my best work experience so far. My role was a customer service representative and there was never a boring day. This position gave me the chance to interact with a lot of customers, mainly small and medium business owners. I enjoyed working with and for them. It was a pleasure for me to manage calls and guide my customers through the process of sales and support. My ex co-workers were very well trained, diverse and knowledgeable.

Cons

Handling some calls could test your abilities

Advice to Management

New computers and some gadgets for office fus, for eg: a mini drone

3. "Diverse and growing company, suitable to start a long term career"

Former Employee - Closer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Closer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

411 locals is a nice, employee-oriented company. Not too big, not too small - just right in the golden middle. It constantly grows each year, so currently there are almost 400 people on 3 continents. I can describe this company as a decent place to start a career. And profitable place for people experienced in sales. It does not mean that if you are newcomer you will have less opportunities. You will just need some time to upgrade your skills from newbies to pro. It usually takes around 2 - 4 months.
    For young folks, this company could be an additional education, a business school. They are having wellcome orientation, constant training and teaching, sharp coaching and the most important - continuous support from the management. Coworkers are all generally friendly, and something very important - talent in the company is mainly good. Everyone has its own point of view and own thoughts, however to me the office culture is reasonable. During an usual and typical day, the workload is not crazy. Starting in the morning, check email, short briefing with the manager, check tasks, have a coffee and start the work. The payment correlates with the personal results and sales. When you get experienced ...well, here comes the best part working for 411 Locals.

Cons

The cross-team communication can be messy. Just need improvement.

Advice to Management

The company might need better internal communication

4. "I like most the coaching support and training"

Former Employee - Customer Retention Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Retention Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time

Pros

I consider the working environment in 411 Locals as a great one. You know people are acting friendly and cool, not like highflyers. The management is encouraging atmosphere of friendliness and support between colleagues. If you ask somebody for help - no worries. No matter if it is a co-worker or a manager. I like most the coaching support and training. You know, this just makes me feel great. During my stay with 411 Locals I managed to figure out how important is the inner company training and coaching for your personal income. Better training and coaching, more sales, higher pay. It is just Simple.

Cons

The best con is the working environment and attitude of friendliness between coworkers. Next is the incorpo. 411 Locals is an innovative IT company that managed to develop unique SEO products. So, as a sales agent I had what to offer to the customers.

Advice to Management

You can think of taking over new markets and clients

5. "a company with great pay opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at 411 Locals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can describe 411 Locals as a company with great pay opportunities. It is really motivating to know that your check and bonus are related directly to your activity and sales skills. The web and SEO product is great, with a competitive price. So, as an employee, you just need to sell it.
    It is really empowering when you know that your are offering to your leads a world class product that can boost their income.
    Actually, some customer are considering 411 locals’ products as an investment rather than a website with seo. That is why when I am calling to local businesses, I know that I have something really great to offer. You know, there is no better feedback for your work than a happy customer.
    Positive working environment.

Cons

The sales training could be better, with more games and role plays. Sometimes it is hard to deal with all incoming calls and additional questions from customers and leads.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the internal trainings. More activities with all affiliate partners are needed.

6. "I have learned how to sell something that can not be touch by hands websites, seo, online marketing"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great mission - to deliver affordable and top notch SEO to itscustomers.It comes with custom made websites and socila media. Before 411 Locals, I was selling furniture and garden equipment. Being part of this company, I have learned how to sell something that can not be touch by hands - websites, seo, online marketing. It was a brand new word for me and I can say a very successful period of my live. The company offers great options for part time and affiliate partnership.

Cons

many new seo things every month

Advice to Management

please just keep this supportive environment the way it is

"not hard job with gret income and bonuses"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NM

I have been working at 411 Locals (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are in full control of your income and career. Your are getting recognized for your hard work with bonuses. The empl

Cons

The phone is ringing all the time. But is it a con? Or maybe it just shows that we have a lot of customers

Advice to Management

more internal trainings and team buildings, more forums and motivational speaking

"Customer Retention Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was impressed by the flexibility of the working hours. It helped me to be closer to my family. The management is really tolerant if you need to change your shift.

Cons

Not pets in the office

Advice to Management

A pet in the office might be a good idea. Some companies already have four legged employee

9. "this company is in the so called “golden middle”"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant - in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant - in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

As a someone who has with more than 15 year of work experience, I can tell that my former employer 411 locals is taking good care of all employees. If you consider an average level of work pressure - to my opinion this company is in the so called “golden middle”

Cons

For me it was hard to cope with all that website, seo and adwords terminology. However thanks to my supportive colleagues, I managed to overcome this period

Advice to Management

I am sure management could do more efforts to explore new markets and to export the SEO products to Europe or Canada

10. "this was my first job"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has been just the exact thing I needed to jump-start my decent career. I started with 411 Locals as a customer service representative. And this was my first job. They took me right from College with no business experience. As a student, I worked several temporary jobs but I could not count on them. 411 Locals gave me a full blooded work environment experience. Actually, It was an additional education for

Cons

Sometimes, working with clients is really challenging. But the people around were helpful so when I needed - there were always somebody to help me

Advice to Management

During my stay with 411 Locals I needed more internal training, more seminars and educational materials