411 Locals Reviews | Glassdoor

411 Locals Reviews

Updated December 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I started recently with 411 Locals, about 6 months ago (in 37 reviews)

• I consider the working environment in 411 Locals as a great one (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The phone is ringing all the time (in 2 reviews)

• However thanks to my supportive colleagues, I managed to overcome this period (in 2 reviews)

"411 Locals is paying commission on every sale."

Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Advisor in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The biggest advantage for working for 411 Locals was the extremely flexible working environment. As far as I know, the company still holds the policy of flexible working hours and work from home option. Actually, there are a lot of affiliate partners that are working from home or are combining their own businesses with the ability to sell websites on behalf of 411 Locals.
    My 4 years with this company were the greatest for me and my family. Especially for my wife - she was in love with my payment. So, she did not miss any weekend to shop on my credit cards.
    411 Locals is paying commission on every sale. That is I why stayed with 411 Locals for 4 years.
    The other reason was the team and company policy for internal support and help between coworkers. Not just profitable, but just a happy period if my life. I highly recommend 411 Locals as an employer.

Cons

Many leads that are not sufficient or not the right target for the product

Advice to Management

Find better leads and start offering additional products and services

"they started training me and in return I started to learn a lot"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A sales representative at 411 Locals was my first core business job. My previous occupations were related to gas stations, retail store and a pizza delivery business in Las Vegas. 3 years ago I stumbled upon a job ad about a sales representative in an SEO and WEB company. I was dreaming of leaving the moped to start a real and reliable job in a multinational company. Well, I posted my CV, knowing that those days companies are not giving chances to young people with lack of business background. I few days I won the jackpot - a recruiter from 411 Locals called me. Called me - the pizza delivery guy ! At first, I thought It was a mistake. Couldn't believe that they are calling me for an interview!
    Later, the recruiter explained to me they recognized me as a person with a high potential in sales.
    So they started training me and in return I started to learn a lot. It was the pleasure to learn from my experienced co workers and from the sales books and scripts the line my manager provided me with.
    My memories are fresh and I can still remember my first nonsuccessful cold calling attempts. A few months later, after a hard and sophisticated training, I find myself a young pro doing successful calls. I learned much more not only about sales but about marketing, SEO and web development.
    No matter that now I am working in a different company, I am still keeping warm feelings about 411 Locals and my ex-coworkers - a pack of free-thinkers and open minded persons.

Cons

Hard work, a lot of calls, and great bonuses. Is it really a con?

Advice to Management

The only advice I came across is: Go on and keep encouraging young people to start their careers in the field of marketing and sales

3. "great work environment to be in"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

411 Locals was an excellent choice for me! The company ensured for me the business environment I needed to improve my sales techniques and to master new approaches in order to sell IT products. If you need to challenge yourself, go and sell IT products services. It is not a product you can see, touch, smell.
    My teammates were friendly and supportive. As a team, we managed to explore new markets and get many new deals. There were some new guys with no previous experience in the field of sales. Thanks to the internal training and coaching support, In just a few months they gained new skills. While at 411 Locals they learned a lot - how to sell, to explain, to multitask, to participate in projects. So did I.
    411 Locals was just a great work environment to be in. I can describe it with high profile clients, continuous support from the managers, etc. High profile clients, constant support by my Senior Management, the opportunity to work with new talent and help them on their way up the corporate ladder and watch them succeed. The office has a great location, considerable air-conditioned environment.

Cons

Adjustable working environment and option to work from home as an affiliate partner

Advice to Management

Please create more company events, more generous food catering and more team building games.

4. "great training and awesome staff members"

I worked at 411 Locals part-time

Pros

As an ex employee I can tell that 411 locals provides multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. It is not just about the daily training, coaching and support, long introductory training and so on. It is about friendly and supportive team environment, achievable bonuses and fair payment. If I am asked to describe the company with only one single sentence - great training and awesome staff members.

Cons

The main office is in a business building located near to a golf range. As a golf enthusiast player I found the panorama view very distracting. You know what I mean.

Advice to Management

Keep it up guys ! the product is great the service is improving. Just stick to that great team attitude and spirit

5. "Wait Staff"

I worked at 411 Locals part-time

Pros

Great staff. Felt like one big family running the machine that is 411 West.

Cons

Communication between management and wait staff is lacking.

Advice to Management

Be more open to informing staff members about their performance.

6. "411 Locals customer service representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

My boss was helpful and friendly. The very same I can say for my ex-colleagues and co workers. 411 Locals are putting in a lot of efforts to provide and ensure great and supportive environment for the team. The management is tolerating only friendly attitude and cool manners. And this business approach fully paid off! I can say that my almost 2 years with 411 Locals were my best work experience so far. My role was a customer service representative and there was never a boring day. This position gave me the chance to interact with a lot of customers, mainly small and medium business owners. I enjoyed working with and for them. It was a pleasure for me to manage calls and guide my customers through the process of sales and support. My ex co-workers were very well trained, diverse and knowledgeable.

Cons

Handling some calls could test your abilities

Advice to Management

New computers and some gadgets for office fus, for eg: a mini drone

7. "Diverse and growing company, suitable to start a long term career"

Former Employee - Closer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Closer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

411 locals is a nice, employee-oriented company. Not too big, not too small - just right in the golden middle. It constantly grows each year, so currently there are almost 400 people on 3 continents. I can describe this company as a decent place to start a career. And profitable place for people experienced in sales. It does not mean that if you are newcomer you will have less opportunities. You will just need some time to upgrade your skills from newbies to pro. It usually takes around 2 - 4 months.
    For young folks, this company could be an additional education, a business school. They are having wellcome orientation, constant training and teaching, sharp coaching and the most important - continuous support from the management. Coworkers are all generally friendly, and something very important - talent in the company is mainly good. Everyone has its own point of view and own thoughts, however to me the office culture is reasonable. During an usual and typical day, the workload is not crazy. Starting in the morning, check email, short briefing with the manager, check tasks, have a coffee and start the work. The payment correlates with the personal results and sales. When you get experienced ...well, here comes the best part working for 411 Locals.

Cons

The cross-team communication can be messy. Just need improvement.

Advice to Management

The company might need better internal communication

8. "I like most the coaching support and training"

Former Employee - Customer Retention Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Retention Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time

Pros

I consider the working environment in 411 Locals as a great one. You know people are acting friendly and cool, not like highflyers. The management is encouraging atmosphere of friendliness and support between colleagues. If you ask somebody for help - no worries. No matter if it is a co-worker or a manager. I like most the coaching support and training. You know, this just makes me feel great. During my stay with 411 Locals I managed to figure out how important is the inner company training and coaching for your personal income. Better training and coaching, more sales, higher pay. It is just Simple.

Cons

The best con is the working environment and attitude of friendliness between coworkers. Next is the incorpo. 411 Locals is an innovative IT company that managed to develop unique SEO products. So, as a sales agent I had what to offer to the customers.

Advice to Management

You can think of taking over new markets and clients

9. "a company with great pay opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Business Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at 411 Locals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I can describe 411 Locals as a company with great pay opportunities. It is really motivating to know that your check and bonus are related directly to your activity and sales skills. The web and SEO product is great, with a competitive price. So, as an employee, you just need to sell it.
    It is really empowering when you know that your are offering to your leads a world class product that can boost their income.
    Actually, some customer are considering 411 locals’ products as an investment rather than a website with seo. That is why when I am calling to local businesses, I know that I have something really great to offer. You know, there is no better feedback for your work than a happy customer.
    Positive working environment.

Cons

The sales training could be better, with more games and role plays. Sometimes it is hard to deal with all incoming calls and additional questions from customers and leads.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to the internal trainings. More activities with all affiliate partners are needed.

10. "I have learned how to sell something that can not be touch by hands websites, seo, online marketing"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great mission - to deliver affordable and top notch SEO to itscustomers.It comes with custom made websites and socila media. Before 411 Locals, I was selling furniture and garden equipment. Being part of this company, I have learned how to sell something that can not be touch by hands - websites, seo, online marketing. It was a brand new word for me and I can say a very successful period of my live. The company offers great options for part time and affiliate partnership.

Cons

many new seo things every month

Advice to Management

please just keep this supportive environment the way it is