411 Locals Reviews | Glassdoor

411 Locals Reviews

Updated January 22, 2018

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I started recently with 411 Locals, about 6 months ago (in 37 reviews)

• Friendly attitude and positive work environment (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The phone is ringing all the time (in 2 reviews)

• However thanks to my supportive colleagues, I managed to overcome this period (in 2 reviews)

1. "I have learned how to sell something that can not be touch by hands websites, seo, online marketing"

Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has a great mission - to deliver affordable and top notch SEO to itscustomers.It comes with custom made websites and socila media. Before 411 Locals, I was selling furniture and garden equipment. Being part of this company, I have learned how to sell something that can not be touch by hands - websites, seo, online marketing. It was a brand new word for me and I can say a very successful period of my live. The company offers great options for part time and affiliate partnership.

Cons

many new seo things every month

Advice to Management

please just keep this supportive environment the way it is

"not hard job with gret income and bonuses"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NM
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Las Vegas, NM

I have been working at 411 Locals (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are in full control of your income and career. Your are getting recognized for your hard work with bonuses. The empl

Cons

The phone is ringing all the time. But is it a con? Or maybe it just shows that we have a lot of customers

Advice to Management

more internal trainings and team buildings, more forums and motivational speaking

"Customer Retention Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Retention Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was impressed by the flexibility of the working hours. It helped me to be closer to my family. The management is really tolerant if you need to change your shift.

Cons

Not pets in the office

Advice to Management

A pet in the office might be a good idea. Some companies already have four legged employee

4. "this company is in the so called “golden middle”"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant - in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant - in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

As a someone who has with more than 15 year of work experience, I can tell that my former employer 411 locals is taking good care of all employees. If you consider an average level of work pressure - to my opinion this company is in the so called “golden middle”

Cons

For me it was hard to cope with all that website, seo and adwords terminology. However thanks to my supportive colleagues, I managed to overcome this period

Advice to Management

I am sure management could do more efforts to explore new markets and to export the SEO products to Europe or Canada

5. "this was my first job"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has been just the exact thing I needed to jump-start my decent career. I started with 411 Locals as a customer service representative. And this was my first job. They took me right from College with no business experience. As a student, I worked several temporary jobs but I could not count on them. 411 Locals gave me a full blooded work environment experience. Actually, It was an additional education for

Cons

Sometimes, working with clients is really challenging. But the people around were helpful so when I needed - there were always somebody to help me

Advice to Management

During my stay with 411 Locals I needed more internal training, more seminars and educational materials

"cool affiliate program"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time

Pros

you can make really good money. The commissions are very generous. if you are really into sales - this is exactly your place. they will provide you with a decent list of leads, training, support, resources, advice, mentoring and so. i am so sorry that i had to leave the company because of relocation

Cons

this form requests from the reviewer to write about some cons about the company he is reviewing. at the moment can’t think of any significant cons

Advice to Management

according to me you need to make your affiliate program more popular

7. "411 Locals is great at developing skills and providing inter-company training"

Former Employee - Affiliate Partner in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Affiliate Partner in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

For me, it was a great place to learn, to study and to work. It was not my first job. My career started as a sales person in a supermarket, then I become a team leader...in the very same supermarket. Great career, or not so much.Then I started with 411 Locals as Customer care specialist. And I entered the the world of deals, Search Engine Optimization, web and so on. For me, it was a period of hard work, business success and a lot of learning.

Cons

You are dealing with clients. And from time to time this is challenging and exhausting. And when the deal is closed - boom the bonus is with you

Advice to Management

The training should be more interactive, more webinars and forums

8. "As an intern, few years ago I received an excellent sales training"

Former Employee - Customer Retention Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Customer Retention Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you're a new career starter, this might be the perfect place for you. As an intern, few years ago I received an excellent sales training. Now I am making money based on the experience and training I received from 411 Locals. For example, to make a deal or to arrange a meeting with a client you need a phone literacy and approach. So while I was working for 411 Locals, I received not just money for my efforts and results, but I also received a free business related training.

Cons

I worked harder than I could ever imagine. But now I am working for another company, and I start to realize how good were the old days with 411 Locals. Actually, that is why I am writing this review - just missed you guys.

Advice to Management

I am wondering can you just please find a way to contact some of the old employees? Some of them might be still willing to work with 411 Locals. As employees or as affiliate partners.

9. "I found profitable to freelance for 411 locals"

Former Employee - Freelancer in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Freelancer in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am working as a freelancer for 411 Locals for about a year. Can say that this is a pretty good offer. The commission rate is ….more than fine. I received from them leads, free dialer minutes, training. The guys from Las Vegas even have free business seats in the office. If any query arises - an affiliate manager is always on the line for support

Cons

To me, the main con of the freelancing is that you have no colleagues around to exchange ideas, to discuss if any question arises or even to make small talk

Advice to Management

It would be nice to organize an affiliate partner gathering so we will be able to exchange ideas and get familiar with each other

10. "The company culture has an IT aura around it"

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at 411 Locals part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working for 411 Locals for me was a great chance to work together with similar minded people, that are deeply involved in the professional WEB design and SEO.
    The company culture has an IT aura around it. People are interested in the latest technologies, achievements, SEO.

Cons

Not enough seminars and webinars

Advice to Management

More seminars and motivational speakers, more frequent seminar and webinars