4C Insights Reviews | Glassdoor

4C Insights Reviews

Updated Feb 14, 2020

4.7
4C Insights CEO Lance Neuhauser (no image)
Lance Neuhauser
  1. "A Culture of Common Sense"

Current Employee - Technical Writer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 4C Insights part-time for less than a year

Pros

I've thoroughly enjoyed working at 4C and look forward to my continued involvement. Despite being a part-time employee, I've acclimated to the 4C culture quite painlessly and expect that most would have a similar experience. Fair pay, flexibility, a policy of openness and a healthy number of company parties create an employee experience that's relaxed and communicative. I've rarely been put in a position that's felt unjust, and should this occur I feel that I'd be able to communicate this to management without an issue. Broadly speaking, 4C has cultivated a culture of respect and common sense, which empowers its employees to speak their mind. Upward progression is taken seriously, and work/life balance (important for me as a part-timer with multiple jobs) is fair. Unlimited PTO is a massive perk, and WFH is allowed whenever you want. So long as you're doing your part, 4C allows you to work the way you want, and that's a fine thing. Generally, there's a lot of trust that you'll do your job to the best your ability, and that trust really goes a long way towards motivating employees to apply themselves. This respect is the core of what makes 4C work as well as it does, and creates one of the best work environments I've been privileged to experience.

Cons

One potential con of a culture-forward work environment is that, if you're unable to acclimate to the company "vibe", it could be difficult to feel at home here. That said, the culture being relaxed and approachable as it is, I can't think of many people who would find it difficult to gel. Regardless, your mileage here has the potential to vary. It's also worth mentioning that the company is in a post-startup state, which means many things are consistently in flux. High-level decisions are made rather unceremoniously and that company-wide agility can feel chaotic at times.

4C Insights2020-01-22
  2. "Almost a Tech Company"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 4C Insights full-time for more than a year

Pros

The work hours are flexible, the people are smart, and hard work will pay off here.

Cons

-Product management wants to copy anyone remotely in the same space, resulting in a very shallow and wide product. -Niche features get built out regularly that have little to no users. -New devs can get stuck in a 'legacy' code role after being lured in with modern tech jargon, stunting growth and giving less opportunity when it's time to move on. -Hires almost exclusively new graduates or entry level developers.

4C Insights2020-02-14
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Fantastic!"

Current Employee - Not Provided in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 4C Insights full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people and culture at 4C are hands down the best I've ever experienced. I believe that leadership, peers, and teammates genuinely care about the company and where we're headed. Everyone is really leaned in to the work we're doing and our place in the industry. Managers take a personal interest in seeing their teams do well and the company does great things to make it the best place to work. Volunteer events, company happy hours, and flexible work schedule - among many other things make it really great!

Cons

No concerns or negative things to highlight at this time.

4C Insights2019-09-05
  5. "Overall Great Experience"

Current Employee - Human Resources & Office Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at 4C Insights part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great office vibe, snacks, cool space in a prime location.

Cons

None as of yet.

4C Insights2019-09-04

"Great place to work"

I have been working at 4C Insights full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great environment to work in with amazing people - C suite staff are amazing and very approachable - Very flexible with everything work related

Cons

- Not very many growth opporunities

4C Insights2018-07-30
  7. "Amazing place"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 4C Insights full-time for less than a year

Pros

I enjoy working as I am writing my review here, people here are very helpful and kind, the CTO himself is humble and down-to-earth. The atmosphere is relaxed and the company treats employees as human beings and not machines. They offer great benefits and the office location is right in the middle of Chicago downtown and has easy access to bus and train and many eateries closeby, we have dev lunches once a month and things have been going pretty well until now.

Cons

Wish the onboarding process for developers was quicker.

4C Insights2018-07-24

"Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 4C Insights full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, amazing culture, great benefits package, unlimited PTO, very flexible work schedule. Additionally, no shortage of work--in a good way. 4C is growing quickly, and it's very exciting. Lots of opportunities to learn, and I can definitely say I've gained more experience here in less than a year than a year+ at other companies. We also have a beautiful office and unlimited snacks and drinks!

Cons

I have none at the moment.

4C Insights2018-05-17
  9. "Amazing Company, Culture and People!"

I have been working at 4C Insights full-time

Pros

Best company I have ever worked at. The leadership is amazing...transparent and real. The people are like family and highly supportive of each other. The culture is positive and fun and we all feel like it is our company to make great! The work is challenging providing just the right stretch for growth but not overwhelming.

Cons

We move fast, so if you are not comfortable with change then this isn't the place for you.

4C Insights2018-05-17

"The Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Software QA Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at 4C Insights full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are many pros to working at 4C.. For me, the top of my list is the work-life balance, i.e. a completely flexible schedule (work from home, no regular 9-5 hours) and unlimited PTO; great health benefits; management within Engineering and the exec team is great.. they really make you feel heard; the 4C culture - everyone is excited about what we do and always eager to help; company-sponsored events including an annual "kick-off" event with updates on the previous year's achievements, goals and strategies for the future, exec Q&A, mixed with a lot of socializing so teams across offices can get to know each other; all the snacks you could want; the Seattle office is dog-friendly; no micro-management; employee-conducted interviews (everyone gets a say in who joins their team); Execs don't mind getting down and doing the dirty work (CTO always available to dig in on tickets, looking for bugs, etc); humble and down-to-earth managers/execs; start-up mentality; fast-paced company that is also an industry-leader; regular bonuses and merit-based pay raises; opportunity for lateral movement across departments... so many more. This company really values their people.

Cons

The only "con" I would say is that the hands-off approach doesn't always work for everyone. Granted, help is always available if someone reaches out, but hand-holding isn't really a "thing" at 4C. This is a great place for self-motivated people who are willing to wear many hats, but others who thrive a more traditional environment might have difficulty finding where they fit.

4C Insights2018-02-09

"Amazing Workspace With an Even Better Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 4C Insights full-time

Pros

-Culture of mutual respect and empowerment -Exceptionally transparent executive board -A top 6 tech workspace in Chicago -Flexible work/life balance (you can honestly work from home whenever you need to) -Unlimited vacation days -An abundance of snacks

Cons

The company is growing RAPIDLY so sometimes there can be a decent amount of work, true for any start-up. But, this also can help make you a jack of all trades.

4C Insights2018-02-08

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 41 reviews