4Life Research Reviews | Glassdoor

4Life Research Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2019

3.4
4Life Research CEO Steve Tew (no image)
Steve Tew
Pros
  • "Awesome Products, great distributors, competitive compensation, fun holiday and summer parties, friendly co-workers(in 6 reviews)

• "Great people, with a friendly family atmosphere(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The marketing department management is NOT HONEST OR HAVE ANY INTEGRITY(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

1. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been working with the company for 8 years now. It has many benefits, and more than a work place you feel that you are treated like family. 4Life's work environment and people are great! The company allows you the opportunity to keep growing and moving forward within. Here you feel right at home, from the founders to all executives and employees, you will always receive a friendly hello.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little conservative, and in some departments I think it takes a while to hire new people for an old position.

4Life Research2018-06-15

"Good if you get along with the right people"

Former Employee - Marketing in Sandy, UT

I worked at 4Life Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I made some of my best friends to-date at 4Life and conventions were always super fun

Cons

I always felt that if I didn’t have an influential upper management person on my side I didn’t matter. I saw how many people who lacked knowledge, expertise, and leadership skills were given promotions just for the simple fact that they got along with the right people. Can’t tell you how many times I sat through meetings knowing that managers did not have an idea of what they were talking about but they just knew... how to say things to make themselves look smart. There’s also a lot of hostility in marketing, they don’t act like a team with the same vision, or goal, but more like they want to prove like each team is the “better” team.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring kids that don’t have the education or experience to lead a team and generate results. I wish HR would step up and hire good talent, and for people to leave their egos at the door.

4Life Research2019-08-30

"Marketing"

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, with a friendly family atmosphere.

Cons

Health Insurance and other benefits are weak.

Advice to Management

Invest more in your people.

4Life Research2018-11-01

"They dont deserve even one star"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I worked at 4Life Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you have no integrity or soul and just want to be treated like you are stupid then enjoy.

Cons

-The marketing department management is NOT HONEST OR HAVE ANY INTEGRITY. -They are not open to change at all and it is their way or the highway. -Management is completely unwilling to take responsibility for their actions or choices. Instead, they blame it on non-management people.

Advice to Management

way past due, management taking classes on actually listening and learning how to take responsibility for their actions. Instead of blaming non-managers.

4Life Research2018-10-12

"Hard to gain respect"

Former Employee - Marketing in Sandy, UT

I worked at 4Life Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cons

Hard to gain respect unless you have the right connections in the company. My years at 4Life were a roller coaster. Sometimes I felt valued and respected and my skill set was important and other times I was put down and made to feel like I didn't provide value and my skill set wasn't important to the company. Communication isn't great at 4Life internally and that has an effect on the communication externally to... the distributors. Ultimately the lack of respect is what pushed me to want to leave. I was tired of not being valued and being unhappy and resenting going to work each day.

Advice to Management

Value the employees you have, look for ways to show appreciation to them and help them in all areas of their lives. Provide ways for them to succeed personally and professionally and be supportive of that for all employees, not just certain ones depending on their family connection or position in the company. Investing in employees is worth the time and money so you can keep employees around that want to be a part... of 4Life and it's mission. Embrace good communications and organization strategy's. Don't be afraid to progress and embrace new technologies and ways of working.

4Life Research2018-09-18
  6. "Distributor Services"

I worked at 4Life Research part-time

Pros

Opportunity for growth. Business was transparent with its employees.

Cons

The business itself feels very old school. Problems with several supervisors not being willing to help on a call.

4Life Research2018-07-23
  7. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Sandy, UT

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been working at 4Life for almost 9 years and LOVE it here! Founders -In all of my experience I have never found more incredible founders than the Lisonbee's. David and Bianca are people of integrity and kindness who truly value their employees. They are so easy to talk with and get ahold of if needed. Jazz Games -4Life occasionally offers front row tix to the Jazz that includes a really nice... dinner and halftime treats. Lagoon Day -4Life pays for your family to spend the day at Lagoon and includes a special luncheon with a ton of raffle prizes. Health Benefits -4Life trumps all of previous companies with this. I have had three kids while at 4Life and what a blessing 4Life has been. They cover and reimburse expenses on the baby AND the mother separately and much more... Shortly after each child was born, we received on our door step a beautiful wooden gift box welcoming our newborns. Christmas Party -4Life does this every year that includes dinner and entertainment and they always give a gift to every employee. I have received over the years an ipad, Patagonia jacket, maui jims, JBL bluetooth speaker and amazon's Alexa (in the same year), and much more...and on top of that they give $100 cash to every employee. Annual Golf Outing -Directors and above get to spend a paid day golfing together at Jeremy Ranch Golf Course and participate in a scramble tournament. If you don't like golf you get paid to go to a spa:) Backyard basketball and volley-ball court with a picnic area and grass field. The floor where marketing works is really beautiful and comfortable to spend 8 hrs a day in. 4Life cares about people, I have had very personal experiences that I won't share here where the founders or an executive has stepped in (on their own) and shown their love and concern for me. I'm so grateful to be apart of a company like this. It's not about the money here, it's about so much more than that.

Cons

In reading some of the other reviews, it's apparent that certain people probably weren't adding value to the company as what I was reading for the most part seemed like someone in a rage writing inaccurate feelings. 4Life has women in prominent positions, in fact the co-founder and chairwoman of the board is female (Bianca). I admit that the company has been a little behind the times but that has changed... dramatically over this last year starting with a new CEO who is younger and brings a fresh perspective. It is a family owned company, which can be intimidating at first when working with a son or daughter, but the two kids that work in the company I have found are easy going, down to earth and easy to work with. They seem to get treated like everyone else but maybe I'm missing something over the last 9 years.

4Life Research2018-05-29
  8. "Great company, doing great things."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

4Life has some very solid executives who have a long-term vision on keeping the company healthy and profitable. They truly care about the customer and seek to make a difference in the world. At the same time, they do their best to create a comfortable environment and give opportunities for growth. As far as my own career is concerned, I've been with the company for 10 years, moved into better positions 2 different... times, and have grown tremendously here. I feel that this has been the best job I've ever had.

Cons

Sometimes a little too conservative. Sometimes absorbing positions and not re-hiring when it seems 1 or 2 more staff members in certain areas would make a big difference in effectiveness.

4Life Research2018-05-29

"Horrible, Toxic Environment, Extremely Mismanaged"

Former Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at 4Life Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are some really talented people who are really cool who work there. Some of my lifelong friends came from there, but you know how a tough situation bonds people together? It's one of those. They offer Jazz tickets and some other fun incentives, if your manager remembers to send it to you so you can sign up for it. That's about all the good I can say.

Cons

If you want your opinion and skills respected, don't work here. I've never been so unhappy and unsettled in a work situation. Decisions aren't based on logic or data, it's based on WHO says them and who they're friends with. And then it's everyone else's job to give them a little pat on the back. It's an environment focused on blame, with a complete lack of accountability and ownership. They just laid off... some of their best employees because they weren't afraid to share their opinion and distaste of the senior VP of marketing, who has no idea what he is doing. The department is horribly mismanaged. They waste money on ridiculous things but stiff their employees on raises and bonuses. The marketing department is unorganized and scattered, yet they expect the worker bees to get everything done last notice. If you're a man and suck up to the people in charge, you can ask for whatever you want. If you work hard and are organized, but you're a woman, you may as well work on your resume. The way they treat women, you would think it was the 1950's. My time there was spent building up the male ego while being completely and utterly micromanaged and ignored. In meetings, women are interrupted, ignored, and disrespected. The only way you'll make it at this company is if your parents own it or you suck up to the guy whose parents own it. Not all departments at 4Life are like this, but marketing has a serious problem to take care of if they want to avoid a discrimination lawsuit.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Get some qualified women in upper management and take note of the sexist environment and fix it. Give raises and promotions based on skill and talent, not to someone who sucks up and makes you feel good. Your good employees deserve better or you will lose them. You have already lost a lot of talent because you can't get it together.

4Life Research2018-05-24

"A good place to work"

I worked at 4Life Research full-time

Pros

Good benefits, Employee perks, Environment

Cons

Nepotism & playing favorites. Those that contribute less, keep their head down (contribute nothing) last longer.

Advice to Management

When staffed with yes-men/women and nobody to challenge ideas, beliefs, or practices, those people are dead-weight. Embrace those who challenge and think differently. One point of view is a dangerous game.

4Life Research2018-03-29