4Life Research Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Tew

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy, UT

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working with the company for 8 years now. It has many benefits, and more than a work place you feel that you are treated like family. 4Life's work environment and people are great! The company allows you the opportunity to keep growing and moving forward within. Here you feel right at home, from the founders to all executives and employees, you will always receive a friendly hello.

Cons

Sometimes it is a little conservative, and in some departments I think it takes a while to hire new people for an old position.

2. "Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing in Sandy, UT

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working at 4Life for almost 9 years and LOVE it here!

Founders
    -In all of my experience I have never found more incredible founders than the Lisonbee's. David and Bianca are people of integrity and kindness who truly value their employees. They are so easy to talk with and get ahold of if needed.

Jazz Games
    -4Life occasionally offers front row tix to the Jazz that includes a really nice dinner and halftime treats.

Lagoon Day
    -4Life pays for your family to spend the day at Lagoon and includes a special luncheon with a ton of raffle prizes.

Health Benefits
    -4Life trumps all of previous companies with this. I have had three kids while at 4Life and what a blessing 4Life has been. They cover and reimburse expenses on the baby AND the mother separately and much more... Shortly after each child was born, we received on our door step a beautiful wooden gift box welcoming our newborns.

Christmas Party
    -4Life does this every year that includes dinner and entertainment and they always give a gift to every employee. I have received over the years an ipad, Patagonia jacket, maui jims, JBL bluetooth speaker and amazon's Alexa (in the same year), and much more...and on top of that they give $100 cash to every employee.

Annual Golf Outing
    -Directors and above get to spend a paid day golfing together at Jeremy Ranch Golf Course and participate in a scramble tournament. If you don't like golf you get paid to go to a spa:)

Backyard basketball and volley-ball court with a picnic area and grass field.

The floor where marketing works is really beautiful and comfortable to spend 8 hrs a day in.

4Life cares about people, I have had very personal experiences that I won't share here where the founders or an executive has stepped in (on their own) and shown their love and concern for me. I'm so grateful to be apart of a company like this. It's not about the money here, it's about so much more than that.

Cons

In reading some of the other reviews, it's apparent that certain people probably weren't adding value to the company as what I was reading for the most part seemed like someone in a rage writing inaccurate feelings.

4Life has women in prominent positions, in fact the co-founder and chairwoman of the board is female (Bianca). I admit that the company has been a little behind the times but that has changed dramatically over this last year starting with a new CEO who is younger and brings a fresh perspective.

It is a family owned company, which can be intimidating at first when working with a son or daughter, but the two kids that work in the company I have found are easy going, down to earth and easy to work with. They seem to get treated like everyone else but maybe I'm missing something over the last 9 years.

3. "Great company, doing great things."

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

4Life has some very solid executives who have a long-term vision on keeping the company healthy and profitable. They truly care about the customer and seek to make a difference in the world. At the same time, they do their best to create a comfortable environment and give opportunities for growth. As far as my own career is concerned, I've been with the company for 10 years, moved into better positions 2 different times, and have grown tremendously here. I feel that this has been the best job I've ever had.

Cons

Sometimes a little too conservative. Sometimes absorbing positions and not re-hiring when it seems 1 or 2 more staff members in certain areas would make a big difference in effectiveness.

"Horrible, Toxic Environment, Extremely Mismanaged"

Former Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at 4Life Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really talented people who are really cool who work there. Some of my lifelong friends came from there, but you know how a tough situation bonds people together? It's one of those. They offer Jazz tickets and some other fun incentives, if your manager remembers to send it to you so you can sign up for it. That's about all the good I can say.

Cons

If you want your opinion and skills respected, don't work here. I've never been so unhappy and unsettled in a work situation.

Decisions aren't based on logic or data, it's based on WHO says them and who they're friends with. And then it's everyone else's job to give them a little pat on the back. It's an environment focused on blame, with a complete lack of accountability and ownership.

They just laid off some of their best employees because they weren't afraid to share their opinion and distaste of the senior VP of marketing, who has no idea what he is doing. The department is horribly mismanaged. They waste money on ridiculous things but stiff their employees on raises and bonuses.

The marketing department is unorganized and scattered, yet they expect the worker bees to get everything done last notice.

If you're a man and suck up to the people in charge, you can ask for whatever you want. If you work hard and are organized, but you're a woman, you may as well work on your resume.

The way they treat women, you would think it was the 1950's. My time there was spent building up the male ego while being completely and utterly micromanaged and ignored. In meetings, women are interrupted, ignored, and disrespected.

The only way you'll make it at this company is if your parents own it or you suck up to the guy whose parents own it.

Not all departments at 4Life are like this, but marketing has a serious problem to take care of if they want to avoid a discrimination lawsuit.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Get some qualified women in upper management and take note of the sexist environment and fix it.

Give raises and promotions based on skill and talent, not to someone who sucks up and makes you feel good. Your good employees deserve better or you will lose them. You have already lost a lot of talent because you can't get it together.

"A good place to work"

I worked at 4Life Research full-time

Pros

Good benefits, Employee perks, Environment

Cons

Nepotism & playing favorites. Those that contribute less, keep their head down (contribute nothing) last longer.

Advice to Management

When staffed with yes-men/women and nobody to challenge ideas, beliefs, or practices, those people are dead-weight. Embrace those who challenge and think differently. One point of view is a dangerous game.

"Good employer, but a little behind the times."

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family-like atmosphere with slightly above average health insurance and related benefits. Caring executives and founders.

Cons

Overall benefits package is somewhat behind. For example, no tuition reimbursement, somewhat antiquated work environment.

Advice to Management

Actively manage your corporate culture. Find and reward your hidden gems.

"Has potential if some changes are made"

Former Employee - Director in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Director in Sandy, UT

I worked at 4Life Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. Everyone tries to work hard. Happy atmosphere.

Cons

Upper management doesn’t lead., they dictate. They don’t give advice, but they complain when things don’t go well. There’s no team atmosphere. No accountability. Departments are pitted against each other instead of working as a team with the same goal. The COO is inexperienced, childish, not a leader.

Advice to Management

Support and develop your employees. Set reasonable goals and help employees succeed. Promote people for their abilities instead of promoting friends and family. Use peer evaluations. Any evaluations.

"Save Team"

Pros

Flexible, Direct Sup., Activities, Interacctive

Cons

Pay, Time, Morals, Appreciation, Pressure

"Good place for men to work..."

Former Employee - Analyst in Sandy, UT
    Former Employee - Analyst in Sandy, UT

I worked at 4Life Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mostly nice co-workers. Good location. Christmas gifts. Summer parties. That's all the nice I can think to write. All all all

Cons

Misogynistic leadership. Top leadership unabashedly for made negative comments about "women in the workforce" as well as blatant comments about women's hair, age, looks and clothing. Totally unacceptable behavior! They make sexual comments and call women bad names. And they make these comments in meetings and they do get heard by employees.

Advice to Management

Stop with the comments. Your female employees do so much and deserve so much more.

10. "Longtime employee"

Current Employee - Accountant in Sandy, UT
    Current Employee - Accountant in Sandy, UT

I have been working at 4Life Research full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at 4Life over 10 years and have enjoyed my time at 4Life. The benefits are very good and I like working with the people there.

Cons

The sun never sets on the 4Life world, sometimes a challenge keeping my arms around my responsibilities.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work