512 Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

512 Solutions Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2017

Found 14 reviews

3.1
512 Solutions CEO Joseph Nolan (no image)
Joseph Nolan

"You'll lose more money working for this scam company then you will ever earn. RUN AWAY!"

Current Employee - Account Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely none. The people are moderately nice, but it is all apart of their "marketing cult" and scheme to guilt you into working for them longer. If you want to work with a bunch of stoners, spend over $100 a week in gas, be denied pay for a month, and work 12 hours days then this job is for you!

Cons

512 Solutions is apart of the multi-level marketing cult known as Cydcore. You get hired on a "manager in training" and are sold this pipe dream about how you too can move up the company and be making 6 figures within the year. This is not the case. Get a clue people, if you can be a company owner/manager within a year, it is obviously too good to be true. After being on the month for only a job, you become an... account manager and are expected to train others as well when you are still getting the hang of things. There are a handful of things wrong with the management and payment structure in 512 Solutions, but here are just a few: 1. You do not get paid until your third week on the job, and it is not enough to live on. 2. You are expected and required to work 12 hour days and come in on your days off to get more sales. 3. You put thousands of miles on your vehicle driving to various Walmart's, and are never compensated for gas. 4. You are forced to transport other employees (who were hired for a traveling sales job WITHOUT transportation) and are not compensated -When driving around with other employees, you are often forced to wait for them and thus spend more time away from home not making any money. 5. The job is only commission with a draw, meaning if you don't sell enough one week and get base pay, you have too pay back that base pay because it is considered supplement. 6. They tell you that someone canceled their account before it gets installed so you don't get paid, but in fact it did get installed 7. If someone cancels their account before it gets installed, you do not get paid for the sale. A $600 week can quickly become a $300 week. 8. You are often forced or "required" to go to team nights and crew nights. After working 12 hours days, you are often bullied into spending more time and money with the people you work with. 9. 90% of the staff does drugs and they are not courteous of others who do not. 10. There is no account for seniority in the company. If a newbie quickly surpasses you in sales, they can be promoted quicker than you. 11. If you go to the manager or lead with any problems or qualms, they accuse you of not being a team player. 12. The distribution of where you are sent is by no means fair. You will be frequently sent over an hour away everyday for weeks while other employees do not have to travel as far. 13. The turnover rate is incredibly high, people are hired weekly and quit on the daily when they realize how unrealistic this job is. 14. Less than 1% of the people who stick with the company will make it to manager or assistant manager. 15. All other employees are taught to look down upon people with normal jobs. If you drive to Giddings and put $20 in your tank, spend 12 hours in the field and make one sale, you will make less than $8/hr. Also, no overtime. Now imagine $300 for a 60 hour work week, that's $5/hr (less than minimum wage).

Advice to Management

I really wish the CEO and manager would stop talking about how much money he makes and start doing something about the drug use amongst senior level staff. I don't do drugs, and I don't appreciate being put in an environment that promotes it.

512 Solutions2013-10-07

"Great mentorship and company to start your career with."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

I never write reviews, but I felt I should after talking with a few of my friends who also just graduated. I realized how lucky I am that 512 Solutions is where I started my career. A lot of my friends are still waiting tables or feel like just a number in a corporate job, and my experience has been very different. I've had a lot of support and training about business with 512. The company has a lot of stability... with high client demand, which I think is why they're so hands on with training and developing the team. New ideas are supported, and I've already learned a ton, especially about leadership development. And the whole team is friendly and the environment is drama-free.

Cons

It's my first sales job so I'm not the best yet, which is frustrating. It also can be difficult to be pushed to take new things on all the time. I'm pretty sure I work more than most of my friends at other entry level positions.

Advice to Management

Every so often, we have time with a manager from another market, and it's always helpful to be around people who have advanced and are great leaders. If we could make that happen more often, I think it would really help.

512 Solutions2013-04-23

June 11, 2014Recruiting

We appreciate your review! Thanks for your feedback on having more networking opportunities with management in other cities-we are getting together this weekend in California! It is always smart to learn from others that are successful in the industry you want to be great in.

"Excellent People, Somewhat harsh pay and promotion metrics."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great People: The team of people you work with are fantastic people. Energetic, friendly, and highly helpful. The general mentality is "help others succeed." - Good Leadership: "The working environment teaches you a lot about how to lead a team of people and how to promote positive mentality among others. The team holds daily morning meetings to promote positive messages and teach management and sales... techniques. Everyone is treated as individuals and given fair input. - Energetic Environment: Frequent workplace performance based competitions create unique and fun interactions between co-workers. Employees are all enthusiastic people. - No Seniority: Your pay and advancement options are entirely performance based, with no regard to employment time. You can advance much faster than someone who has worked there longer if you consistently perform better. Summary: Great place to work if you are looking to improve in the sales arena, and to pick up leadership/training techniques.

Cons

- Highly sales based: The base metric that drives your pay and advancement options is still your weekly sales numbers. Without consistent sales numbers, you will not be considered for leadership positions. Even if you are selling consistently, your sales metrics will be compared with everyone else's in the team to see who is given priority for leadership roles. - Less than Desirable Pay Mechanics: Commission is... not calculated in addition to base pay, but rather as opposed to base pay. This means whichever one is higher is the one you are paid for. Canceled sales will count against your pay (regardless of cause). In addition, if your commission for a week falls below your base pay, the difference will be counted against you in following weeks on a running "negative tab". - No compensation for travel expenses: You will be dispatched to various locations out of the office on a daily basis to promote and sell product. You may be asked to drive to locations up to an hour away on a daily basis. There is no compensation for the gas that you expend traveling to and from these locations. Summary: Unless you are good at sales, no amount of other skills or experience will help you become successful at this company. However, they do provide an extensive amount of training.

Advice to Management

Compensation for travel expense would go a long way. Perhaps rethink base pay mechanic to become base pay + commission.

512 Solutions2012-11-06

June 11, 2014Recruiting

Thanks for taking the time to review our company. We are glad to hear that you appreciate the support from team members to help you succeed.

"Team oriented company, everyone works together!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 512 Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been here for a little over a year and still love coming to work everyday. I have moved up very quickly in the company and continue to move up with the company. 512 Solutions is a great place to work and start a career. If you want to grow and get management experience, 512 Solutions is the company to start with.

Cons

You have to be very driven and motivated!

512 Solutions2012-09-25

June 11, 2014Recruiting

Thanks so much for your review!

Found 14 reviews