KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

52 Limited Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2021

Found 17 of over 37 reviews

4.9
52 Limited Founder Brooks Gilley (no image)
Brooks Gilley

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "My direct team was awesome, would love to work with everyone again!(in 5 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Recruiting review

Oct 14, 2021 - Job Seeker
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with Amanda B. at 52 Limited and had a wonderful experience! She helped me find a role that is a perfect fit and made the process extremely smooth and easy. I really enjoyed her relaxed and positive attitude as well as the information she supplied me with in order to be set up for success along the way. I highly recommend Amanda and 52 Limited for your recruiting needs!

Cons

I can't think of any cons

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Wonderful company invested in both their community & employees!

Nov 4, 2020 - People Success Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Believed in the growth & development of employees to create a better future together. An amazing company culture with a drive to continually make things better!

Cons

Below the market for salary internal salary (but really really really great overall)

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

The human side of staffing

Mar 2, 2020 - UI/User Experience Designer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

They work hard to find the right fit for you and genuinely care about your preferences and career goals.

Cons

I wish they offered PTO or paid holidays to their contractors.

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Best in the business

Feb 21, 2020 - Sales Executive in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Caring and supportive leadership team -Excellent location with dedicated parking lot -Recruiters are seasoned industry professionals -Fun and engaging community events

Cons

-Nothing that is company specific.

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great staff, great gigs — highly recommend.

Apr 27, 2017 - Graphic Designer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The folks at 52 limited made entering into the world of contracting in Portland very simple and straightforward. I felt as though I was always had someone in my court looking out for me, wanting me to succeed at all costs. They helped me through getting health insurance and made sure I always in the know about my contract was going with regular check-ins. Priceless experience to say the least. 10/10 would use again!

Cons

This isn't necessarily something that 52 Ltd has control over, but knowing when contract extensions are going to happen can sometimes feel like last minute. I know this is often on the company that is doing the contracting, but that particular experience wears on freelancers in general. However, folks at 52 were very good at chiming in as soon as any information was known.

52 Limited Response

Community Marketing Manager

Thank you for the kind words... connecting creatives & technologists with worthwhile work is our raison d'etre! Contract extensions are nice, but you're right that the communication timeline is sometimes abrupt. We'll keep looking for ways to smooth out that little bump :)

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Staffing Company I've Ever Worked With

Dec 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The talent manager with whom I work is super helpful, friendly, and quick to respond. Even early in the application process, I felt like I was working with a friend who was truly on my side. She gave me some tips to make my resume read better and did a fantastic job of keeping an open line of communication. Even now that I've been placed, she keeps in touch to make sure things are going well and that I'm getting the support I need. This seems to be the theme at 52 Ltd. The Talent Experience Manager has made everything super easy and responds incredibly fast to any questions. I have been recommending 52 Ltd to all my friends looking for a change.

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stephanie Hooper provides a great experience

Nov 29, 2016 - Marketing Director in Montreal, QC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stephanie was able to alert me to jobs/companies that I would not have found on my own. She considered my skills and suggested roles that would push me out of my comfort zone and promote professional development.

Cons

I have tried to work with 52 Ltd in the past and haven't experienced the attention and success I've had with Stephanie. The people I worked with years ago did not give a high level of service or provide any opportunities for me, however, they no longer seem to be with the company.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

52LTD were great - I recommend !

Mar 22, 2017 - Senior Technical Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

They let me work, they pay me, and buy me coffee once a month. All I have to do is fill in a timesheet. Seems like a good deal to me. Seriously, I had a great experience with 52LTD and was hired on as a full time contractor for a non-profit in downtown Portland. I have since been converted to a full time employee at the non-profit organization. 52LTD kept in touch with me to be sure I'm happy with my assignment and were always there for me if I needed to reach out. The folks at 52LTD are a mighty fine group of people and I recommend seeking employment with them.

Cons

Glassdoor requires five words here

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Attentive and caring

Aug 15, 2018 - Technical Designer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved working with 52 limited as my agency for my contract position. It was my first experience working with an agency but I felt that they had my back the entire time. The team consistently followed up with my questions and made the process so easy. Even after my contract ended the team was still there to refer me to different jobs they felt I was qualified in- regardless of my future with 52 limited I will always be grateful.

Cons

There are no cons- 52 is a relatively small, boutique agency which is why each client is catered to and cared for.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

An Excellent Agency to Partner With

Aug 9, 2016 - Visual Designer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly, thoughtful, tentative staff who seemed genuinely concerned with how I was doing and whether the placements they found me were a good fit. I felt like they we always on my side as an advocate, and that I could confide in them when necessary. I've worked with many staffing agencies, and this is by far the best experience I've had. I'm very grateful for my time spent with 52LTD and would work with them in the future, unquestionably.

Cons

I would be hard pressed to find any cons that I experienced during my time with 52LTD

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews

52 Limited Reviews FAQs

52 Limited has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 37 reviews left anonymously by employees. 100% of employees would recommend working at 52 Limited to a friend and 100% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 52 Limited employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 52 Limited. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

100% of 52 Limited employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 52 Limited 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 52 Limited to be senior leadership, management, career development and the cons to be workplace, compensation, benefits.