52 Limited Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timeFreelanceContractPart-timeIntern

4.9
Brooks Gilley

Sort: PopularRatingDate
  1. "Looking for work in creative services? 52LTD is the only talent agency you need."

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

A lot of companies talk about building a culture on a bedrock of human-centric values. Few ever live to do it.

52 broke the mold for me. Acumen meets empathy, jumps into a hotrod of grace.

These people know how to land you a great job in a town that has nepotistic tendencies.

52 has spent a long time (a decade, two decades—I don't know, but a while) establishing a network of trust. They vet for quality. They're careful with their placements. They genuinely care about you as a candidate and a person. They want the right fit. Because that's the business model—a lot of PDX hiring managers once found work via 52.

Whether you're new to town or can still remember when the Pearl was a smoldering ruin, hit up the good people of 52. You won't regret it.

Ask for Jen Hecht, Alexis Dane, or Mary Blalock. They're the greatest!

Cons

I didn't encounter any.

Advice to Management

Keep being you.

2. "Amazing, supportive contracting company"

Current Contractor - Consultant
    Current Contractor - Consultant

I have been working at 52 Limited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the best contracting company I have ever worked for. They make you feel like an employee and an individual, not just a body to fill a vacancy. I worked with Amanda, who is absolutely the best recruiter! Amanda made sure I matched with the ideal position and wasn't afraid to take a chance. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

Due to the hard work everyone put in, I was quickly converted to a permanent position with the client. I did not get to work with 52 Ltd very long.

3. "Best Staffing Company I've Ever Worked With"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at 52 Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The talent manager with whom I work is super helpful, friendly, and quick to respond. Even early in the application process, I felt like I was working with a friend who was truly on my side. She gave me some tips to make my resume read better and did a fantastic job of keeping an open line of communication. Even now that I've been placed, she keeps in touch to make sure things are going well and that I'm getting the support I need. This seems to be the theme at 52 Ltd. The Talent Experience Manager has made everything super easy and responds incredibly fast to any questions. I have been recommending 52 Ltd to all my friends looking for a change.

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

4. "An Absolute Pleasure to Work With!"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

TL;DR: 52 Limited is super professional, and you can tell they actually take pride in their work and put great effort into helping the right candidates find the right positions. A total breath of fresh air compared to most of the other tech recruiting firms out there.

When I was searching for a new web development position this past summer, I had a lot of recruiters contact me, nearly all of whom were completely unprofessional and upheld themselves with absolutely zero integrity. Every single day, I would get a mountain of unsolicited voicemails and text messages from random recruiters who couldn't even bother to spell my name right (my first name is only 4 characters in length, FWIW). I honestly sort of fell into the assumption that all recruiters were like this.

Thankfully, working with 52 Limited was the exact opposite experience. Amanda reached out to me through LinkedIn and gave me a quick rundown of an opening at a company in Portland which matched my experience, and told me to reach out if I was interested in hearing more. That's it--no endless email/phone/vm/text spam.

Anyway, to skip ahead a bit, after about a month of working with Amanda and various interviewers at said company, I received (and happily accepted) an offer. It was obviously a long road (as dev interview processes tend to be), but Amanda was helpful and attentive throughout the entire process, and even helped me politely nudge the company to expedite the interview process a bit when I received an offer from another company.

I could go on and on about how happy I am with my experience with Amanda and everyone at 52, but I know if I make this too long, nobody will read it. :) Suffice it to say, sometimes just having the right qualifications isn't always enough, and working with a firm who has built up a strong professional relationship with the companies in your area might be that last "extra little bit" that you need. I am grateful beyond words that Amanda/52 were able to connect me and help me land a position that is exactly what I was looking for. I would not hesitate for a second to refer friends/family to 52. Thanks for everything!

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negative to say, but I have to put down at least 20 words here for my review to be accepted.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management, but I have to put down at least 20 words here for my review to be accepted.

"Amazing people"

Former Contractor - Senior PHP Developer in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Senior PHP Developer in Portland, OR

I worked at 52 Limited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked with other agencies in town and none can come close to the level of professionalism the team has.

Cons

More local companies need to get the memo and work with them. I can't really think of anything else. They're awesome.

Advice to Management

None.

"Great connections, easy to work with."

I have been working at 52 Limited full-time

Pros

People are very nice, quick to respond, very helpful

Cons

None at this time.

7. "Small but mighty"

I worked at 52 Limited full-time

Pros

My direct team was awesome, would love to work with everyone again!

Cons

Too much petty competition between employees.

8. "Great company to contract with"

Former Contractor - Full Stack Developer in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Full Stack Developer in Portland, OR

I worked at 52 Limited as a contractor

Pros

They have everything in place to make the contract process very smooth. I spent probably only a couple hours doing setup and they handled everything else
    Amanda worked really hard to help me get the contract and after I converted to an employee has been available to help where needed

Cons

The benefits aren’t awesome but are pretty good for contract work

"Great Team!"

Former Contractor - Marketing Coordinator in Portland, OR
    Former Contractor - Marketing Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at 52 Limited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team. Responsive to requests. Eager to help. Friendly and resourceful.

52 LTD has placed me in my last two positions - one an immediate hire, the other temp-to-hire. Both times their teams were friendly, resourceful, responsive, and helpful. They found positions that fit my expertise and my salary needs. If/when I need help finding a new position, 52 will be my first call!

Cons

No complaints at all.

"Positive experience from start to finish!"

Current Contractor - Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Contractor - Project Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at 52 Limited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was contacted about an open position by Maddy, and from the very beginning, she was super informative, helpful and positive. The entire experience from submission through offer was easy and fast! after I accepted the position and started working Maddy followed up personally to see how it was going. BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!

Cons

None, 52lmtd really care about the people they work with!