52 Limited Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timeFreelanceContractPart-timeIntern

4.9
Brooks Gilley

Sort: PopularRatingDate
  1. "Unmatchable care and attention to the recruiting process"

Current Contractor - Community Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Contractor - Community Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at 52 Limited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

When I was initially recruited, there was immediate transparency about logistics and a deep level of connection with the recruiter during our phone screening about the role at hand. Fast forward two weeks and everyone working at 52 Limited helped onboard my current team and I with incredible grace, intelligence and attention to detail! If you are looking for creative roles or a new opportunity, please look no further than 52 Limited. They are generous with their time, information and do so with a fun-loving and refreshing sense of humor. I am very grateful for the experience I was given at my current job and very much have them to thank for the beginning stages.

Cons

Truly, there are no cons.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! You stand out in the industry as an agency who genuinely cares to get people where they are meant to be.

2. "Project Manager"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at 52 Limited as a contractor

Pros

I have had a great experience with 52 Limited and have especially enjoyed working with Jessica. She has great energy and was able to find an excellent opportunity for me quickly. I would recommend 52 Limited to all in my professional network.

Cons

There are none to note here.

3. "An agency that cares about creative people"

Current Contractor - Front-End Developer in Portland, OR
    Current Contractor - Front-End Developer in Portland, OR

I have been working at 52 Limited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at 52 Limited is unquestionably fantastic. More than one team member has helped me navigate the competitive job market in Portland with a dedication I haven't seen from many recruiting agencies. They are attentive, empathic, & driven to helping you find the right professional fit.

Cons

It can take a while to find a job. A lot of factors are outside the scope of 52 Ltd though. Clients change their minds, but 52 has done a great job communicating throughout the process. If you feel like someone hasn't reached out, send over an email, and you should hear something back soon.

4. "Attentive and caring"

Current Employee - Technical Designer in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Technical Designer in Portland, OR

I have been working at 52 Limited full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working with 52 limited as my agency for my contract position. It was my first experience working with an agency but I felt that they had my back the entire time. The team consistently followed up with my questions and made the process so easy. Even after my contract ended the team was still there to refer me to different jobs they felt I was qualified in- regardless of my future with 52 limited I will always be grateful.

Cons

There are no cons- 52 is a relatively small, boutique agency which is why each client is catered to and cared for.

Advice to Management

no advice to management

5. "Looking for work in creative services? 52LTD is the only talent agency you need."

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

A lot of companies talk about building a culture on a bedrock of human-centric values. Few ever live to do it.

52 broke the mold for me. Acumen meets empathy, jumps into a hotrod of grace.

These people know how to land you a great job in a town that has nepotistic tendencies.

52 has spent a long time (a decade, two decades—I don't know, but a while) establishing a network of trust. They vet for quality. They're careful with their placements. They genuinely care about you as a candidate and a person. They want the right fit. Because that's the business model—a lot of PDX hiring managers once found work via 52.

Whether you're new to town or can still remember when the Pearl was a smoldering ruin, hit up the good people of 52. You won't regret it.

Ask for Jen Hecht, Alexis Dane, or Mary Blalock. They're the greatest!

Cons

I didn't encounter any.

Advice to Management

Keep being you.

6. "Amazing, supportive contracting company"

Current Contractor - Consultant
    Current Contractor - Consultant

I have been working at 52 Limited as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

This is the best contracting company I have ever worked for. They make you feel like an employee and an individual, not just a body to fill a vacancy. I worked with Amanda, who is absolutely the best recruiter! Amanda made sure I matched with the ideal position and wasn't afraid to take a chance. I can't say enough good things about this company.

Cons

Due to the hard work everyone put in, I was quickly converted to a permanent position with the client. I did not get to work with 52 Ltd very long.

7. "Best Staffing Company I've Ever Worked With"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at 52 Limited full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The talent manager with whom I work is super helpful, friendly, and quick to respond. Even early in the application process, I felt like I was working with a friend who was truly on my side. She gave me some tips to make my resume read better and did a fantastic job of keeping an open line of communication. Even now that I've been placed, she keeps in touch to make sure things are going well and that I'm getting the support I need. This seems to be the theme at 52 Ltd. The Talent Experience Manager has made everything super easy and responds incredibly fast to any questions. I have been recommending 52 Ltd to all my friends looking for a change.

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

8. "An Absolute Pleasure to Work With!"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

TL;DR: 52 Limited is super professional, and you can tell they actually take pride in their work and put great effort into helping the right candidates find the right positions. A total breath of fresh air compared to most of the other tech recruiting firms out there.

When I was searching for a new web development position this past summer, I had a lot of recruiters contact me, nearly all of whom were completely unprofessional and upheld themselves with absolutely zero integrity. Every single day, I would get a mountain of unsolicited voicemails and text messages from random recruiters who couldn't even bother to spell my name right (my first name is only 4 characters in length, FWIW). I honestly sort of fell into the assumption that all recruiters were like this.

Thankfully, working with 52 Limited was the exact opposite experience. Amanda reached out to me through LinkedIn and gave me a quick rundown of an opening at a company in Portland which matched my experience, and told me to reach out if I was interested in hearing more. That's it--no endless email/phone/vm/text spam.

Anyway, to skip ahead a bit, after about a month of working with Amanda and various interviewers at said company, I received (and happily accepted) an offer. It was obviously a long road (as dev interview processes tend to be), but Amanda was helpful and attentive throughout the entire process, and even helped me politely nudge the company to expedite the interview process a bit when I received an offer from another company.

I could go on and on about how happy I am with my experience with Amanda and everyone at 52, but I know if I make this too long, nobody will read it. :) Suffice it to say, sometimes just having the right qualifications isn't always enough, and working with a firm who has built up a strong professional relationship with the companies in your area might be that last "extra little bit" that you need. I am grateful beyond words that Amanda/52 were able to connect me and help me land a position that is exactly what I was looking for. I would not hesitate for a second to refer friends/family to 52. Thanks for everything!

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negative to say, but I have to put down at least 20 words here for my review to be accepted.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to management, but I have to put down at least 20 words here for my review to be accepted.

"Great connections, easy to work with."

I have been working at 52 Limited full-time

Pros

People are very nice, quick to respond, very helpful

Cons

None at this time.

10. "Small but mighty"

I worked at 52 Limited full-time

Pros

My direct team was awesome, would love to work with everyone again!

Cons

Too much petty competition between employees.