5280 Solutions Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Opportunity for growth!"

Current Employee - Leader in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Leader in Denver, CO

Pros

They offer great training almost as if it were free business school. If you show your strengths and effort you will get noticed and you will grow. Yes it's a lot of hard work. But hard work pays off if you are willing to set your preconceived notions on the shelf and open up a little, You never know what you can learn but also what you can teach others and be valued.

Cons

Hours are intense. Lot's of time on your feet. Pay starts out small, but one you get it - pay is much better. This is not a 9-5 job, and no job is right for everyone.

Advice to Management

Really keep up with valuing and building people, and cultivating opportunity.

"Avoid this place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at 5280 Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none I can think of,

Cons

I moved to Denver at my own expense. I was working there for three days. Then fired because some one with my name was arrested in state I came from six years before i moved to that state. The company that did the background check corrected it, or told me they did, with in a day but I was still out

3. "A Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at 5280 Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid Industry, a company that provides good customer service and is seeking to build upon their successes. The people who run this company understand what it's like to be in the trenches with the geeks and value their people. Work life balance is getting better. Many weeks are only 40 hours. Time off compensation is great!

Cons

Behind on technology, and are only now finally warming up to Agile methodologies. Sometimes you do have projects that take longer hours. And the major business season is from July through September, so you need to plan your summer vacations accordingly.

Advice to Management

Continue the focus on a single process and using technology to make that process possible. Make newer technology for developed products a priority and look to expand into new avenues of business with the financial systems you offer.

"Mixed bag"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Denver, CO

I worked at 5280 Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowledge sharing and team building is encouraged. Lots of talented people. Frequent and open communication among team members and project manager.

Cons

If you are not liked, some people go out of their way to make you miserable. I was not one of them, but I saw it happen to several people who never knew why they were targets.

5. "Relaxed, interesting, performance based environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Rewarded for performance.
    Rewarded for being healthy.
    Not afraid of new technologies.
    Relaxed athmosphere.
    Clear communication about company wide issues.

Cons

Low salaries and raises.
    Lots of good talk but hardly any walk.
    Very restricted IT environment.
    Communication barrier to Senior management.

Advice to Management

Start by allowing the departments not in direct contact with the Department of Education to perform at their full ability by removing the un-necessary security restrictions. Catching up to the latest salary trends and paying the employees what they deserve would also help.

6. "A good IT contracting company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Focused on Denver. Ethical and open on IT Contracting and opportunities. Benefits are good when you can get them. Still treat IT Contracting at an arms length.

Cons

The organization is very focused on IT Contracting and Consulting. After an assignment is complete, you are basically on your own to find the next assigment. When typical of IT Contracting, I would have expected 5280 Solutions to offer additional options.

Advice to Management

Consider focusing on career advancement options for the contractors and consultants working with the organization. Can the group collaborate together or work together based upon them being part of the same company?

"The worst job I've had in my 20-year experience in the IT industry."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

22 days of vacation. One of the industry's best.

Cons

Zero work-life balance. Expect to work 60 hour weeks because of sales/PMO incompetence in promising impossible deadlines. They will also promise you the job as "do your 8 hours a day and go home", which is an absolute lie. People with zero understanding of development process are in charge of making key technical decisions. Most people are scared for their jobs and go with the flow from fear of retribution.

Advice to Management

Quit your day job and go flip burgers.