5W Public Relations Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 176 reviews

3.8
5W Public Relations CEO Ronn D. Torossian
Ronn D. Torossian
Pros
  • "Your hard work does not go unnoticed and show your worth and you will be rewarded(in 11 reviews)

• "If you can handle fast-paced, you will do great(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "There were even people who suggested making fake gmail profiles for pitching(in 13 reviews)

• "implement better PTO program, sick leave and ability to work remotely / work from home(in 9 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Learn. Interesting Clients. Team Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

5W offers a wide range of interesting and fun clients that you are encouraged to get creative with. Team structure is incredibly supportive so work shouldn't ever feel super overwhelming. Lots of opportunity for growth if you put in the work and work/life balance is much better than any other agency I've worked at.

Cons

None to share, but are definitely encouraged and supported to hit the ground running, so if you are not organized or good with time management, it might not be the place for you.

5W Public Relations2019-02-07

February 14, 2019Chief HR Officer

we love to hear about the great things going on at the agency. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

2. "Fantastic Place to Work, Learn & Grow!"

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

5W is a fantastic place to learn, grow and challenge yourself. Based on which department you work in, you have the opportunity to learn something new every single day. Fellow team members grow to become like your second family and are always there for you; whether it’s something work-related or even a personal matter, everyone truly cares about and fully supports one another. Everyone is extremely friendly, always willing...

Cons

It would be great to have a more flexible/ WFH policy, especially for longstanding and senior-level employees. Client workload can get heavy at times - but my advice for those who do get overwhelmed with said work is to make an effort to properly manage your time – and even speak with your managers/other team members when you are feeling stressed - everyone is always willing to help and to advise on effective time...

5W Public Relations2019-02-07

February 14, 2019Chief HR Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am pleased to announce that we have implemented a WFH policy and it's going very well.

3. "amazing place to work, oppor Located in the iconic Helmsley Building :)"

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time

Pros

Excellent place for growth and succeed. I am very happy to be surrounded by my creative hard working peers. Great employee perks. Enjoy coming to work daily, fun environment. I learn something everyday. Your hard work does not go unnoticed and show your worth and you will be rewarded.

Cons

Not for anyone, you must be willing to put in the time and work hard and be extremely organized, very fast paced always signing new clients which is excellent. Push yourself daily - and be good under pressure, multi tasking and a strong communicator.

Advice to Management

Would like to be able to from time to time work from home, when the situation is possible.

5W Public Relations2019-02-06

February 7, 2019Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your positive feedback, We have recently implemented a Work From Home policy for all employees. We are excited to give our employees flexibility to work from home and if you aren't aware of the policy, please see your manager or HR. Thank you Angela

"Great Place to Intern!"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at 5W Public Relations for more than a year

Pros

I felt really involved with my entire team and was given the same responsibilities as an entry-level employee, which I feel gave me a lot more experience. Everyone is extremely friendly and always willing to help, and the company culture is awesome!

Cons

There really wasn't any. Just make sure to go out of your way to make meaningful connections with team members/ supervisors. What you get out of the experience is the amount of effort you put into it.

5W Public Relations2018-11-17

November 19, 2018Chief HR Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I am so glad your experience was positive and look forward to seeing you next year.

• "Lots of perks, cool office"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

there are lots of every day perks, free breakfasts and lunches, free coffee, lots of snacks. The leadership team is full of young intelligent people that make work interesting and fun each day. There are lots of opportunities to grow here

Cons

sometimes the workload gets heavy

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

5W Public Relations2018-11-07

"Account Coordinator"

Former Employee - Account Coordinator

I worked at 5W Public Relations for more than a year

Pros

Broke day lunch. Summer Friday's. Pay was fair.

Cons

Small scope of work. Too aggressive with pitching. Bad management skills. Not a flexible work environment.

Advice to Management

It's not what you say. It's about how you go about it. Management training should be required for anyone above an AE. Also, some sort of more formal training would have been beneficial within the first few weeks of starting a role in the Account Coordinator role.

5W Public Relations2018-08-14

"Great to launch a brand and possibly destroy it-same with employees"

Former Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I worked at 5W Public Relations full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

They will get results even if it means threatening an employee They keep people happy with great perks I

Cons

-No way to advance in career -The CEO only has hot White woman as VP's with one or two Men in Tech -They have damaged brands- Look at what happened with JetSmarter and The Verge that was a result of their lifestyle and travel team for offering fake agreements to journalist -They lie to clients

Advice to Management

Think about your team, you can give them perks but are a joke in the industry You butter up clients and make them sign on unwilling by auto renewal and growth

5W Public Relations2018-07-25

July 30, 2018Chief HR Officer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience here at the agency. I am very sorry to hear that it was not a positive experience. However, if you are going to post a review, I suggest you make sure your information is accurate. If you really worked at 5W, ...

• "A company that will really teach you the ins and outs of PR and cares about your growth"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Senior management takes an active role to ensure that you learn and grow within your position - Great team bonding activities, team outings, etc. - A place where you can work and build both strong professional relationships, and friendships

Cons

- Not as much 'work from home' flexibility, strict 9a-6p hours

5W Public Relations2018-05-22

"Great place to learn and grow!"

Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I built my career at this award-winning agency and have been so fortunate to work with some of the smartest, creative and driven individuals day in and day out. 5W continues to harness a great roster of clients, bringing in a wealth of both innovative and established brands year after year. You're never bored with such an eclectic range of brands to work with or pull ideas from! Clients and staff stick around more than...

Cons

- no work from home policy -Need more holiday vacation time

Advice to Management

Continue to reward and acknowledge your staff’s accomplishments, it truly goes a long way!

5W Public Relations2018-05-18

May 25, 2018Chief HR Officer

I appreciate hearing from our long-term employees. It makes me proud to be part of this dynamic team at 5W. Thank you for your feedback, I will work on the policies. Angela

• "Great Company to Work For!"

I have been working at 5W Public Relations full-time

Pros

Great place to find opportunity to grow and succeed. Awesome employee perks including lunches, weekly barber service and monthly manicures. Excellent location in the iconic Helmsley Building on Park Avenue. Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

Not a place for anybody who isn't willing to put in time and work hard.

5W Public Relations2018-05-21

May 25, 2018Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your feedback, we do work hard, but I hope everyone has fun at the same time. Angela

Found 176 reviews