KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 250 of over 278 reviews

4.2
5W Public Relations President and CEO Ronn D. Torossian
Ronn D. Torossian
Pros
  • "Through hard work I've advanced my career rapidly here - with promotions every year since starting as an AC(in 20 reviews)

• "Great place to develop your career if you are a hard worker and like to be challenged(in 16 reviews)

• Cons
  • "5W has a more corporate feel than most other PR firms(in 26 reviews)

• "There were even people who suggested making fake gmail profiles for pitching(in 16 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Room for growth is immense

Sep 17, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

The agency is growing very quickly, which gives people exposure to a variety of work and opportunity

Cons

Some people can't handle the fast pace

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Toxic Culture, Deceiving Workplace

Sep 21, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

- pay is fine and you do learn a lot (through being forced to deal with horrible scenarios)

Cons

- positive reviews are written by HR which is a great indicator of who 5W is - a company that promotes lies and deception to clients and employees alike and cars more about its rotting reputation than the work - i have never experienced worse leadership in my life, especially at a time where we were entering a global pandemic and great leaders were getting positive press all over the place - the work environment is extremely toxic and encourages gossip and slander, resulting in poor team dynamics - it was a neverending nightmare to deal with - senior management simply does not communicate to the team, resulting in embarrassing mishaps with clients, communication gaps, waste or time and resources, etc. - worst of all, 5W encourages harassing reporters and lying to clients. they even released a fake survey in the wake of COVID that was debunked by The Atlantic. -Not only is deception encouraged and woven into the fabric of client relations, 5W takes on clients that oppose human rights and overall humanity, including companies that contribute to a racist privatized prison system. this is not ok.

3. The latest conversations about Advertising

4. 5.0

Great Place to Work and Grow as a PR Professional

May 20, 2021 - Account Coordinator in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

During my time at 5W, I have had the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the brightest players in this field. Although my experience has been entirely remote, the team makes it a priority to communicate constantly and recognize and celebrate hard work. In addition, I always feel supported and set up for success by my team members. Account Coordinators at 5W PR are truly the "back bone" of the team, as we are given the chance to touch on various aspects of client work including media monitoring, creating client-facing documents, developing and maintaining relationships with reporters and developing proactive pitch angles. At 5W PR, I have grown tremendously in my role in a short time and feel very fortunate to work with such great people.

Cons

If you want to succeed at 5W, or really any PR agency for that matter, you have to be a self-starter, able to work well in a fast-paced and at times a stressful environment. Although the job can feel overwhelming, at the end of the day, this is PR not the ER!

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to grow

Sep 13, 2021 - Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive teams and management styles overall

Cons

Workload can become very heavy

6. 5.0

Endless Growth Potential

May 21, 2021 - Assistant Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my experience at 5WPR, team members from AEs to VPs support you in every way they can. Not only do colleagues guide you, but they also trust you to execute. 5WPR's entrepreneurial environment is a constant motivator and the people are incredibly inspiring and real. Senior staff always recognize hard work and make you feel welcome. Thus far, I have grown professionally and personally from the people and clients at 5WPR and have seen with hard work and time, growth is endless here.

Cons

I look forward to being in the office, aside from virtual, no cons.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Such A Fun, Welcoming Work Place

Jun 16, 2021 - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'll tell you one thing, It's definitely tough to create a homey/friendly environment while working from home but 5W has truly done an amazing job. Hiring in the middle of a pandemic is not easy but they have showing nothing but kindness and willingness to help everyone. Love!

Cons

None :) so far so good!

Chief HR Officer

Thank you for your review and positive feedback. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time at 5W.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Ok place to work

Jul 29, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

5wpr offers really great salary, great benefits and perks. The agency also has some awesome clients to work with. you'll gain a lot of experience here

Cons

a lot of demanding tasks, but that's the public relations industry as a whole. its a great experience here, but be prepared to work late hours almost every night

9. 5.0

The best of the best

May 4, 2021 - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started working with 5W as a freelancer and after a few months was offered a full-time position. As someone who is passionate about PR, I can truly say 5W is the best of the best. My team is great, they have made the WFH process to be seamless, and every person whom I've been in touch with has always been extremely gracious.

Cons

no cons! can't wait to hopefully be back in the office soon!

Chief HR Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are excited your time at 5W has be great and we look forward to your continued success.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Great Place To Work

May 20, 2021 - Account Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone works hard and is so driven! Teams value collaboration, there's a lot of ability to grow/move up within the company, teams are all so close-knit and feel like family, and fun team bonding activities throughout the year!

Cons

Work load can sometimes get overwhelming (which can be a lot for some people or an exciting challenge for others, but either way everyone is always there to offer support to each other!).

11. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do Yourself a Favor and Listen to the Negative Reviews

Jun 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Literally not a single one.

Cons

Everything. Every day was a different iteration of my worst nightmare.

6 people found this review helpful

Chief HR Officer

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. I am sorry your experience at 5W wasn't what you expected, but If you recall, I reached out several times to discuss your concerns and you never followed up with me. We wish you all the best and know you will be very successful in your next endeavor.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 250 Reviews