6 Day Dental & Orthodontics Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Nope in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Nope in Allen, TX

I have been working at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics full-time

Pros

With a beautiful finished office it's easy to enjoy full time hours and friendly coWorkers. The work environment is steady yet playful and this office is all about educating the of and putting people first!!

Cons

Equipment could be upgraded, technology coukd work better! Other than that this office is a well oiled machine!!!

Advice to Management

Great job team!!!

2. "Not much of a professional place as I thought would be."

Former Employee - Orthodontist Assistant in Flower Mound, TX
    Former Employee - Orthodontist Assistant in Flower Mound, TX

I worked at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are looking to work part-time this is the place for you. Flower Mound open Monday-Wednesday from 7:30-5:00. Which is a heck of a drive in the morning for me. If you like to work with one doctor and one leading assistant. This is the place for you.

Cons

My daughter day care does not open until 6:30 than dropping her off takes awhile than heading on to the highway is TERRIBLE TERRIBLE traffic once you exit flower mound it's way way in there. I am always a few minutes late because of driving in the traffic area. They were not understanding. I tried.

They are not understandable. I have severe problem and family and have to ask off 3 times all for good reason. I have to stay overnight at the hospital until morning. I have an emotional break down and last was getting things done for them and preparing for my license paper which apparently they don't understand I am doing it for them so it can be set because they keep wondering about it.

When it is slow they send you home early but I only work 3x out of the week....

Pay rate was LOW

Employees and Doctor are rude at times and very commanding and always bitter at each other.

Training was not much of training because when they do get busy they can't train and when it's slow they are cutting models and not really Train. Like I said before there is only a doctor and a assistant.

They judge you and believe in someone they don't know.. I ended up just staying quiet because want to get out of the terrible place full of negative and there was this big eye lady who I have no idea who she is trying to get into the convo. All I wanted to say is we must have a miscommunication.

Manager acts nice at first but don't get full shes not the most understandable person as well and she hardly in the office I only seen her 3 times out of the month.

All other employees are nice.

Advice to Management

You need to be more understandable as well as present and reliable at the office. You need to communicate more to your employers instead of acting your higher than everyone. You need to help out when you see someone need help. You need to built more patient and built built built because you are not where you at. You need to pay more. You need to stop sending people home early.

3. "The PM role is far less about operations management and patient care, and more heavily weighted towards sales."

Former Employee - Practice Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Practice Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

5 day work week, but with flexible schedules, company is willing to compensate for responsibility additions- not much of a formalized pay scale so alot of ability to reward for work being done

Cons

Work weekends, sales at all costs, lots of girls hired and geared towards "looking good" in hiring process, CEO often comes in and comments on peoples' appearances and advises PM to counsel on it, very production focused, which causes issues in caring for the patients

4. "I've worked full time for over a year and love it!!"

Current Employee - Practice Manager in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Practice Manager in Allen, TX

I have been working at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company with competitive pay and benefits. We have an active presence in the community. 6 Day offers a team oriented work environment & fun atmosphere. Management is always available to listen to new ideas and suggestions. Our employees tend to stay long term and make a career at 6 Day Dental.

Cons

I don't really don't have any negative opinions about the company.

Advice to Management

I really like Dr Bond's open door policy and hands on approach.

5. "I have been a full time employee for almost 4 years at 6 Day Dental."

Current Employee - TPC Coordinator in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - TPC Coordinator in Allen, TX

I have been working at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love 6 Day and all it stands for. I think of 6 Day as a second home and everyone I work with as my extended family. I find everyone that works here has great values, and great ethics. I love my position because I get to work very closely with our patients and make sure they receive Total Patient Care.

Cons

I do drive an hour to get back and forth to work every day but I choose to do it because 6 Day Dental is such an awesome place to work and couldn't see myself working anywhere else.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to keep up the great work!!

6. "Employment review."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Allen, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Allen, TX

I have been working at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love my position at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics. I work on the marketing team and I get to interact with a number of people within the office, as well as, outside of the office. There is a real team-oriented vibe here and everyone makes you feel like you are a member of the family!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about my position or working with this company. They are flexible and I am allowed to have creative freedom over my work.

Advice to Management

My best advice would be to keep the open communication going. There is already a system that works great and I would love to see this continue.

"Patient Concierge"

I have been working at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The ability to change our patients negative perceptions associated with going to the dentist. Working to educate our patients and while creating a long trusting lasting relationship. In addition, I have been given the opportunity to work closely with many staff members in an upbeat environment.

Cons

I have nothing negative to write about 6 Day, mistakes are inevitable. Our culture allows for our mistakes to be brought out and resolved without insult.

Advice to Management

We appreciate your consistent positive feedback and recognition.
    Keep up the MolarMania Pizzaz !

8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job and the people I work with

Cons

nothing bad to say about my job

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

9. "One Stop Total Dental Care in One Place...WOW"

Current Employee - Accounting
    Current Employee - Accounting

I have been working at 6 Day Dental & Orthodontics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are super nice and offer great service! I can get an appointment on Saturdays and even late afternoons. I simply love 6 Day Dental....6 DAY DENTAL ROCKS!!

Cons

The day is so short. TImes flies by while working here.