6sense Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
6sense Chief Executive Officer Jason Zintak
Jason Zintak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Was great a year ago, and only getting better!"

I have been working at 6sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Phenomenal team from Exeucutives to Individual Contributors
    2. Collaborative, fun culture
    3. Best in Class products
    4. 6sense services the burgeoning ABM market. Marketing is increasing their allocation of budget toward ABM tech and programs.

Cons

Office space in SF isn't fitting for this great a company but that is temporary.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Couldn't have asked for better!"

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team -- incredibly hard-working, intelligent, warm & welcoming since day one. We know how to buckle down during crunch time, and how to celebrate our wins as a family. Since I've started, it's been a steady flow of huge achievements, and this just goes to show that the company has a commitment to its large scale vision, and that we're going places. Can't wait to see what's next, and be a part of this tremendous upward trajectory!

Cons

Honestly -- can't think of any, the normal start-up struggle. The constant activity is something I see as a positive - something's always going on and everyone wears multiple hats (excuse the cliche) to do their part and more. I find this to be inspiring, as it motivates me to work even harder.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Couldn't be more excited about working at 6sense"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

THE TEAM: above all, the 6sense team is incredible - such a smart, talented, hungry, driven, capable, impressive group of people. I'm honored to be a part of it!

THE SOLUTION: we are taking the B2B account-based marketing world by storm and we are NOT stopping anytime soon! Our solution is next level and driving huge success at massive enterprises. I truly believe in what we do, making it so much fun to present and sell

THE LEADERSHIP: If the 6sense leadership team tells me to jump, I ask how high. It's a group of people I trust incessantly and know they will continue to build on our amazing team and product

Cons

It would be wonderful to have a pristine office with a world of amenities, but that's not quite the case...yet :) Like any start up, we all wear multiple hats, it's fast paced, high stress, but very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people with integrity, an indestructible moral compass and sense of humor!

"2 years at 6sense and still loving it"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, getting better every day. Internal culture that is a mix of family style interaction and self driven attitudes. Flashy new CEO and sales team to drive quick expansion. Mid of a shifting of focus for the company to a new bigger goal. We got Premal as VP. It is an exciting moment to be at 6sense as the growth we were preparing for is finally arrived and everyone is feeling it. The company is very transparent about everything, and i really mean everything! There is a lot of enthusiasm in sharing information across the different parts of the organization, as every part of the company has so many success stories to share. We have meetings between orgs to make sure everyone knows about the new exciting developments.

Now some specifics on the engineering team. The team has a good balance of very experienced engs and newer engineers full of energy and self drive. The team has weekly sprint standup to show off progress and depending on the team there are other standups during the week. Our CTO and VP are simply excellent and they are very direct in their communication when things are good and when they are not. The engineer team has very little structure which is good for a young company. We do not have free lunches every day :(, but i tend to prepare lunch many days a week and that is available to anyone that wants it. It is served on a first come first served basis, so you gotta be fast otherwise people goes for second rounds and the food is gone.

We do have an informal tiki bar in the basement, where we occasionally throw karaoke parties.

In general if you like the work hard party hard lifestyle, this place might be a match. If you are a person that needs to be at a company that gives you a feeling of empowerment in your day to day work, this is not the place for you, as here there is not time work on feelings, you are simply empowered and trusted to deliver and push yourself to excellence.

Cons

Growth challanges means a lot of work and a lot of personal responsabilily which sometimes feel overwhelming. Even though the eng team is pretty small (sub 20) it moves very fast and it is hard to stay up to date as things change very quickly. Are these really cons? not sure, they are more like challenges. Adding new talent in the eng team is slow as we keep a high hiring bar, and hiring is simply beyond competitive in the bay area.

Advice to Management

keep pushing forward!

"Fast paced start-up with the product and team in place to execute on our vision"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture where everyone is willing to roll-up their sleeves to get things done. Best transparency I've ever experienced at a company from both Leadership and Product... everyone is aligned on our strategy and roadmap so each team understands their role and how they contribute to the overall trajectory of the company.

Cons

What you should expect from a company this size around limited resources and formal processes

Advice to Management

Continue to hire hungry, talented and team oriented people so we preserve the culture as we experience hyper growth

"Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is unique and invigorating.
    All employees are very professional and exhibit a strong work ethic.
    Very strong team dynamic from top to bottom.

Cons

There are no cons I

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Amazing company"

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team is a rare combination of brilliant, passionate, humble and fun. The products are world-class, and so are the engineering and product teams. Also, the product roadmap is exciting. The company has fantastic momentum and great 3rd party validation (see the 2017 Forrester Wave for Predictive Marketing Analytics and their back-channel reference checks on client ROI and satisfaction). Energy levels are high, people are incredibly busy.

Cons

As mentioned in the Pros above, everyone is incredibly busy and we are pushing to implement processes, tools and infrastructure that will help us scale. This is common for early stage startups.

"Great product, great people, great place to work"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Product: The product is solid and has clear differentiation from the competition, which was validated by Forrester in their recent wave. The product team and engineers are all very, very experienced and I'm impressed with how they continue to push out new features and product enhancements.

Leadership: There have been a few new leaders that have joined the company to compliment the leaders that were already here. I will say that the caliber of leadership that has been brought in and the existing leadership is very, very strong and is setting the course to take 6sense to the next level. A number of the new leaders have held C-Level positions at other tech companies and have been successful in growing them from small startups to large enterprises with successful exits. They are also culture people, a lot of fun to be around, very passionate and care deeply about their employees and success of customers.

Culture/People: Culture is huge for a small, high growth company and 6sense. The team hangs out together and works late together. Some of the most enjoyable memories are when you're working late into the night on a project and the various teams come together in the common area to work together and talk about what it is that their doing. The leadership has made a point to build a culture based on Fun, Accountability, Mindfulness, Integrity, Love, Yes, and...

Cons

Busting at the seams a bit with the office space, which makes it somewhat noisy at times.

Advice to Management

The bi-weekly all-hands are great for us all to get together and understand how we are tracking towards our goals in each department. The transparency is great so please keep this going.

Keep hiring, keep building, keep growing the momentum!

"Sales"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Boston, MA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Passionate team, market leading product, and an exciting roadmap ahead. 6sense has been incredible so far for me. I love it here.

Cons

Everyone is incredibly busy, which isn't terrible, but in order to be successful we need keep hiring the right talent and scale.

Advice to Management

Love the new focus, and the passion from your team. Keep up the work!

"Amazing tech, world class team"

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

6sense is known in the space for having had the best technology for a while (amazing engineering and data science team), and the momentum seems to be building pretty rapidly. Forrester wave leader position, a host of new products, an exciting roadmap. What's also great is an entirely new go-to-market team. New CEO is great at driving the strategy, we've got new blood across sales, marketing and customer support, all with great track records. It feels like all of the pieces are together to make this into an important next-generation marketing technology company. Fun to be along for the ride!

Cons

Not sure if this is a con, but it's not for everybody - we're small and scrappy, so you have to roll up your sleeves, be entrepreneurial, and make it work. If you're used to and dependent on a massive army of supporting teams, processes, assets, etc, it's probably not the right fit.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus - there's lots of directions we can go in to be successful, let's knock them down one at a time.