6sense Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
6sense Chief Executive Officer Jason Zintak
Jason Zintak

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Highly challenging and highly enjoyable"

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A highly driven and highly intelligent team across Sales, Marketing, and Product, each of which also somehow manages to be kind and enthusiastic about one another. This combination of curiosity, ambition and team camaraderie translates to a very strong team culture.

Cons

Like any high growth organization, you have to be comfortable pushing boundaries and thinking outside the box. This can, understandably, be intellectually exhausting on some days... but oh so worth it to know you're having an impact.

2. "Customer Success"

I have been working at 6sense full-time

Pros

Inspiring, supportive, and hard working people. Strategic, powerful product. Lots of growth opportunities.

Cons

Expect longer hours than similar roles at more established firms, but the work is more inspiring and fulfilling. It's no different than any other start up in this respect.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people!

"Two Years in and Never a Dull Moment"

Current Employee - Tech Team Member in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Tech Team Member in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I recently hit a two-year anniversary at 6sense and feel that it’s finally time to share a review. I’m a member of the Tech-team.

A lot has happened in the last two years. The team has doubled in size (though we still have that startup feel!), we’ve had a few big executive changes, acquired another small startup, and have had many amazing product revisions.

To stay brief, I’ll quickly share a few highlights of why 6sense has been a great environment for me:

People/Culture: I know it’s cliche to state that the people at your company are amazing and that they are one of the best parts of the job, but I truly feel this way here.

This team motivates me to work harder and better. It’s an incredibly talented organization filled with bright people. But more importantly, everyone here really cares about each other. The start-up family feel exists here. And this translates to many other cultural acceptances. Your kid got sick at school? Go home and take care of him. Your younger sister is getting married across the country? Get over there a few days early and help the family get the last minute details finished. Nobody here is counting days off. The team trusts that you are getting your work done.

Leadership / Growth: Our leadership team is very experienced and our org structure is very flat. The leadership team is not closed-off or intimidating. They are sitting in the desks right next to us. They’re there to white board data pipelines and visualizations with us. They’ll travel to some customer and prospect on-sites with us. Because of this we all receive incredibly valuable feedback and insights from them which is very important for personal and professional growth.

Product: Obviously I’m a little biased since I work here, but I do think that the product the team has built here is in the top of this space. The speed that this team can onboard a customer successfully, the insights that we can provide immediately, and the impact that we’ve made on many sales and marketing teams show that our product works. Very grateful that value is being derived from all of our hard work and very proud of the product the team has built.

Cons

This is a startup and we definitely face some of the “struggles” that you see at a small, fast-paced company.

We all work a lot, 40 hours a week doesn’t happen here. Big release happening next week and there are still product bugs? Your probably spending a few later nights during the week or on Sunday trying to smash them out. Good news is that you can do this from the comfort of your own couch or if at the office, you have other team members grinding through it with you. We’re constantly trying to develop an even better product and this comes with continued hard work. This company does not rest on its laurels.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, make sure to keep the different organizations close. The fact that the tech, customer success, and sales teams work so closely and feel so comfortable with each other is rare and it’s definitely an advantage that this company has.

"6sense people + product + customers = recipe for success!"

I have been working at 6sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are amazing to work alongside. The team that 6sense has built over the past few years is incredible to work with and everyone is willing to lend a hand across any department. When there is a problem it is 'all hands on dec' to troubleshoot and fix...and the Execs are not scared to get their hands dirty! From leadership down to individual contributors, everyone has a voice and is willing to do what is necessary to help deliver (specifically when it comes to making our customers successful).
    The product is best in class. With an incredible product and engineering team at work, this team ships incredible updates on a regular basis. The team always listens to customer and market feedback and incorporates this into product releases and roadmap.
    The customers we get to interact with on a daily basis are some of the best and brightest. Working at 6sense I've had the pleasure of meeting with a number of prospects and customers across selling & marketing roles who truly inspire. At 6sense we put our customers ahead of all and it is a core tenant of our values.
    Overall, I've loved my time at 6sense and hope to be here for the long haul!

Cons

The office space has gotten a little cramped as we continue to grow...hoping we upgrade here soon!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Promising Opportunity"

I have been working at 6sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Impressive product, which drives tangible results for customers
    Strong leadership team
    Fun and friendly culture
    Organization is well thought out and executed, unlike other start ups
    Executives actively engage with prospects and customers
    Investing in strategic growth and enabling employees to succeed
    Great benefits and brand new machines for each employee
    Full kitchen and snacks/food in the office

Cons

Several competitors in the space

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and your product

"Couldn't have asked for better!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team -- incredibly hard-working, intelligent, warm & welcoming since day one. We know how to buckle down during crunch time, and how to celebrate our wins as a family. Since I've started, it's been a steady flow of huge achievements, and this just goes to show that the company has a commitment to its large scale vision, and that we're going places. Can't wait to see what's next, and be a part of this tremendous upward trajectory!

Cons

Honestly -- can't think of any, the normal start-up struggle. The constant activity is something I see as a positive - something's always going on and everyone wears multiple hats (excuse the cliche) to do their part and more. I find this to be inspiring, as it motivates me to work even harder.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Couldn't be more excited about working at 6sense"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

THE TEAM: above all, the 6sense team is incredible - such a smart, talented, hungry, driven, capable, impressive group of people. I'm honored to be a part of it!

THE SOLUTION: we are taking the B2B account-based marketing world by storm and we are NOT stopping anytime soon! Our solution is next level and driving huge success at massive enterprises. I truly believe in what we do, making it so much fun to present and sell

THE LEADERSHIP: If the 6sense leadership team tells me to jump, I ask how high. It's a group of people I trust incessantly and know they will continue to build on our amazing team and product

Cons

It would be wonderful to have a pristine office with a world of amenities, but that's not quite the case...yet :) Like any start up, we all wear multiple hats, it's fast paced, high stress, but very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire people with integrity, an indestructible moral compass and sense of humor!

"2 years at 6sense and still loving it"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product, getting better every day. Internal culture that is a mix of family style interaction and self driven attitudes. Flashy new CEO and sales team to drive quick expansion. Mid of a shifting of focus for the company to a new bigger goal. We got Premal as VP. It is an exciting moment to be at 6sense as the growth we were preparing for is finally arrived and everyone is feeling it. The company is very transparent about everything, and i really mean everything! There is a lot of enthusiasm in sharing information across the different parts of the organization, as every part of the company has so many success stories to share. We have meetings between orgs to make sure everyone knows about the new exciting developments.

Now some specifics on the engineering team. The team has a good balance of very experienced engs and newer engineers full of energy and self drive. The team has weekly sprint standup to show off progress and depending on the team there are other standups during the week. Our CTO and VP are simply excellent and they are very direct in their communication when things are good and when they are not. The engineer team has very little structure which is good for a young company. We do not have free lunches every day :(, but i tend to prepare lunch many days a week and that is available to anyone that wants it. It is served on a first come first served basis, so you gotta be fast otherwise people goes for second rounds and the food is gone.

We do have an informal tiki bar in the basement, where we occasionally throw karaoke parties.

In general if you like the work hard party hard lifestyle, this place might be a match. If you are a person that needs to be at a company that gives you a feeling of empowerment in your day to day work, this is not the place for you, as here there is not time work on feelings, you are simply empowered and trusted to deliver and push yourself to excellence.

Cons

Growth challanges means a lot of work and a lot of personal responsabilily which sometimes feel overwhelming. Even though the eng team is pretty small (sub 20) it moves very fast and it is hard to stay up to date as things change very quickly. Are these really cons? not sure, they are more like challenges. Adding new talent in the eng team is slow as we keep a high hiring bar, and hiring is simply beyond competitive in the bay area.

Advice to Management

keep pushing forward!

"Fast paced start-up with the product and team in place to execute on our vision"

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture where everyone is willing to roll-up their sleeves to get things done. Best transparency I've ever experienced at a company from both Leadership and Product... everyone is aligned on our strategy and roadmap so each team understands their role and how they contribute to the overall trajectory of the company.

Cons

What you should expect from a company this size around limited resources and formal processes

Advice to Management

Continue to hire hungry, talented and team oriented people so we preserve the culture as we experience hyper growth

"Business Development Representative"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at 6sense full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is unique and invigorating.
    All employees are very professional and exhibit a strong work ethic.
    Very strong team dynamic from top to bottom.

Cons

There are no cons I

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!