Cover image for 6sense

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "I have heard more layoffs are possible which means my job could still be at risk.(in 10 reviews)
  • "No work life balance(in 9 reviews)
  • "They spend money on Breakthrough event and apparently they don't have money to keep PPL they hired and layoff.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Company!

Nov 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great leadership, great vision for the future!

Cons

N/A. Continuing to provide career advancement opportunities

2. 2.0

The hard truth.

Nov 22, 2022 - Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, best product of their industry

Cons

This company used to feel like a one in a million environment. Although I never agreed with the whole “family” culture, they did used to prioritize the good of the employee more. You actually had support to lean on. - Now, everything is kept top secret, no communication, or being led one way, only for it to change. - Everyone is overworked and shut off, making it more challenging to work with different teams. This has pushed out some of the best talent at the company. - There’s no diversity, nor is there a focus to increase diversity within the company (ex. minorities, low income communities, LGBTQ, college students). The only focus for diversity is increasing women and military employees. - The boundaries of work/life do not exist. Either super early or super late meetings every week, or direct calls on your cellphone at random times (during working hours). - Last minute meeting cancellations or schedules. - There have been leadership changes company-wide that have effected the overall feel of different teams. This isn’t the company we knew a year ago. Definitely doesn’t feel any different from a standard tech company anymore. Plus, everyone’s walking on eggshells out of risk of losing their jobs. Because although we were told no more layoffs, people continue to get cut. Used to be “the best stop along your career”, but not anymore.

3. Join the 6sense team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Bait and Switch with layoffs

Oct 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay can be pretty good but it’s only to get you in the door.

Cons

Communication in the company is atrocious. When massive layoffs (200 out of 1400 people) happened on 10/12/22, managers apparently weren’t even informed they were losing team members. Support staff were just gone and the teams they supported had no idea. Lots of tit-for-tat partnerships, even if the product or service isn’t the best fit (example - the CMO’s husband has a company that we are forced to use for one of our knowledge databases). I have heard more layoffs are possible which means my job could still be at risk. Meanwhile, we were told multiple times in the months leading up to layoffs that layoffs were NOT happening. Afterward, the CEO came on a company call to cry about how sad he was that they made a mistake of over hiring and had to let people go for the sake of the business (of course chat was turned off and they refused to answer any of our questions). Also, hiring/onboarding/training is particularly lacking and it only gets worse once you’re hired. Look elsewhere for a job…this company is in turmoil and seems to be using high Glassdoor rating to bamboozle people into working here and then expecting them to do jobs they didn’t sign on for.

10 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Apply elsewhere. Run far, far away from this place

Oct 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I got to work with some kind, intelligent and hard-working people -- many of whom who were also laid off.

Cons

Poor transparency and communication: mass layoffs just occurred but under the guise of "restructuring." Prior to this, the executive team was asked point-blank if layoffs were coming, and they said "of course, not! We take the 6sense FAMILY very seriously etc. etc." In fact, the theme at the 6sense customer conference (Breakthrough, which happened the week before layoffs) was "proceed with confidence." Hilarious right? Lastly, they had the budget for that conference to hire Travis Barker + his Kardashian wife to make an appearance, but not retain employees. If that doesn't speak to priorities, I'm not sure what does. Honestly, do not trust this company, or a word they say. That was my mistake. Speaking of priorities, none of the executive leadership team has taken a pay cut. Much easier to layoff employees instead -- regardless if they're expecting, had tenure, weren't the highest paid on their teams, or were strong performers. Related to the above, it's still unclear how the criteria for laid off employees were chosen. In fact, many managers/directors had no idea layoffs were coming, and were not consulted on individual performances prior to the decisions being bade. In looking at the employees who were laid off, a majority of these individuals were of color -- this may have not been intentional, but it shows that at the very least, they weren't even thinking about how it looked/who it affected.

15 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A really fun, high-energy place to work where I feel my contribution is appreciated

Nov 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience at 6sense has been very positive. Most of the people I work closely with are incredibly talented, motivated and kind and are here because of the company culture and the fun, fast-paced energy of the company as a whole. Even given the recent economic downturn and the challenges that come with that, I have been impressed with the way leadership sticks with their commitment to being transparent and equitable. I feel appreciated and supported and love that there is lots of opportunity for creativity.

Cons

Communication across the different teams can be a bit challenging, mostly due to the sheer size of the company.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Where’s the culture going?

Nov 20, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty decent product. Some smart and supportive coworkers within the mix.

Cons

The marketing team is slowly losing its culture. When trying to cross collaborate, most teams greet you with annoyance or simply just not wanting to help or support. Our marketing all hands are so few and far between now that no one truly knows what everyone is working on. Leadership presence has decreased and when present, it unfortunately like just pushing numbers and unpredictable asks vs building a collaborative team guided with empathy.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Do you have the will to win?

Oct 16, 2022 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best product market fit out there, with a talented R&D team listening to customers. Marketing is top notch, and spends to make our experiential events a game changer. Strong leadership, have done it before and built a solid moat. Sales Org is run incredibly tight, with very hands on process. Peers are genuine, no bs.

Cons

Probably over hired in sales a bit, territories getting smaller tough when starting out. Alot of enablement, there is a lot to learn. Prep and coordination among team can be demanding, it’s literally all on you.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Leader in Employee AND Customer First mindset !

Oct 17, 2022 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hardworking team, everyone willing and able to help other internal teams out. Customer success function continues to be best in the business with many contributions and ideas coming from CSMs themselves and what customers need to be successful. Employee and Customer first mindset Team is smart, hardworking, good people High opportunity for personal growth, many leaders were promoted from within.

Cons

A lot to learn and know with recent acquisitions, but also a positive bc always learning new use cases/product.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great spot and even in a tough economy

Oct 23, 2022 - Finance
    Business Outlook

Pros

We are a category leader in multiple categories making it a much better place to be than where some of my friends are working. I also like that we have an office I can go to but it is not required. Another pro is that our customers see great results, which helps a ton when the stock market is nose diving.

Cons

Competitors are seemingly increasingly desperate and doing bad stuff.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Get ready for the best stop in your career!

Nov 3, 2022 - Executive Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open door policy with much of the management team. Executives that listen to their teams. FAMILY Values

Cons

None, that I can think of.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 278 Reviews
</>Embed

6sense Reviews FAQs

6sense has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 280 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at 6sense to a friend and 86% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 6sense employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 6sense. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

87% of 6sense employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 6sense 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 6sense to be benefits, career development, senior leadership and the cons to be work life balance .

Popular Careers with 6sense Job Seekers