7 Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Casey Cavender

1. "Worth it!!!"

Pros

I love the company! The atmosphere, the team, and even the CEO is being a great mentor for me in my career. They are helping me develop to lead and run a business, as well as bettering me personally. They really care for your success and unselfishly give you the tools for success. One of the best parts too is that they are flexible with scheduling, so you still have a life. Amazing place thus far!

Cons

I don't really see or feel anything negative here. And I doubt that I even will. They really do care for each person, your not just another number to them. Which is rare.

2. "Amazing start to my career!"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX

Pros

I am a recent graduate and I found Seven Marketing back in March. I was immediately attracted to the leadership development program that is offered. I love that it is based on me and the results that I accomplish vs having to wait for years to get the opportunity to move up. So far I have been given the opportunity to do the day to day sales for the company (which we have 2 amazing clients) train 4 other reps, and I am now starting to learn how to recruit. It's awesome to think they are allowing me to do this within the first two months of me being here. On top of that we are coached by an amazing mentor who not only educates us in sales, business, team building etc, but also in life. Casey is very passionate about the people who are in the office and it shows daily not only from him but in the way the team responds. Not many place's that I interviewed at where the CEO is will to do anything that he ask of you and then actually goes out and does it. Looking forward to the future!!

Cons

Not any that I have found thus far. I keep thinking that it's almost to good to be true but I have not found anything yet. I did read the reviews before I came in for the interview and I was a bit worried, however you can tell that most of the negative reviews are just spiteful. Yes we are challenged daily, yes it can be tough, yes I knew exactly what I was going to be doing daily before I accepted the position, yes Casey is an amazing boss, yes you should come in and give it a shot for yourself to see if it is the right fit!

Look at Disney World their reviews show a bad rating and they are the "happiest place on earth" does it really mean that you are not going to go or take your kids?

Advice to Management

Keep on Rocking!

"Door to Door sales."

Former Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Corporate Trainer in Dallas, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership skills. Learning to comfortable being uncomfortable.

Cons

Pay. It is Commission Only. Working long hours 6 days a week.

"Field Account Representative"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of networking while in the field.

Cons

Totally commissioned base pay, no benefits. The work isn't hard but it requires a lot of motivation. I

"Great way to gain experience!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Like many graduates, I did not chose to pursue the major I had intended in school. However, this company has allowed me to gain valuable experience in areas including sales, training, recruiting/interviewing, and team management/development. I had left the business to pursue something else, but the skills that I have gained from being at Seven Marketing has allowed me to further my career and impress prospect employers. They were very impressed with what I had to offer, and I am certain that I could not have done it without the great training and mentorship I received from the management team at Seven Marketing.

Cons

The hours are long, but then again, I don't know a lot of CEOs or top Execs who work the minimum 40hrs/week anymore.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Great leadership and people, compensation based on commission"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time

Pros

Positive work environment with great people to work with. Everyone is like a big family and I always felt welcome when I walked in the door. Casey is an amazing boss and can find the positives in the most negative situations and turn the mood around. Great bonuses if you bust your behind and fun travel opportunities.

Cons

Not a normal 9-5 work day. Odd hours and you have to work weekends and some holidays. Compensation is based on your performance and can some times be inconsistent. Work/life balance is mediocre. No compensation for gas and the benefits are basically non-existent.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positivity and encouragement but throw a bone to your employees with a base pay or some benefits...they work hard and they are worth it!

"A little skeptical.."

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at 7 Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Representing a Fortune 500 Client in the Telecom Industry...seems stable.

Cons

He never asked me any questions.

Advice to Management

Stand by for advice to management.... TBC

"An amazing experience that has infused me with a hard work ethic, a passion for team building, and a desire succeed."

Former Employee - Senior Corporate Sales Trainer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Corporate Sales Trainer in Dallas, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers: Everyone is out to help everyone; either through training or mentoring.
    Corporate culture: Drama free, high energy with open lines of communication.
    Job: Meet a lot of wonderful and memorable people.
    Pay: Some of the bonuses are pretty amazing.
    Work hours: Work hours are slightly off regular hours so I never fought traffic.

Cons

Meetings: Some of the management meetings I've heard before.
    Learning Curve: Some people process the information slowly but this does teach patience.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

7 Marketing Group Response

Apr 3, 2014 – President

Thank you for the review. We are excited to have been able to add value to you as both a person and a professional! Take what you have learned and build upon that even further with your passions.

"Great career opportunities!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at 7 Marketing Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the reasons I came to work at 7 Marketing is the people, and the atmosphere. They are like my home away from home. I moved from Virginia to Texas with my college sweetheart and felt welcome in the company from the day I started like a family away from my own. The duties are challenging the pay is good and I can advance as far as I want to take it given I put the work in, I love it.

Cons

The only con I can find thus far is I had to come all the way to Texas to find a career like this. But then again it wasn't the only reason I came so I guess I am lucky to have been here!

"Not ideal by any stretch...but not a hell-hole either"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at 7 Marketing Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Advancement opportunities. Casey's gonna be successful at whatever he does. His winning attitude is contagious.

Cons

Way too many chiefs...not enough Indians. Too many people not hitting goal. Unqualified leaders.

Advice to Management

Be clearer about the hours, pay, and reasonable expectations for success. Delegate only a few to train. Being trained by the whole group can be confusing and demoralizing. Sales is a lot about confidence. Don't wanna destroy that with too many sources of criticism/feedback. There's a difference between good coaches and star players. They're not always interchangeable.