7 for All Mankind Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Eric C. Wiseman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great employee discount (50% off) (in 12 reviews)

• Free jeans every quarter :) And I was more than often satisfied with the discounts we received (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Blame is placed on the smallest person in the company bc upper management can't take responsibility for their own mistakes (in 15 reviews)

• Store Manager/district manager is the highest that I've seen most coworkers gain in the past 5 years that I was at the company (in 8 reviews)

1. "Visual Manager"

Former Employee - Visual Manager in Vernon, CA
    Former Employee - Visual Manager in Vernon, CA

I worked at 7 for All Mankind full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company had changed a lot since I worked there. The discount was great. The throughline from product development to production was really consistent.

Cons

Location. It was way out in Vernon which isn’t close to anything.

2. "STORE MANAGER"

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind full-time

Pros

Growing brand and great and on point production and quality is on point. The company is a family of 7 ForAllMan kind and Ella Moss. Trendy and on piont clothing and the work environment is great and truly very caring team and corporate is on hand with the Shop keepers each day to day to make sure All is trending truly to its Feel of “Softness” and growth. Massion statement is caring, growth, humble and united as one as whole company. Tittles are there for a reason, whoever we are all as one!

Cons

Heavy on operations duties, however it’s getting sorted out and cleaned up.

Advice to Management

Patients is key and if you love the brand and connect with it, you will do great. It’s a fast growing company and an amazing feel of and a great vibe each day. In today’s retail reality, it’s all about the experience that you provide to the client each day and connect. Splendid is simply an outstanding company to be apart of and the feel each day is so great, it does not feel like your going to work each day. A great stores director on hand and simply amazing DM’s. Be patient and want to learn and grow and you will do so great with Splendid and 7 For All Man kind.

3. "Great Retail Experience"

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind part-time

Pros

Collaborating with team members and clientele skills is developed and strengthened.

Cons

Hours can be spread out and holiday black out period is a downfall

"You need to fit the mold"

Pros

Gifting denim quarterly
    Bonus $$$ making month
    Bonus gift for making month
    Discount 50% off.
    Hourly- able to make overtime.

Cons

*They don't pay well.
    *Corporate speaks poorly of team members openly in stores (left bad taste in my mouth).
    *New District Managers must also manage sister brand Splendid so they know nothing of 7FAM or are finding it difficult to juggle.
    *if you're not in executives faces with energy as if you have 4 red bulls they will think poorly of you.
    *corporate leaders when visiting stores would not provide feedback to the team but to the DM. So as a manager you never knew how you were or what to correct until a week later.- I've never had that experience before. Usually managers tell you your strengths and opportunities to your face.
    *Racist? There are no African American staff in corporate except for the design department. No leadership is African American.

Advice to Management

Stop talking behind each other's backs in store when you think the team can't hear you. Say what you're thinking and what you need when you do visit a store. Hire more people of color outside of store level.

"Sloppy management and store procedures"

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind part-time

Pros

Free clothes every quarter
    Sometimes gifted items

Cons

Terrible management, will stress hire and bring in inadequate employees.

6. "Keyholder"

Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Dallas, TX

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product. Fun atmosphere. Great customers.

Cons

It is the worst company I have ever worked for. The DM's don't visit your stores regularly. The AC has been broken for 3+ months and the company will not pay for it to be fixed. On a good day, it's only 78° in the store. The company allowed us to purchase 2 very small fans that do absolutely nothing but blow hot air around. Can't hit goals when your air is out in TEXAS. We have several repeat customers and it is incredibly embarrassing when they ask you why the air still isn't fix from their previous visit months ago. They refuse to invest any money into store upkeep. There is absolutely no training or developmental processes in place. Not enough growth to move up. The bonus structure is awful. If you make plan you can get a retail item. You can get a retail item and cash bonus if you make your ungodly unattainable stretch goal. Making plan isn't important. The company only cares about your conversion and swing. You never get a shout out or positive feedback.

7. "Visual Merchandise Manager"

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at 7 for All Mankind full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Quality Product, great leaders, very inspiring campaigns and on trend.

Cons

Pay when being internally promoted

Advice to Management

My store Manager was the most influential person I've had as a leader in my career thus far. Some of the people working at corporate however professionalism I question.

8. "Wonderful!"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gifting, bonus program and a wonderful DM. I have been with the brand for 6 months and it just gets better. Very realistic and achievable goals, fun environment,

Cons

None at this time, continue to do the right thing. More product would be amazing in the smaller volume stores that are doing amazing so we can continue to grow!

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your people and the loyalty will be endless.

9. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at 7 for All Mankind part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working here. Amazing management that acknowledges and appreciates hard work. I always come in happy and leave happy by the end of my shift. I tend to meet sales goals since the product is always top notch making it easy to sell. It is also a plus they give us a free pair every quarter and if you make super bonus for the month plus a bit extra in the pay check. I like that corporate has been pushing a team type atmosphere instead of concentrating on individual goals. This mindset will result in higher sells for the future.

Cons

Lazy sales associates always asking me to fill in for them on my day off of work because they have a "migraine" or do not show up so I have to roll out of bed and fill in for them. Fire them please!

Advice to Management

I think to combat the issue of turnover is to have more communication between the sales associates and managers. The managers tend to talk to each other when an issue arises and forget to account for the other side of the story from the sales associates. I know we are more replaceable in a sense but managers/key holders can be in the wrong to at times. Basically, there should be more upward and downward communication within the workplace.

"7 For All Mankind"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at 7 for All Mankind part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gifted pieces, employee discount, store managers were usually cool

Cons

Upper management and corporate were a nightmare.