800Fund.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

Pros

I love working in the heart of the financial district with a great team. Great benefits and competitive salaries.

Cons

Never really want to leave the office since there is an in house chef and happy hours all included with working there.

"Love being part of 800fund.com...Great Place!"

Current Employee - Administration in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administration in New York, NY

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

800fund.com is all about family and independence. Everyone treats everyone else with respect, love, and understanding here. It's a super tight-knit company and never feels cliquey like other office environments I've been in. As long as you're productive and bettering yourself at this company, you have so much freedom from people standing over your shoulder. "Obviously not for everyone, but what sales job is." You get a base salary plus commission and not to mention bonuses which is pretty awesome. The cherry on top is the fact that they also provide breakfast and lunch daily. Which is a great deal when working in the financial district with how expensive everything is out here. Because it's a medium-sized company that is still growing, all of your input matters and is actually taken seriously. Management is great! So accommodating to us in every way. There's no need for guessing games here. The honesty, guidance and frankness from the partners' is not only motivating but also much appreciated. 800fund.com definitely encourages personal and professional growth and are not afraid to invest in their employees. While the freedom and benefits you get at 800fund.com can be amazing, it is also incredibly easy to take advantage of. I have seen people just start making up their own rules and doing things their own way without clearing it with management first. There has also been a handful that sadly come in for the free food and base salary but tend to slack off when they actually need to produce in order get a commission. Obviously this wasn't acceptable and they didn't stick around for very long. You've definitely gotta be careful not to take advantage or slack off.

Cons

Nothing negative to say. What really annoys me Is why a person feels compelled to slam a place because of there own personal egos.
    The truth behind "real people, real reviews" is that most interactions between employees and their employers and/or co-workers have much larger implications than ever expected - and sometimes as an angry ex-employee your only recourse is downing that company.
    It's more of a revenge thing than it is a review in my opinion. Sadly, some people get on here to "get even" with the establishment that gave them that opportunity to flourish and believed in them. Their contribution to the business was more then likely not up to par and which is more than likely why they are no longer employed with the company. C'mon, they serve you everything you need in order to establish yourself as a account executive on a silver platter. I don't care what anyone says...no other company will do that for you.

There is a tactful way of handling personal vendettas as opposed to trying to take down the whole place.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to keep hiring people that fit the company culture. 800fund.com is a really unique place. Everyone gets along really well and so many of us are friends outside of work and even want to hangout in the office after work.

""Real Person, Real Review"!!!"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Please don't believe everything you read. I say go and find out for yourselves. You are your best judge. Don't be mislead my ignorance. Let it be clear that I am not management, I am a current employee and no one asked, trained or paid me to do this. I am genuinely happy to be with this company and I'm utterly disgusted with the deceit being portrayed here. Glassdoor was created for both past and present employers/employees to state their opinions which we obviously know; hence, which is why I am posting. The statement about management placing fake reviews is is a complete joke. Truth is, every REAL positive review seems to add more fuel to this personal fire pit of lies created by this disgruntled individual. It's pathetic and obviously evident that the same person is attacking this company for personal reasons. It's funny that they posted on 3 consecutive days and stated "I am not mad, I have a job" on multiple posts in regards to the same issues. Now that's a FOOL. Sad that people will go so far to ruin a company's reputation. This certainly indicates personal retribution. Oddly, this angry anonymous individual mentions racism which to my eyes is clearly untrue. The owners are Caucasian/white and half of the sales floor is Hispanic and Black/African American. Umm, so yea..in what form are they racist? The only racism that's apparent is from this overly aggressive and belligerent individual who stated numerous times that it was a ghetto establishment. So are you referring to it in that sense because there aren't enough white people? Please stop your own racism. Evidently his or her point is tasteless and redundant in every aspect. Seems like this one has a lot of time on their hands to be posting from what seems to be every day and I'm sure another shall follow due to the bitterness they may ensue from the truth. Interesting enough was that they commented on a previous review that mentioned something of real people, real reviews and if you read this particular post and the others you'll more alike understand why this person decided to go off on a rampage in such a hostile manner. One who finds this much time clearly wants to bring them down. This is all high school drama, he said/she said nonsense. Even going as far as bashing our Christmas party which by the way was at an extravagant 5 star Restaurant with unlimited alcohol and delectable food.

Cons

Free food, should be appreciated by all. Work/play in the financial district is very expensive. Why not do the numbers and calculate how much they help you save a month on food alone. They don't have to do that! They don't owe you anything. I think it's a great perk. Don't ruin it for the ones who love it here. Apply your selfishness at your "job" as you've mentioned a few times.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work! Loyalty and dedication should be proven before all. Many are and have taken advantage of the generosity you endow.

"Love this place"

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy coming to work here every day. It is great. They give me free lunch and sometimes the dessert is good too.
     Days consist of meeting, calls, training, and office activities.
    Leadership has really done a great job of building a fun, competitive, hardworking office culture where everyone typically likes each other.

In-house chefs offer good meals, discounted parking, location, health insurance, company events

Cons

I put on several pounds as a result of their free meals and they have no music in the elevator

Advice to Management

Ask chefs to add more nutritional meals to menu

"Excellent team"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 800Fund.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comfortable location, good work environment.

Cons

Too much work, but it was interesting

Advice to Management

Good luck

"Great team, comfortable work environment"

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at 800Fund.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

George is the best boss ever

Cons

Always a great deal of work to sort out

Advice to Management

They know it all

"Never been happier"

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm making the most money I've ever made here...extremely happy...also having a baby and they have been the most supportive people and look forward to my future here

Cons

Could use more bonuses and incentives

Advice to Management

Need more motivational meetings from the owners...they are great!!

"Here work only good people"

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emploees are extremely friendly. Jeff is a very good person. I'd like to work together many years.

Cons

Tight work hours a less laid back work environment

Advice to Management

Will be great to give more bonus for employees

"Good work environment!!"

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management focuses on making improvements. Great work environment at an awesome location in the financial district. They provide all the tools you need to be successful.

Cons

Can be intense but then again Sales really isn't for everyone. Hire quality over quantity. Commission payout should be weekly or bi-weekly.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting a positive work environment. Hire quality Salespeople that are hungry for real money (commission) not a base salary.

"800fund!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

if you work hard you can get really a lot!)

Cons

too much tasks from the management

Advice to Management

More events for the team building!;)