800Fund.com Reviews | Glassdoor

800Fund.com Reviews

Updated July 9, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Negative Review - Former Employees Positive Review - Management posing as employees #duh"

Former Employee - Funding Specialist/Phone Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Funding Specialist/Phone Sales in New York, NY

I worked at 800Fund.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The place wreaks from lack of ambition. Slackers are welcome. All you need to do is talk on the phone and write a couple fake leads daily and no one will be the wiser.

Employees are there to generate leads. Not to open accounts, close deals, etc.

If you live in your parents basement, have no children/ girlfriend/ boyfriend but need to pay your cell phone bill at the end of the
    Basically, if you like to treated like a child who is constantly yelled at to get on the phone and listen to a bunch of untrained sales people yell and beg for people's "information" all day then this is the place for you to earn $500 per week before taxes.

Not bad if you have no bills. So, Bottom-feeders! Have at it. But if you need to earn a living this is not the place for you.

Cons

Whether one of your clients takes a loan for $50,000 or not, you will never know ( one of their other company's will call them back to sell the loan, a company you don't know about)(an inside job) nor will you be paid any differently. I'm experienced in the industry and was there 2 weeks, not a single deal was funded by anyone, lol.

In other cash advance places of employment that I'd worked a $50,000 loan pays a commission. A generous one at that. But at 800Fund I was told not to worry about deals that I brought in, just to bring more.

Employees are clueless or could care less about anything other than a $500 weekly paycheck.

Advice to Management

Management walk around like drill sergeants and care about one thing, dial the phone.

Management:

What you do... You call that a job you sorry son of a "....." lol.

"Good Place"

Pros

Eric the Operations Manager a cool dude he is very knowledgeable of the industry, Environment and employees are pleasant for the most part

Cons

Not for someone looking to learn the business with little experience

Advice to Management

Training should be more structured (classroom setting) 3 days

""Real Person, Real Review"!!!"

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Please don't believe everything you read. I say go and find out for yourselves. You are your best judge. Don't be mislead my ignorance. Let it be clear that I am not management, I am a current employee and no one asked, trained or paid me to do this. I am genuinely happy to be with this company and I'm utterly disgusted with the deceit being portrayed here. Glassdoor was created for both past and present employers/employees to state their opinions which we obviously know; hence, which is why I am posting. The statement about management placing fake reviews is is a complete joke. Truth is, every REAL positive review seems to add more fuel to this personal fire pit of lies created by this disgruntled individual. It's pathetic and obviously evident that the same person is attacking this company for personal reasons. It's funny that they posted on 3 consecutive days and stated "I am not mad, I have a job" on multiple posts in regards to the same issues. Now that's a FOOL. Sad that people will go so far to ruin a company's reputation. This certainly indicates personal retribution. Oddly, this angry anonymous individual mentions racism which to my eyes is clearly untrue. The owners are Caucasian/white and half of the sales floor is Hispanic and Black/African American. Umm, so yea..in what form are they racist? The only racism that's apparent is from this overly aggressive and belligerent individual who stated numerous times that it was a ghetto establishment. So are you referring to it in that sense because there aren't enough white people? Please stop your own racism. Evidently his or her point is tasteless and redundant in every aspect. Seems like this one has a lot of time on their hands to be posting from what seems to be every day and I'm sure another shall follow due to the bitterness they may ensue from the truth. Interesting enough was that they commented on a previous review that mentioned something of real people, real reviews and if you read this particular post and the others you'll more alike understand why this person decided to go off on a rampage in such a hostile manner. One who finds this much time clearly wants to bring them down. This is all high school drama, he said/she said nonsense. Even going as far as bashing our Christmas party which by the way was at an extravagant 5 star Restaurant with unlimited alcohol and delectable food.

Cons

Free food, should be appreciated by all. Work/play in the financial district is very expensive. Why not do the numbers and calculate how much they help you save a month on food alone. They don't have to do that! They don't owe you anything. I think it's a great perk. Don't ruin it for the ones who love it here. Apply your selfishness at your "job" as you've mentioned a few times.

Advice to Management

Continue the great work! Loyalty and dedication should be proven before all. Many are and have taken advantage of the generosity you endow.

"Love being part of 800fund.com...Great Place!"

Current Employee - Administration in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administration in New York, NY

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

800fund.com is all about family and independence. Everyone treats everyone else with respect, love, and understanding here. It's a super tight-knit company and never feels cliquey like other office environments I've been in. As long as you're productive and bettering yourself at this company, you have so much freedom from people standing over your shoulder. "Obviously not for everyone, but what sales job is." You get a base salary plus commission and not to mention bonuses which is pretty awesome. The cherry on top is the fact that they also provide breakfast and lunch daily. Which is a great deal when working in the financial district with how expensive everything is out here. Because it's a medium-sized company that is still growing, all of your input matters and is actually taken seriously. Management is great! So accommodating to us in every way. There's no need for guessing games here. The honesty, guidance and frankness from the partners' is not only motivating but also much appreciated. 800fund.com definitely encourages personal and professional growth and are not afraid to invest in their employees. While the freedom and benefits you get at 800fund.com can be amazing, it is also incredibly easy to take advantage of. I have seen people just start making up their own rules and doing things their own way without clearing it with management first. There has also been a handful that sadly come in for the free food and base salary but tend to slack off when they actually need to produce in order get a commission. Obviously this wasn't acceptable and they didn't stick around for very long. You've definitely gotta be careful not to take advantage or slack off.

Cons

Nothing negative to say. What really annoys me Is why a person feels compelled to slam a place because of there own personal egos.
    The truth behind "real people, real reviews" is that most interactions between employees and their employers and/or co-workers have much larger implications than ever expected - and sometimes as an angry ex-employee your only recourse is downing that company.
    It's more of a revenge thing than it is a review in my opinion. Sadly, some people get on here to "get even" with the establishment that gave them that opportunity to flourish and believed in them. Their contribution to the business was more then likely not up to par and which is more than likely why they are no longer employed with the company. C'mon, they serve you everything you need in order to establish yourself as a account executive on a silver platter. I don't care what anyone says...no other company will do that for you.

There is a tactful way of handling personal vendettas as opposed to trying to take down the whole place.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to keep hiring people that fit the company culture. 800fund.com is a really unique place. Everyone gets along really well and so many of us are friends outside of work and even want to hangout in the office after work.

"Great place to work and grow in the financial industry"

Current Employee - Funding Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Funding Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at 800Fund.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Environment to establish a successful career in. There is always advancement opportunity for those who excel and exceed expectations and show leadership skills and capabilities. Salary + base, leads provided on daily basis pus bonuses and daily perks you don't find firms that offer that in this industry. Management always looks out for its employees to ensure we are all on the path and striving for the same goal.

Cons

do not really have any cons about the job, you are a Finance Manager. This career comes with much reward at same time with much responsibilities as it should. You get what you put in.

Advice to Management

more ongoing training on per week basis whether its product knowledge/sales/ or on how to network would be beneficial

"Account Executive"

Pros

Near Wall Street , food is free, the people you work with are cool for the most part everyone is down to earth

Cons

I quit last year so my posted might be dated but I feel I should share my experience since I've moved on.

- it's interesting to see that the past reviews have been well articulated in favor of the managements side reducing the liability on their end making it seem like the employees are always at fault

This is a common theme at the office > no ownership. I remember the owner would frequently come out and yell at the entire office for bad performance yet we're expected to perform on zero hrs of training. You basically come in shadow people and then get on the phones. I brought overall 10 deals and none got funded. I don't know the real reason but one thing is for sure is the lack of communication between underwriting and the reps.

It's crazy and I'm glad I left last year seeing the most recent posts it seems like it has gotten worse. In their add when I was there they clamied to spend thousands and the most on marketing per employee
    .... After research and mindless cold calling for 8 hrs a day I found out that there is no way you can be spending that amount.

I interviewed at can capital and they spend a lot on getting clients to call you through web and direct mail and commercials. Very different from cold calling out dated lists

I looked up the company as well on nyc ucc filing and they just open in October they have not been in that location since 2006(on their website)

Bottom line: I've questioned as to rather or not I should come back waste time and write a review after leaving a few month but I figure this might help someone and although no company will be perfect they're some who will lead the sales floor the right way and wrong way you have to pick that battle. This one however you'll most certainly lose

Advice to Management

Be true to who you really and if you're not willing to test the same system you want you reps on then that's a flaw in your character. In other words say what you mean and mean what you say.

"Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in New York, NY

Pros

I love working in the heart of the financial district with a great team. Great benefits and competitive salaries.

Cons

Never really want to leave the office since there is an in house chef and happy hours all included with working there.

"Salesperson"

Pros

Good for entry level/college grad wanting to add a Wall Street address to resume and/or get feet wet. Not sure if real opportunity for advancement exists here.

Cons

Barebones operation. Lots of hard sales tactics. website portrays a much better environment. Be leary of businesses that don't pay, offer high commission yet benefits are 90 days out which means that a high turnover is expected. The job offered is a bait and switch, not for serious professionals but good for entry level who need experience.

Advice to Management

Pay a fair salary, don't waste people's time. Strategy seems to be to fill as many desks as possible and eventually revenue will come in.