8020 Consulting Reviews | Glassdoor

8020 Consulting CEO David Lewis
David Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Top Tier Financial Consulting"

Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 8020 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great management who sincerely cares about your wellbeing
    - High caliber people, almost everyone with a top tier MBA and 10-20 years of industry experience
    - Paid bench time
    - Competitive compensation package
    - Ability to take decent (2-week long) vacations
    - Great work-life balance
    - Quarterly company meetings where you get to socialize with other 8020 consultants
    - Fantastic networking opportunity

Cons

- Not all of the projects will ideally match your skillset (but that's the nature of consulting)

Advice to Management

expand nationwide

2. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Consultant in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at 8020 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Career Path: Great career path for anyone in Finance. 8020 Consulting offers a wide spectrum of interesting projects across a multitude of industries. You will never have a dull moment.
    Networking - 8020 provides a great networking platform with other likeminded high-caliber consultants. Everyone is great and is always willing to help.
    - Benefits: Great! Paid bench-time, no vesting period, good vacation, and competitive compensation & bonus structure.
    - Education: 8020 is a great place to learn business models, financial systems, and industries. In just 2 years, I've been on 5 different projects in different industries. I've been exposed to multiple financial systems & business models. It's been really fun, challenging, and very educational.
    - Management: both the CEO and middle management are fantastic. Really supportive of your goals and objectives. Communication is very good and transparent.
    - Company: The Company is growing very rapidly and is very healthy financially.
    - Summary: 8020 Consulting is the best place to work. I've moved my family to Las Vegas recently, but decided to commute and continue working at 8020 because it's hard to beat this gig!

Cons

None that I have experienced.

Advice to Management

Let's expand to Las Vegas

3. "Good company"

I worked at 8020 Consulting full-time

Pros

The CEO is smart and a great salesman. A good individual to learn from

Cons

Middle management is not the best

"Trying to be perfect"

Current Employee - Executive Team Leader
    Current Employee - Executive Team Leader

I have been working at 8020 Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Really smart people
    Leadership cares about making the company great
    Excellent clients
    Nice fun accomplished people to work with
    Excellent reputation
    High levels of transparency

Cons

Must be able to handle autonomy
    Very high performance standards....so for the right people these are positives

Advice to Management

Keep innovating...stay connected

5. "Best company I've worked for"

I have been working at 8020 Consulting full-time

Pros

Great management team that cares and checks-in. Always able to learn and grow; I've been able to learn 3 different types of software in the last 6 months. It's also very great to have colleagues that are experienced and smart whom you could continue to learn from and bounce ideas off. Great work/life balance for finance professionals.

Cons

Nothing bad to say, great place.

"8020 Consulting is the only consulting firm to work for as a finance professional."

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at 8020 Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

8020 Consulting is the only consulting firm to work for as a finance professional. The firm has a great reputation from large enterprises such as Disney to local startups. The professionals at 8020 carry vast experiences across various industries, resulting in a network of peers you can always reach out to.

When I decided to become a consultant, it was a tough choice, since I was doing well with industry jobs. I wanted to take a chance and venture out into the world of consulting. Recruiter after recruiter told me that if I were to choose consulting in Los Angeles, 8020 was the only firm they would recommend. Now I have experienced the quality and high service level 8020 brings to its clients and understand why 8020 has such a good reputation.

If you are considering making a change, consider 8020 Consulting.

Cons

NONE! NONE! NONE! NONE! NONE!

"Consultant"

I have been working at 8020 Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Management that cares. Competitive compensation.

Cons

Uncertainty of new client's culture and expectations.

"Management Consultant"

Current Employee - Management Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 8020 Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with 8020 Consulting for two years and have had great work experiences. Everyone, including top management, is supportive of each other. And, although the consultants are dispersed across the LA area, the company ensures we still feel like one team through weekly meetings, quarterly updates, and volunteer events. I just had my annual review, and, unlike other companies with which I've had experience and/or heard about, there was substantive feedback. I'm looking forward to another great year!

Cons

I haven't experienced it first-hand, but some of the commutes can be long. It can also be difficult to get to know the other consultants since we are spread out; however, 8020 helps address that through the weekly meetings as well as the quarterly updates and volunteer events.

Advice to Management

You really treat your consultants like assets which is very much appreciated. Keep doing what you are doing!

"Watch Out!"

Pros

Other consultants are very cool. Potential opportunity to see how multiple Fortune 1000 companies conduct business.

Cons

Shady business practices. For instance, 8020 will solicit your professional references for business! Also, they hire interns whose sole job is to comb through consultants' LinkedIn contacts in order to drum up business. Also, there's a lot of pressure to work overtime hours so the company can charge excessive rates to clients, which are only partially split with the consultants. Additionally, there is very little opportunity for professional growth as they tend to assign director-level talent to manager-level engagements.

Advice to Management

Treat your consultants like professionals, not like children.

8020 Consulting Response

Jun 26, 2017 – Partner and Chief Operating Officer

To the author of the previous post:
    I am having trouble understanding who on our team may hold these feelings and perceptions as they are such the polar opposite of who I believe we are and how we... More

"Great Company that really does care about its employees"

Pros

- Challenging and interesting projects that allow you to really make a difference
    - Competitive compensation package
    - Management that does a great job of communicating the future direction of the company with its employees

Cons

None. Great company that continues to grow.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of growing the company while maintaining the feel and open communication of a small firm.