84.51° Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2020

4.3
84.51° CEO Stuart Aitken (no image)
Stuart Aitken
Pros
Cons
  • "They are a growing organization and naturally that comes with growing pains(in 8 reviews)

• " 84.51 (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Data Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at 84.51° full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great teams, great culture, great leadership

Cons

This is a great company to work for, I am very happy to be part of the organization!

July 23, 2020

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about 84.51°. We love to hear that current and former employees are excited about our teams, culture and leadership as we are!

2. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at 84.51° full-time

Pros

Great place to work. People are good, work life balance is good, overall they do things right.

Cons

None really, they do things well for the most part

July 8, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear your feedback and that you've had a great experience at 84.51° . Through our existence, we have focused on our people; providing learning and growth opportunities, a strong culture and good benefits.

3. "Internal networking most important to success"

2.0
    Former Employee - Client Lead in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at 84.51° full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible benefits when I worked there: - HSA match - 401k match - 5 weeks of vacation - Great office space and facilities (including gym and parking pass) - Innovative company that is constantly doing interesting things with their data capabilities

Cons

- Micromanagement - Focus on internal networking despite stated focus on external client relationship (with Kroger) - Not very diverse company, especially not diverse leadership, which as a POC made me feel isolated and unsupported in my time there

July 23, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value all of our current and former employees’ feedback, so we can learn from what was not positive during your time at 84.51° and how we can improve. We are delighted to hear that you appreciate 84.51°’s innovative work, space and benefit offerings. We recognize the power and value of a diverse workplace and fostering an inclusive culture. We continually strive to ensure 84.51° is a place where all people feel like they belong, are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from and what experiences they’ve had. We are continuing to focus on meeting our diversity and inclusion road-map goals and commitments.

4. "great learning experience"

Former Employee - Software in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at 84.51° full-time for more than a year

Pros

well funded by kroger good office enviornment

Cons

The company is not moving forward in the digital space.

June 22, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We believe that in order for 84.51° to be an innovative company, we must look for ways to improve ourselves, which includes receiving feedback from current and former associates.

5. "Great place to work if you know the right people!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Lead Data Scientist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at 84.51° full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fun culture among the younger folks in the company. Reasonable work life balance (though it could always be better). Stuart is a great CEO!

Cons

People management is not a huge focus in most areas of the business. There's a problem with favoritism & certain high-ranking people being above the law. Culture has deteriorated a bit since Kroger bough us.

June 22, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 84.51°. We agree that fun and work life balance are keys to a great workplace, that is why we have made a point to embed these into our culture. Our managers and leadership equally value your feedback around opportunities for improvement, so we can learn from what was not positive during your time at 84.51° and how we can progress in the future.

6. "Great company"

Current Employee - Engineer in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at 84.51° full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great perks and great people to work with

Cons

I dont have anything to say

April 29, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 84.51°. We're agree that our associates are the key to a great workplace, that is why we have make a point to have a very people-led culture.

7. "Great people and culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at 84.51° full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great culture, great people, inclusive environment

Cons

Leadership struggles to prioritize. Going after too much.

April 29, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear your feedback on our culture and team. Through our existence, we have focused on developing and maintaining our people-focused culture. As we continue to grow we will focus on priorities and outcomes that drive the business and improve the experience for customers.

8. "Love the work. Love the work family!"

Current Employee - Director in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at 84.51° full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging work. Excellent tot comp and benefits. Talented colleagues.

Cons

Growing pains. Strategic continuity.

March 11, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted to hear that you appreciate the work you're doing, team and benefits/ total rewards. We couldn’t agree more! Regarding your concern about accountability for senior management, this is a current area of focus for the entire organization as we place most emphasis on driving for outcomes. Please know, our managers and leadership value your feedback, so we can learn what is working well, and how we can improve.

9. "Inclusive company for introverts"

Current Employee - CSA in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at 84.51° full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Over the past year - been making great strides in terms of making introverts feel a sense of belonging- they even have a group dedicated to it called ITOPiA.

Cons

Still early in this journey with introversion but not sure I see any other company so dedicated to trying to figure it out.

February 24, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at 84.51° and your feedback on ITOPiA. We're proud of the work this group is doing to incorporate change for introverts and extroverts across the company. We agree that diversity and inclusion are keys to a great workplace, that is why we have made a point to embed these into our culture.

10. "Joke"

1.0

I worked at 84.51° full-time for more than a year

Pros

PTO, work life balance. Nice office.

Cons

Good company if you want to come here to party. If you want to do some serious work, you'd realize this place is a complete joke. From upper management to entry level, nobody knows what the hell they are doing. Lots of reorg that leads to nothing. People put more efforts on happy hours than real work.

February 24, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have the best experience working at 84.51°. Our managers and leadership value your feedback, so we can learn what was not positive during your time at 84.51° and how we can improve.

Found 118 reviews