888 Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
888 Holdings CEO Brian Mattingley
Brian Mattingley

Pros
Cons
  • Good luck on work/ life balance (in 3 reviews)

• They don't have an HR department (in 4 reviews)

1. "Customer service rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at 888 Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good place to work for if you like work hard

Cons

Long hours and not enough time off

Advice to Management

Get more help

"Customer Operations Specialist"

Current Employee - Customer Operations Specialist in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Operations Specialist in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

Some of the supervisors are nice, the work itself is not bad if you're up for a challenge

Cons

Poor communication skills management sucks HR is non existent no proper training it's like a boot camp in there. They really take full advantage of being an "at will" company . They try to get to you by intimidation

Advice to Management

Learn how to talk communicate and treat all employees equally .. Do something about the moral in the office, everyone walks on pins in needles

"Do Not Work Here!"

Former Employee - Customer Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at 888 Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros to working at this awful place.

Cons

Horrible place to work. You are micro managed. Managers act tough and try to intimidate but they are so soft. Its extremely awkward how they try to act tough. They lack intelligence, leadership skills and don't know how to run a business Training program is a joke, pay is garbage. You can't have a life with the night and overnight shifts. You never get paid on time. Payroll is Always messed up. They don't have an HR department. Everyone there is looking to leave.

Advice to Management

You guys are a joke, pathetic.

"You dont yell at your staff in public"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at 888 Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is nothing I can recommend about this company

Cons

I worked here for about 4 months, which was 3 months and 29 days too long. What angered me the most about this company, was that every time I or anyone else did anything wrong, we were always yelled at in public. All my co workers were miserable. No one smiled there. The pay is lousy and the hours are long. The happiest day of my employment there was my last day. We were encouraged to write positive reviews of the company on Glassdoor. Here is my review..

Advice to Management

They need to be replaced

"Customer Service Operations Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at 888 Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Co-workers. Even the ones that comes and goes.
    Employees goes in and out like a 2 way restaurant door.

Cons

"BEWARE ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK"!!

The Schedule is Horrible. It feels like you live there and hardly go home. Just coming into the office makes me tired.
    Lunch time period is only 30 minutes.
    The company is very understaffed. Some times there is one representative working solo per shift.
    No professional advancement opportunities unless you are brown nosing or create your own laminated documents "How to do work you have no idea of list".
    Good luck on work/ life balance.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO A FRIEND NOT EVEN WORST ENEMY.

Advice to Management

REPLACEMENT!!

The company is understaffed, hire more employees and tell them what they are walking into.
    Create a better training program for new employees.

"Apply here only if you are desperate"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at 888 Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only thing I can remotely say that its positive about this company is that it is near public transportation and is near route 3 and the New Jersey Turnpike, (exit 16 e)

Cons

If you were to ask 20 people what they hated the most about their job and combined them all into one position, this would be what it is like working at 888. I agree with what a lot of my former coworkers and friends have said about this company.

The pay is lousy, the benefits are minimal (12 vacation days with no holidays) and since the company is open 24/7, you are required to work rotating shifts. If people called out sick, which happens a lot due to staff having to share desks, phones, and computers, you could wind up working the whole shift by yourself and you could be forced to work alone in the building. Women , (and male), employees were not happy about having to work by themselves over night. The employee turnover is nearly 100% per year.

You are micromanaged. You will never get a thank-you, but if you do something wrong you will be disciplined. Morale was very low and almost everyone I worked with was looking for another position.

The office had a problem with bedbugs. If you go into the kitchen, you can see that there is an OSHA notice in which the manager agreed to correct the issue. One employee even wound up with bedbugs in his house.

The 3 story parking garage leaks, and many of us have parked our cars on the second (covered) level, only to come out after work to see that rust had dripped on our cars.

In short, 888 Holdings is not a pleasant place to work. If you last 3 months you will be considered a long time employee. Work here if you need the money but continue to seek out other opportunities. You should consider this to be an employer of last resort.

Advice to Management

I don't think this company will ever change, so my advise is to company that 888 does back office functions for their NJ and Nevada operations. You have one of the most recognized brands in the US. Do something about this office before they hurt your brand.

"888 US Services, worst company to work with!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at 888 Holdings (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing! Nothing! Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

Cons

The schedule is the worst, after working here for almost 8 months my body still can't handle the ever changing schedule, they never pay on time, they don't have an hr department, they never paid me for my overtime, the management are very rude and pissy, people are quitting left and right, the only reason why I am still here is because I don't have much goals in life as of yet, but I am looking to get out of this god forsaken place. Literally, about 10 people quit within a one month span, it's sad and depressing here, and the job description doesn't match with what you were hired to do, they pay is bad, we weren't getting paid for holidays until last month..sad

Advice to Management

restructure the whole company, change the management team, implement a training technique, stop bashing people for doing things that we were never taught, get a 401k plan, the payroll should be based out of the USA not Antigua, maybe that is why we can never get a consistent paycheck

"Customer Operations Specialist in Secaucus. This place is terrible! Run the other way!!"

Current Employee - Customer Operations Specialist in Secaucus, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Operations Specialist in Secaucus, NJ

I have been working at 888 Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can dress down for work, free coffee, free parking, free dental and eye insurance

Cons

No structure, the managers are self absorbed.. there is no hr department, payroll is always messed up, the training is sub par, the hiring process is a joke, they hire anyone, people call out everyday, the turnover is extremely high...a coworker of mine didn't get paid for 2 MONTHS!!! That is unacceptable.The managers don't like to verbalize, they send nasty emails to try to intimidate you. Bed Bugs infestation that was brought in by one of the employees and the company did nothing until one of the employees called OSHA on them!! Some of the reps are immature and they promote people that has been with the company less than 2 hours, it's disgusting

Advice to Management

give feedback, understand the labor laws of nj

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Fraud Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Fraud Representative in Secaucus, NJ

Pros

The people you work with on the same level are the only pro to this job.

Cons

I am going to do this because I wish someone had done this for me before I took this job offer. The money is horrible, the schedule is inconsistent and 24/7 365 which means you will work holidays and weekends with no extra compensation. The shift work is inconsistent. Your hours are unhealthy (overnights to early mornings etc) and i'm pretty sure illegal. The management is clueless and do not know the first thing about how companies are run and how to retain employees. Best advice I can give anyone who wants to work here..Don't.

Advice to Management

Quit your day job

"New Jersey 888 Office - huge turnover rate. Use this job to move to the next place."

Former Employee - Fraud/Customer Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ
    Former Employee - Fraud/Customer Operations Representative in Secaucus, NJ

I worked at 888 Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Consistent paycheck. Benefits were ok. Great coworkers (non upper management which are 2 main people).

Cons

Everyone, and yes, I mean everyone is looking to leave 888 New Jersey.

You will NOT have a life if you work here due to the inconsistent scheduling, and extreme lack of care for a work life balance. Huge turnover rate. Let's put it this way. We started with 30 people, we lost 19 people out of that group (including supervisors and management) in less than 1 year. Management struggled to get people to work due to inconsistent scheduling and treatment. We really lost great people who were very smart (such a shame).

Tons of errors with the computer software (Cassbo). Customers get mad when the "system is down" time after time. IT is very slow to answer any software questions (if they even choose to answer). No holiday overtime pay (what the heck)? The graveyard shifts and inconsistent schedule will destroy your family, friends, and significant others' lives. EX: You will be scheduled a day off on a Wednesday, but then have to work an overnight shift on Thursday. This is NOT a day off of full rest. You do NOT get more money for working graveyard shifts (and if they do give it now, it is not worth the pay).

No 401k offering (which HR even balked at the idea of and gave us all a dirty look like we were asking for a $20,000 raise). Tel Aviv runs this company so it's a lot of micromanaging.

They also like to "promote" people, but give them the same salary and crappy hours. How is this a promotion? More work for the SAME pay. You also can't work from home when this is an ONLINE company.

You rarely, if ever, get a weekend off. If you do have a "weekend", you will have a Tuesday and Friday off, but have to work early on a Saturday. Just ask around.

Advice to Management

You've micromanaged the company and it could have been successful. Everyone, and yes, I mean everyone is looking to leave.

Actually listen to your employees, or you'll have to train another 30 people over and over every 6 months. If an employee makes a mistake, tell them ... don't let them find out months later and not even remember the situation that happened. Be direct when giving advice or correcting a problem. Often you hear from certain management ... "Well, what do you think?"

If someone requests a vacation 4 months in advance on a non-popular takeoff time, it shouldn't be a problem to take off. Get back to them, and respect they have a life outside of 888.