8x8 Anonymous Employee Reviews

4.7
8x8 Chief Executive Officer  David Sipes
David Sipes
0 Rating
  1. "Interviews and Onboarding"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very quick interview turnaround (less than 3 weeks) plus got a goodie bag! Excellent orientation- first day Awesome 2-day onboarding event for new hires- history, products , fun

Cons

Nothing at the moment

"You should work here!"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great collaborative culture, friendly people, so so much potential, plus all of the cool free things (snacks, coffee, free lunch on wednesdays). We're also moving to a huge, beautiful office in Campbell!!

Cons

fast growing and fast paced, so there are some growing pains, but it makes it an exciting place to work

Continue reading

3. "Great culture and work life balance, huge possibilities for growth"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here are all motivated and excited about the growth and possibility of the company. Everyone is passionate and and the office culture is great. I love coming to work each day.

Cons

The is a bit of a divide between older and younger employees.

"A lot of growth, a lot of change, a lot of work."

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for less than a year

Pros

In a tech field full of companies unwilling to invest in employees and only use a revolving door of contractors, 8x8 stands out. The diversity in age, experience, and backgrounds is impressive, and the company does all it can to show employees that they matter. Management is supportive and has your back, as long as you show integrity and follow the company's core principles.

Cons

8x8 is in a huge growth phase. Workloads are a definite challenge. With the large amount of new people coming in and in various stages of ramping up, having to constantly ensure that they are aware of and following process can slow you down. A culture that encourages independent thinking is fantastic, but that doesn't mean certain procedures that exist out of necessity should be ignored.

8x8 Response

July 3, 2019Recruiting Professional

Thank you so much for taking the time to review 8x8 on Glassdoor. We love what you said about our culture and our management. Our managers have their team’s back because we take our core values seriously. One being, “We are one global team”. We play and win together!! With any fast growing company, there will be growing pains, so we appreciate your thoughtful feedback. Thanks again for your feedback and thank you for all your valuable contributions to 8x8!

"Failure starts at the top"

1.0

I have been working at 8x8 full-time for more than a year

Pros

-If you decide to work here you will run into a few very bright and competent people who made the same mistake you did - they joined this company against their better instincts.

Cons

-First of all take a look at the Glassdoor review pages. Notice how when there is an honest yet brutal review that gets lots of "likes" it suddenly gets buried by an avalanche of glowing reviews that post all around the same date and have very similar wording and topics? That right there should tell you something about the lack of values and ethics from Exec Mgmnt at this company. HR is clearly posting fake reviews or at least strongly encouraging canned reviews. Next up, as a recent poster stated, Marketing is in shambles and is run by a megalomaniac who is untouchable due to the CEO's failure to run any due diligence on her before hiring her. He's shackled to her due his revolving door of CMO's. Massively top heavy Exec team, of which many employees aren't even sure what they do or how they keep their jobs. Heads of SMB and CS are solid, after that there is a steep drop-off in talent and accountability. The competition is running away with the race. It is not close. What's worse is that Vik has no idea how to change strategy. 8x8's strategy is a near obsession with copying whatever Ring Central does. Everything. Compensation is below market, thanks to the CFO who is the very definition of 'penny wise, pound foolish'. Pennies are pinched, salaries are tight, bonuses are below market, if you can get one. Most roles at the company are not offered a bonus. Sales Kickoff was a joke. If CFO had her way it would've been run out of a Chuck E Cheese, probably without the prepaid tokens. Legacy systems are terrible. Legacy processes are even worse. Look at the positive reviews: On boarding program and a new building. Yeay!! If the best thing you can say about your company is the on boarding program is good and you're moving to a new building then you really are in a sad state of affairs. Do you think the employees at Ring are celebrating such superficial things as a new office space? No. They are celebrating a near $100 stock price (which by the way was even with 8x8 stock price not too long ago) They'll smile to your face one day, fire you the next day, and the following day your replacement is sitting at your desk. Ask anyone who has worked here and they will confirm this as standard operating procedure for Vik and his team.

8x8 Response

September 24, 2018Program Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback. Believe it or not, we do value your opinion. First of all, your comment about HR posting “fake” reviews is “fake” news. One of our core values is integrity and here at 8x8 we take that very seriously. We have been growing by leaps and bounds, and our onboarding classes do receive an email after 6 months, encouraging them to share jobs and their opinions via LinkedIn and glassdoor. (that would explain why you see a “cluster” of reviews at any given time) As mentioned before, we are truly growing like crazy! There are definitely a lot of new faces and executives that have been brought on recently to not only help us continue to dominate, but to expand our reach around the globe. Some of their responsibilities are still being defined based on our customer’s needs. We’ve been taking a good hard look at where we are positioned in the market in regard to compensation. We just recently hired our first VP of Global Total Rewards and we will be rolling out our new comp plans, bonuses, and enhanced benefit offerings in Q4 and Q1. You’re right, our CFO has been known to pinch a penny or two, which is probably why we have enjoyed 30 consecutive profitable quarters in a row! Yep, we’re pretty proud of our world class on-boarding program known as “Fast Start!” Our new building is gonna be super cool too, including an amazing EBC. We truly do welcome and appreciate your feedback. I encourage you to continue the conversation with the appropriate HR Business Partner within your function. We take all feedback very seriously and are always looking for ways to improve our processes and our culture.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.