8x8 Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Vik Verma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Horrible work life balance- paid hourly & you need to be there to get the leads so overtime is pretty much required to have a chance at meeting quota (in 10 reviews)

• Typical growing pains given the industry (in 9 reviews)

"SMB Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager SMB in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Best Management team I have ever worked for, bar none.
    - Management goes above and beyond for employees that "want" to succeed. Keyword..."WANT" I noticed a couple "ex-employees" bad mouth the sales team, but the reality is, they are ex-employees for a reason. In the 3 years that I have worked here, I can count on one hand the amount of employees that I have actually left the sales team willingly. As a matter of fact, some that have left have come back to rejoin the team. Majority of the time, sales reps are let go due to lack of performance. I have worked in sales for many different industries/companies and I have never worked for a management team that truly sincerely wants to see all their reps succeed. They give struggling reps many chances to improve themselves before actually resulting to letting them go.
    - Open Door. I love how management makes everyone feel that they can voice their opinions even if it's not a good one. Most companies make you feel that you have no voice or say, but here we are able to give our feedback anytime. The process in which we function as a sales team is mostly created from everyone's feedback and opinions. Other companies I have worked for would only pretend to listen but never really took your words into consideration.
    - As a sales team, we are constantly being taken care of. Whether its donuts every Thursday or full on lunches every Wednesday, management is always making sure we are happy. We receive all kinds spiffs for outstanding performance, sometimes daily. Most quota driven positions I've held in the past, never gave extra spiffs for exceeding daily/weekly/monthly goals. You either hit your goal or you don't and that's it, but not at 8x8.

At the end of the day, I personally have contemplated on whether I could get a better job or seek higher pay elsewhere. Yes, money is important and we all want it, but for me personally if you want a job that pays well especially if you're an over achiever and you're also seeking for a great work-life balance, 8x8's sales team is the place to be.

Cons

- I would like to see us get a little more aggressive with marketing /advertising. Not a lot of people have ever heard of 8x8.
    - Support for our customers could use some work as well. I know its easier said than done, but once we get to where I know we will be, it will only make us as a company that much stronger.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Amazing work!

"Great company with growing pains"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time

Pros

Product, Growth potential, Leadership, Benefits

Cons

Process issues, Too many layers

Advice to Management

Open feedback loops. Estaff only hears what leadership wants them to hear

"Stay away"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food every Wednesdays, but the food is very unhealthy

Cons

Weak Benefits. Support that has been there for years. Lack of growth and incompetent mgmt.

Software is horrible and instead of correcting the issue, it gets passed around until the customer gives up or cancels.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Continuous support from upper management
    I have been working at 8x8 for 2 years now and not once have I felt left behind. This is largely due to not only management support but upper management constantly helping remove any barriers to success.

- Shaking the market
    I have worked for large multi-billing dollar companies and I have never seen such commitment and investment into this technology from a single player. New products and new market approach seems to be 8x8's forte.

- "Flexibility" to control your own growth
    Always able to be the driver. The company provides the sales team with everything needed to be successful. We even get leads handed to us, no cold calls ever! Never once did I feel like I didn't know what I was doing or was set-up to fail. I didn't know companies like this existed...

Cons

- Marketing / Advertising
    8x8 does a great job attacking smaller markets on a micro level but we lag national brand recognition. Once this is successful, this company will explode.

Advice to Management

- Continue supporting sales
    The biggest surprise is to see how committed management is to helping sales close. I have had multiple deals that seamed impossible to close end up choosing 8x8 because management intervention.

- Recognition
    I have always been recognized for performance and helping others on the floor. Please keep that the culture as it really kept me motivated.

- Sales Sales Sales
    Find a way to protect us from tasks non-related to sales

5. "Great place to work"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fun environment to work in, lots of learning and growth opportunity.

Cons

None that I can think of right now.

"Unvarnished truth - don't believe the "planted" reviews"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at 8x8 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros:

Location by the SJ airport, good for South Bay people. Bonus points if you like dirty, dingy offices that were built in the 80's and not updated.

Cons

Cons:

Here's the unvarnished truth on 8x8:

Mrktg: In shambles. CMO has no idea what she is doing. Changes her mind on strat and org structure almost weekly. Morale is terrible in this group since she's also know to openly berate her team.

Eng: 8x8 has been around for decades so much of the code was written in the stone ages. Code has more bugs than a Louisiana swamp, many aren't being addressed due to staff shortages.

Customer Support: Understaffed and overworked due to buggy product that is rushed to market before it is ready. Hard working team but morale is waning.

Accounting/Finance: Tons of turnover in last 12 months. One person left after 2 weeks, one after 2 months.

Sales: Never met a bookings target they couldn't miss. See lack of Marketing strategy and buggy product above. Customers want Ring Central.

CEO team: Claim to have the best product stack in the business but can't explain why 8x8 growing slower than market and slower than major competitor Ring. Can't explain why if 8x8 has best product and is a "game changing" technology why CEO is trying to sell the company. 8x8 has been around for decades but never invested in current systems or technology and now is desperate to catch up but the silos and horrible culture are holding it back. They talk a good story during the interviews but once you pull back the curtain you see how unbelievably dysfunctional this place is.

Pay and benefits are below market. Read the fine print on benefits and you'll see they play games with new employees and benefits are not as advertised.

Advice to Management

-Take off the rose colored glasses and address the internal challenges and dysfunction. Stop talking about $50 stock price, it's delusional.
    -Dress, and act, like professional executives.

"Right Intentions Right Thinking."

Current Employee - No Comment
    Current Employee - No Comment

I have been working at 8x8 (Less than a year)

Pros

CEO is big on investing in people
    A CEO that genuinely cares
    Dynamic of the company is build for people who want to lead and help make changes.
    This is the place where if you have a good idea you can make it happen
    A stock that is extremely undervalued so there is an upside with the company seeing the need to invest in good people and grow.

Cons

Lack of process
    Things can take longer to get done because of disorganization.
    Company has been around for 30 years and there are