8x8 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Vik Verma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company is growing and there is a great Fast Start program to on-board new employees" (in 14 reviews)

• "Lots of great people to work with at all levels of the organisation" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Horrible work life balance- paid hourly & you need to be there to get the leads so overtime is pretty much required to have a chance at meeting quota" (in 11 reviews)

• "Can experience some temporary growing pains, but to be expected and nothing out of the norm" (in 9 reviews)

"On The Rise and Picking Up Steam"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with the company less than a year, but I have seen so much positive growth and change in that short amount of time. I personally love an atmosphere that keeps you on your toes. The transparency is refreshing and the culture is great. Everyone is very friendly and will just start of a conversation with you. You can tell there is true passion here.

Cons

As a general rule, change and a "fast paced" environment isn't everyone's cup of tea. But that is completely objective. I personally am very happy and no cons.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to continue to listen to your employees and let us have a say. As a very well-known CEO once said "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do. Genius and profound."

"Great place to work and the best is yet to come!"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

8x8 has an amazing product and they are continually improving it. This is by far the most talented group of individuals I have had the privilege to work with during my 30+ years in the tech industry. Everyone is working together to make the product the best in it's space. Management is open and transparent with employees and moving things forward in the right direction.

Cons

Growing at such a fast pace can present challenges. Processes continue to evolve and it can be a struggle to keep up with the the changes rolling out. That is the price that comes with rapidly enhancing a product to make it the best on the market.

Advice to Management

Continue your focus on product development. You have an amazing group of people. Continue to make them feel appreciated and continue with the transparency that you regularly practice.

"Firing on all cylinders, alignment is getting better"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people, extremely talented, across the organization. Most of my colleagues are down-to-earth, friendly and collaborative. Prima donnas tend to be short-lived at 8x8. I don't know how we managed to attract so many stars over the years (esp among Sales Engineers) since we were paying below market until about a year ago.

There is nowhere for this company to go but up. 8x8 is finally investing in growth, updating all of its back-office systems, and hiring more people. Departments that have historically been neglected are finally getting resourced. We are laying the groundwork and starting to get into position to scale. By this time next year, 8x8 could be a rocket ship.

Cons

Unless you are a member of the executive team, it can be difficult to keep track of what is going on in other departments and other offices. There has been a lot of turnover at all levels (some of it necessary), which means we are losing institutional knowledge, and we have a lot of people who are still ramping up.

It's hard to take apart a V6 engine, clean all the parts, and reassemble it while the car is still moving. I feel like employees at 8x8 have to do twice as much work as our competitors. Management does not always appreciate the day-to-day challenges. There has been a lot of progress in the past couple years, but we are still at a competitive disadvantage and not yet ready to scale.

Advice to Management

In the past, the company has tried too hard to be all things to all people. Our strategy was poorly defined, short-sighted, reactive and often driven by the sales opportunity du jour. We have started to change this behavior and are now more disciplined in choosing what initiatives to pursue and making sure we have alignment across functions. We need to continue this.

We also need to take a cold, hard look at ourselves, recognize our strengths and accept our weaknesses. We still have a short-sighted, "win at all costs" mentality, and this will continue to haunt us in the long run. We have to know when to walk away.

Our reputation is everything - while we need to grow and expand, we should not lose sight of what got us to where we are today (reliability, voice quality, etc.)

"Great company to work for if you like fast paced environment and looking for learning & career growth opportunities."

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great people to work for and with, hiring amazing talents, very good opportunity for learning new skills, technology and tools, good opportunity for fast career growth

Cons

hard to maintain work-life balance.

"Great company to work at"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time

Pros

Fantastic company on the rise. They are moving into a new building that is twice the size as the HQ. Hiring over 600 people in the next year. TA is killing it!

Cons

Not too much of a downside with this company as of right now

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager in North Wilmington, MA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in North Wilmington, MA

I have been working at 8x8 (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has a very positive culture that is supportive and open. Working remotely this is very important to feel connected and visible to the company. Its fast growing with a great compensation structure that includes profit sharing. Its really invested in its employee base.

Cons

The company is growing very quickly and needs talent that can be flexible and self empowering.

"Phenomenal place to work"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Open and transparent leadership
    -Internal communications are very strong
    -Competitive Salaries
    -Excellent office environment
    -Amazing leadership / CEO
    -Extraordinary talented people

Cons

Growing company that is scaling at a rapid pace. Not ideal for those who want a static pace

Advice to Management

Hold on to the way we’re are doing things / keep doing the things that makes this company great

"Excellent Leadership with great corporate culture"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time

Pros

Leadership is very transparent
    Employee culture is very welcoming
    Lots of innovation and history that gets you inspired
    Focused training and great on-boarding for new hires

Cons

Workspaces are dated until move to the new office

Advice to Management

Management knows where they want to take the company. Nothing to advise.

"Tripling in size in under 2 years"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HR and IT has on-boarding together. The amount of change allow some to have a big impact on the company

Cons

There is a lot of change going on now. This can care some.

10. "Awesome! People are fantastic and very smart."

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enthusiasm, diverse, culture, talent level, Executive Management Team is focused on success.

Cons

Amount of paperwork and systems to access on a daily basis.

Advice to Management

Take a look at internal workflow and streamline it.