8x8 Reviews | Glassdoor

8x8 Reviews

Updated September 16, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Company is growing, so great growth opportunities for growing your career (in 9 reviews)

• Great people throughout the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Time difference with US makes work/life balance hard (in 8 reviews)

• Typical growing pains of a organisation but plenty of opportunity with this too (in 8 reviews)

"Great Products, People and Executive Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executive Management is very visible and accessible.
    Company poised for high growth.
    Management trusts and empowers employees to effect change.
    It's fun to work at a company where the product is Best in Class!

Cons

With growth comes change, so lots of changes. Not necessarily a bad thing but be prepared to work quickly and creatively. You cannot wait for someone to figure it out for you if you want to be successful.

Advice to Management

The products that the people here create are amazing! So are the people. Whenever you look at your strategic planning, keep in mind corporate culture and work environment. Don't just settle for this being a great place to work... strive to make it the best place to work.

Jun 28, 2017 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your input. I agree, we do have amazing people who share common values! Thanks to them, I believe we can continue to grow our business while maintaining a close knit, collaborative... More

"Positive work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High-energy atmosphere
    Positive teamwork environment
    Hands-on leadership that values individual ideas and innovation

Cons

Ability to respond to rapid environmental changes could be quicker

Advice to Management

Keep hiring smart, innovative folks to keep the momentum going

Jul 10, 2017 – Chief Executive Officer

You are right, things are moving quickly and we are on a sharp growth curve. We have to find the right mix between process and flexibility. I am big fan of bringing in smart new people into the... More

3. "Here to stay"

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people with great energy and desire to get things done. Excellent product innovation and vision. Promoting tallent from within is key to the success and long term continuity of the shared vision. The management really cares about the product and gives recognition to the many people who are responsible for the success. 8x8 really cares about the customers and keeping them advocates and champions of the product. Profitable and debt free.

Cons

I think some people who have been with the company for a long time are making less than they could if they were hired today and should be rewarded for their dedication, commitment and knowledge of the companies products.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture of promoting from within an important value of the companies energy and spirit.

Bring long time employees in line with current market conditions

Jul 10, 2017 – Chief Financial Officer

Thank you so much for your review. I definitely agree with all the items you listed under the Pros, these are spot on. I also agree that we should continue to promote from within. One of our core... More

4. "New Engineering SVP Making Waves"

I have been working at 8x8 full-time

Pros

Growth phase bringing new innovation.

Cons

There are processes being implemented which requires patience as we roll out the wrinkles. People are sometimes late to meetings and meetings run over.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and be open to innovative ideas from new blood coming in. Thanks for making it a fun place to work.

Jul 10, 2017 – Chief Executive Officer

Good point! Innovation requires using a broad spectrum of talents and experience to create the best market solution. 8x8 is a mosaic of diversity. This is what makes us so successful. In addition... More

"STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE"

I worked at 8x8 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Engineers to work with.

Cons

Politics are rampant all over the company. Management doesn't allow us to work, They keep changing requirement. Expects you to work on weekends too. The engineer doesn't mean anything to the company. All they care about is Sales and Sales people. Awards are given to Sales and recognization is given to sales. Engineer is meant to just work and release product on time.

Product management is Pathetic, Highly unprofessional.I have never seen such a management who just promotes you to senior level with 3% raise in your Pay(ROFL)

Advice to Management

If you want to grow change Product Management and Give importance to Engineers.

6. "Huge Market Potential"

Current Employee - Operations Leader in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Leader in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Very Transparent from CEO Down
    - The Cloud Communications market it huge and 8x8 has the potential to be the clear leader
    - Company stays focused on corporate objectives that are clearly communicated across the teams
    - Profitable for 20+ Quarters and growing 20%+ YoY

Cons

- Lot's of work, wish more time in the day.

Jun 28, 2017 – Chief Financial Officer

Thank you very much for your input. One of our core values as a Company is transparency. We thrive to keep each other informed to avoid surprises, and it starts at the top. Vik has done an amazing... More

7. "Huge Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

8x8 has accomplished so much with limited resources (less than competitors) and still manage to be considered one of the market leaders in the space. This is probably due to the significant number of hard working, talented and well natured employees that make up 8x8's ranks.

Cons

Often not enough resources to grow and outpace competitors. Folks are often jumping from one priority task to another. When everything is a priority, nothing is.

Advice to Management

Consider spending more on the Engineering departments so that we can get more done in less time.

Jun 28, 2017 – Chief Executive Officer

Thanks for your valuable input. I agree! Thanks to some amazing people we do a lot with limited resources. I am committed to increasing our investments in Engineering. Phenomenal ROI is achieved... More

"Good company overall."

Current Employee - Department Supervisor in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Department Supervisor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company growth.
    Good products.
    Good leadership in Operations/Engineering.

Cons

To reactive instead of proactive. (Still learning as a company)
    Sales teams promise more than can be delivered way to often.

Advice to Management

If integrity is a core value of our company, it needs to flow through all levels of management. Managers with direct reports need to be accessed as thoroughly as customer facing agents.

Jul 10, 2017 – Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for mentioning our Values. They are the driving force behind what we do and serve as a guide as to how we do it. I make it a point of being transparent and believe that everything we do... More

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at 8x8 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are smart, friendly and easy to work with in all departments across the org. Leadership is good and knows how to set a vision as well as communicate often. For example, the CEO often sends important updates and really knows how to align the team so we all are moving in the same direction. Pace is fast and people are heads down busy while having fun doing it. Free lunch on Wednesdays. Company is growing quickly and leadership is approachable.

Cons

In some cases, there should be a wfh policy in order to obtain good talent long term.

Jun 28, 2017 – Chief Executive Officer

I have a very simple philosophy with regards to people. Hire the very best you can and then continue to share as much information as possible on all that is going on, good and bad, within the... More

10. "Technical Installation Lead"

Former Employee - Technical Installation Lead in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Installation Lead in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at 8x8 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They give you a lot of training and a lot of support, and there's a clear advancement plan for employees on the tech support and account support side. Decent pay and benefits for entry-level employees.

Also a fairly straight laced white collar cubicle environment. If you're after foam dart guns and ping-pong tables and other silicon valley startup nonsense, this probably isn't the place to find it.

Cons

Sales associates will often promise the moon to new accounts and talk up features that the products you're supporting don't actually have, which leads to angry customers and cancellations. Sales guys are heavily motivated to close and sometimes either don't understand or don't care to understand the products or basic small network concepts, and then it's a TIL's problem to solve once they're in the system.

Jun 28, 2017 – VP, Global Sales Engineering

Thank you for taking the time to provide this valuable feedback. It is my Organization's responsibility to ensure technical sales validation and to make sure we can do what the Sales Rep says that... More