KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Healthcare

10h

a

Mental Health Specialist II

8 years experience in Social Work. Have undergraduate degree in Sports Management and Masters in Social Work. Have taken the Licensing exam 3 times and failed. Will be 31 in January and am wondering whether I should continue this career path. If I did decide on another career path I have no idea what that would be. Currently making around 60k, would be happier in the 70-80 range. Wondering if HealthCare is worth it long term.. Any suggestions?

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The hiring bar here is exactly where it needs to be which contributes to the end result that the people here are amazing.(in 24 reviews)
  • "The core values are felt throughout the company and the transparency is like none I have ever experienced.(in 18 reviews)
  • "The interpersonal culture here is great.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Strong and inspiring leadership(in 14 reviews)
  • "The benefits are great and the office has a tremendous view.(in 10 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 98point6 and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

its a good company but is going through challenges in a very competitive environment

Jun 13, 2022 - Software Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very open environment, basically any idea that might improve a process or thing is considered at all levels. Relatively modern stack and lots of very smart people to grow alongside in your career. Very open about direction and where they're headed as a company.

Cons

Not much to say really, the overall company direction seems to shift a lot which makes people feel a bit uneasy but I generally just attribute that to the competitive nature of the environment. Personally I really enjoy being able to basically do what I want and not be bothered, but if you're looking for pair programming or serious collaboration my experience hasn't been like that but it may vary between teams. On-call.

2. 5.0

Good place to work

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible time Nice coworker 2 weeks of winter break

Cons

No bonus Low 401k matching Some long unnecessary meetings

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interview was intense but good experience and great company.

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastically intelligent people that are driven, kind and efficient.

Cons

Long interview process but worth it. Great place to work!

4. 5.0

Great place to work!

Apr 7, 2022 - Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They core values are really something that is lived each and every day. Everyone is friendly and helpful. It is a company culture that I have been looking for for a long time.

Cons

We need more people to join our team.

5. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 18, 2022 - Engineering Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Talented people who want to improve access to healthcare

Cons

I don't have any cons to report

6. 5.0

Great Culture

Jan 3, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture - Company has core values and references and uses them consistently. They mean what they say. Coming from my previous company where Culture was not important, this was a refreshing change. Transparency - Senior Leadership has high level of transparency. Monthly / Bi-weekly all hands meetings with senior leaders Onboarding - I'm <1 year in, but so far, the ramp up has been reasonable and I haven't felt stress other than what I've put on myself to get up to speed.

Cons

98point6 is still a relatively small and new company. While this is good in many ways, sometimes defaulting to email or slack for communicating something that should be documented long term in wiki/JIRA/etc. happens still.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

Physician culture is supportive and team based

Nov 8, 2021 - Physician in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have flexibility (under the constraints of being a 24/7/365 clinic) in our schedules to a certain extent - much more than brick and mortar. We have a lofty goal of helping make quality health care accessible and affordable so I feel like my reasons for being a physician in the first place really ring true here.

Cons

You have to be resilient and open to change (lots of changes going on , but all toward goals of improving!) Because it's a start up, it's important to be able to be patient and always look at challenges and problems with a critical eye toward realistic, long view solutions.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Still love working here starting year 3!

Oct 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Core values are real, and are part of all company processes (hiring, reviews, day to day) Sense of team were everyone is working together

Cons

Working remote makes certain interactions harder.

9. 5.0

All About the Mission & the People

Sep 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked for 98point6 full time for just over two years and witnessed significant growth, particularly in the last year. Everyone working here believes in our mission and is ready to work hard to deliver it. Blending health care and technology expertise has offers new perspectives to old problems. Employees have a strong sense of ownership in growing the company through individual contributions, and the benefits are quite generous. Our jobs are never boring, and we're challenged each day to collaborate in solving difficult problems together. The medical and product leadership teams are phenomenal; they are some of the smartest and most compassionate, charismatic people I've ever met.

Cons

1) We need to work faster to more thoroughly address disease prevention and chronic disease management, which includes capturing more clinical data and longitudinally tracking outcomes. 2) We need to work faster to not always rely on physicians as the first point of contact for patients; they are our most expensive provider type and forced to engage in visits that don't always require a physician opinion. 3) We need to continually evaluate the risks and benefits of relying on AI and automation. A bot will never replace the patient/provider relationship.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great work environment with some growing pains

Aug 30, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Wonderful people! - Work-life balance is on point - Meaningful product - Inspiring leadership

Cons

- Some growing pains that seem normal compared to other companies of the same age/size (occasional unclear requirements for features, shifting and extensive tech stack)

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews

98point6 Reviews FAQs

98point6 has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 144 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at 98point6 to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -17% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 98point6 employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 98point6. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

71% of 98point6 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 98point6 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 98point6 to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with 98point6 Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at 98point6? Share Your Experiences

98point6 Careers

Cover image for 98point6

From daily meetings to casual conversations, our Core Values are the shared language we use to work more effectively together. They’re at...More

• Benefits
  • Careers

Company Updates

429 days ago

Company News
Remote-friendly at 98point6 Our Seattle headquarters has, and will continue to be, a vibrant place where teammates can come together to celebrate, collaborate and connect. Just as we are reimagining the healthcare experience, we are also redefining our work environment in response to the changing times. This includes transitioning to a remote-friendly model, which we believe offers much-needed flexibility and value to current and future employees. Our roles are now categorized as either Work From Anywhere, Work From Seattle (in-office or at-home) or Full-time In-office. To learn more about the categories various roles fit into, simply select a job posting.
Shared image - Career Opportunities | 98point6
Career Opportunities | 98point6
www.98point6.com

1011 days ago

We're excited and proud to share three major upgrades to our 98point6 parental leave policy. Our primary parental leave has increased from 12 weeks to 18 weeks and our secondary parental leave has increased from 4 weeks to 10 weeks. We’ve also added an “ease in” program where parents are able to return to work on a graduated schedule—helping make their transition back a little bit easier. In addition, we’re introducing a leave share benefit that extends to partners of employees who may not otherwise receive paid time off to care for and bond with their new child. “This policy is one that rivals some of the largest companies in the U.S. and for a company of our size and stage, being able to go the distance and deliver this kind of meaningful benefit to our employees is something we are truly proud of.” -Savanna Thompson, Director of Talent
Shared image