KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of 98point6 and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Many better options out there

Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really great people- unfortunately being taken advantage of and not valued

Cons

The physicians are completely taken advantage of and overworked. Physician retention has been dismal and the leadership finds good docs are easily replaceable. Short sighted strategy and very paternalistic structure with zero transparency.

2 people found this review helpful

98point6 Response

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. Physician satisfaction is one of our top priorities. We conduct regular surveys to understand engagement of our Physicians and the environment of the medical group. We take employee feedback very seriously and work hard to make meaningful improvements based on what we hear from employees. Thank you for raising this concern as it informs me that we can do a better job at communicating our progress and all the initiatives where there is physician involvement. -Lauren Gums, VP of Clinical and Provider Operations

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Avoid this company like the plague!

Jul 9, 2022 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some nice people in a few departments. Remote work is great.

Cons

Financial ruin No transparency Recruited and hired talent recently to only let them go when they couldn’t meet fundraising goals Not financially stable Lack of resources to move the business forward CEO and founder was recently fired Many people have quit recently NO DIVERSITY

7 people found this review helpful

98point6 Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Last week, we had to make the difficult decision to have a reduction in force, ensuring we were focused on the roles needed to achieve our highest priority objectives. While we’re extremely disappointed to say farewell to members of our team, we are still hiring for roles across our medical and technology groups. -Cami Blumenthal, VP of People

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

its a good company but is going through challenges in a very competitive environment

Jun 13, 2022 - Software Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very open environment, basically any idea that might improve a process or thing is considered at all levels. Relatively modern stack and lots of very smart people to grow alongside in your career. Very open about direction and where they're headed as a company.

Cons

Not much to say really, the overall company direction seems to shift a lot which makes people feel a bit uneasy but I generally just attribute that to the competitive nature of the environment. Personally I really enjoy being able to basically do what I want and not be bothered, but if you're looking for pair programming or serious collaboration my experience hasn't been like that but it may vary between teams. On-call.

4. 5.0

Good place to work

May 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible time Nice coworker 2 weeks of winter break

Cons

No bonus Low 401k matching Some long unnecessary meetings

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Interview was intense but good experience and great company.

May 16, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastically intelligent people that are driven, kind and efficient.

Cons

Long interview process but worth it. Great place to work!

6. 3.0

Not for everyone

Apr 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with smart, open minded people. Remote is a plus.

Cons

The culture is too rigid and the company hasn't recovered from last year's leadership upheaval.

5 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ineffective clinical leadership with boys' club attitude and yes-men mentality

Apr 7, 2022 - Physician
    Business Outlook

Pros

The technology is great and it was great to be a part of a company that created an amazing new experience in healthcare. The company was great to work at in the beginning, with strong values and a motivating initial CEO/leader.

Cons

The clinical side was a mess with poor leadership. There are some medical leaders who care only about optics and some who have been promoted without delivered anything successful. There is a command-and-control and boy's club mentality that apparently continues to persist, with senior leaders on the medical side who have no basic management or organization skills creating more confusion and lack of progress. Turf wars impacted real collaboration and progress and, while every every organization has behind the door conversations, you will leave with a sort of PTSD related to that. And if you're a female physician or a minority physician, expect to be addressed by your first name, while your white male and military-associated counterparts are often addressed with their titles or a bro-club collegial nickname. Not that you care about titles, but how can you NOT notice inequity?

12 people found this review helpful

98point6 Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback around leadership attitudes and mentalities. We’re very sorry if this is what you’ve experienced and I’ll be discussing this with our leadership team. -Lauren Gums, VP of Clinical Operations

8. 5.0

Great place to work!

Apr 7, 2022 - Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

They core values are really something that is lived each and every day. Everyone is friendly and helpful. It is a company culture that I have been looking for for a long time.

Cons

We need more people to join our team.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nice colleagues

Mar 30, 2022 - Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team of people to work with

Cons

Salaries, but they are working on that

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Insanely Happy to Be Here

Mar 28, 2022 - Senior Engineering Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

* Work is impactful and makes things better * Continually improving the technology * No meeting Fridays -- didn't realize how nice this is * Focus on async making remote work not punished * Core Values drive the company * Engaging team members * Willingness to change (if there is a proposal to make things better it is often embraced) * Work/Life balance * Everyone cares and wants to make things better -- even 'bad news' was received and people made proposals to make it better in the future

Cons

* Core hours (10-4 PST) is anti-async, but understand * While leadership changes did impact moral, there are still some resourcing issues where teams are lighter than I'd like. There is progress within those areas. * As with most jobs, there is some attrition but this feels like normal

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 132 Reviews

98point6 Reviews FAQs

98point6 has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 144 reviews left anonymously by employees. 71% of employees would recommend working at 98point6 to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -17% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, 98point6 employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at 98point6. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

71% of 98point6 employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated 98point6 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at 98point6 to be career development, benefits, senior leadership and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with 98point6 Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at 98point6? Share Your Experiences

98point6 Careers

Cover image for 98point6

From daily meetings to casual conversations, our Core Values are the shared language we use to work more effectively together. They’re at...More

• Benefits
  • Careers

Company Updates

432 days ago

Company News
Remote-friendly at 98point6 Our Seattle headquarters has, and will continue to be, a vibrant place where teammates can come together to celebrate, collaborate and connect. Just as we are reimagining the healthcare experience, we are also redefining our work environment in response to the changing times. This includes transitioning to a remote-friendly model, which we believe offers much-needed flexibility and value to current and future employees. Our roles are now categorized as either Work From Anywhere, Work From Seattle (in-office or at-home) or Full-time In-office. To learn more about the categories various roles fit into, simply select a job posting.
Shared image - Career Opportunities | 98point6
Career Opportunities | 98point6
www.98point6.com

1013 days ago

We're excited and proud to share three major upgrades to our 98point6 parental leave policy. Our primary parental leave has increased from 12 weeks to 18 weeks and our secondary parental leave has increased from 4 weeks to 10 weeks. We’ve also added an “ease in” program where parents are able to return to work on a graduated schedule—helping make their transition back a little bit easier. In addition, we’re introducing a leave share benefit that extends to partners of employees who may not otherwise receive paid time off to care for and bond with their new child. “This policy is one that rivals some of the largest companies in the U.S. and for a company of our size and stage, being able to go the distance and deliver this kind of meaningful benefit to our employees is something we are truly proud of.” -Savanna Thompson, Director of Talent
Shared image