99 Cents Only Overnight Stocker Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 7 reviews

1.2
99 Cents Only CEO Jack Sinclair
Jack Sinclair
  1. "Its cool. Chill environment. Not that hard of work."

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker in Lomita, CA

I worked at 99 Cents Only part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy Work. Fun Environment. First eyes on produce & merchandise. Coworkers are usually relatable & common interests. Management is manageable & respectful.

Cons

Circles can form or exist. If you're not a part of that circle you may or may not feel comfortable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

99 Cents Only2017-03-06
  2. "Only good if your going to school."

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in North Long Beach, CA

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you manage to be a stocker the early morning hours are good I guess.

Cons

No hours, so tons of overstock they expect you to pretty much do what would take two 8 hour shifts in about 7 hours. On your days off someone else works your aisles makes a mess and put things where they don’t belong then you come in reorganize them and then they ask why was that their to begin with? Um idk I wasn’t here aren’t you the manager? Shouldn’t you know who touched up my aisle and messed it all up? So now... it goes to management horrible horrible horrible. No teamwork pay is low so a constant rotating door of employees who with every right shouldn’t stay since were all getting minimum wage and get this new CEO wants to cut even more hours see how well that goes for you bud ;D

Advice to Management

Help your employees don’t just yell orders and expect things to be done. You can’t expect someone to stock up 5 pallets of product in 7 hours that just ridiculous. If people are calling off then move those hours and let the night crew know hey someone called off can you guys stay 8 hours? That way we get alittle more in our pocket have a little more time to push things out and make more sales it’s not that difficult... to manage Jesus also if we’re working 7 and stay 8 how is that overtime? Lol again the way this company is run is a joke.

99 Cents Only2019-02-07
  3. "Retail Job O/ N stocker"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in La Quinta, CA

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid weekly, good sales. I'm always shopping after my shift.

Cons

No room for advancement. No pay raise anytime soon

Advice to Management

Relax dont be so uptight

99 Cents Only2017-03-03
  4. "bad"

Overnight Stocker in Cathedral Cty, CA

I worked at 99 Cents Only

Pros

overnight, not to complicated work just receive freight , take everything to there aisle

Cons

mostly talk thrash, a lot of back stabbing, terrible benefits

99 Cents Only2015-09-21
  5. "overnight stocker"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in Ventura, CA

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time for more than a year

Pros

the hours are good for me because I work in the night then have the day all to myself.

Cons

the pay is not the best

Advice to Management

pay employees better

99 Cents Only2015-08-23
  6. "Unprofessional all the way"

Current Employee - Overnight Stocker in San Diego, CA

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time for less than a year

Pros

Very easy to get hired

Cons

not enough hours filthy conditions pest/rodent issues Management is unprofessional Low pay for lots of work Favoritism amongst mgrs to employees

Advice to Management

take pride in your store, employees, and yourselves. Stop playing favorites, and pay us what we really deserve. Minimum wage for overnight in these filthy conditions is highly unethical and unacceptable, let alone a health hazard. My manager, who is Hispanic, will speak to us in Spanish, even though she knows we don't understand. Then gets mad because we don't understand. She will tell us that if we don't speak... Spanish, that we will soon... I'm all for learning, but don't make me do it because you are too lazy to communicate twice, if the need were in fact true. Cleanliness is a real big issue at my store. The floor is so disgusting, I have to remove my shoes before going into my home. We need to have scrubbing machines, not just a mop and bucket. That's ridiculous.

99 Cents Only2015-06-26

"Very Flexible"

Former Employee - Overnight Stocker

I worked at 99 Cents Only part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible work schedule. manager very friendly and a lot of great items at low prices.

Cons

Stocking can me very heavy and there is a lot of pressure to get the merchandise out even when there is no room to put it at. The pay is not very good, one of the reasons I left. When the minimum went up to nine dollars an hour I lost what I had worked for when the minimum was eight dollars, my pay was almost at nine. So, I had the same wage a new person had when I knew how to do way more, from reading the flow... charts, doing the seasonal aisle, cycle counts, repacking, inventory, and break pallet seals.

99 Cents Only2015-02-25