99 Cents Only Store Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

3.9
99 Cents Only CEO Jack Sinclair
Jack Sinclair
  1. "Pretty good company and store."

Current Employee - Store Associate

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time for less than a year

Pros

Breaks Lunch Pretty good hours, the hours you get depend on how hard of a worker you are. Friendly co-workers and nice management. Fun job

Cons

Like all retail jobs, you occasionally get 'those' kinds of customers who are rude and complain about things that are silly. Management get transferred a lot. When front end leads / assistant managers / store manager just barely get comfortable with the store and it's employees corporate sends them somewhere else. I don't believe they need to keep sending people other places. Occasionally not enough people are... scheduled. Today only one other associate worked besides me and the closing manager.

Advice to Management

Try to make sure enough people are scheduled each day! It can get pretty overwhelming when there's only one other employee besides myself.

99 Cents Only2018-10-23
  2. "Nothing special, super easy, but super boring. Management was weak and unorganized,"

Former Employee - Store Associate in Santa Clarita, CA

I worked at 99 Cents Only part-time for more than a year

Pros

-Very lenient workplace -Management hated their jobs so they hardly put pressure -very flexible hours

Cons

-lack of organization -store got neglected -spineless managers -employees expected first class items at a dollar store -managers didnt listen to schedule requests

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking, I know its hard and I know you wish you could do better and it is what it is, your bosses dont care about you but you gotta remember your employees depend on you

99 Cents Only2019-06-27

"Store Associate"

Current Employee - Store Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Best local neighborhood store/ company to start a job or as a 2nd job. Can get as much as 36-40 hours in a week if willing to work as needed for part-timers. Medical benefits available!

Cons

Part-time status "forever" (means no paid vacations) no matter how long you've worked there unless you're part of the managements ( ...overnight stockers that were there for a long time gets paid vacations《¿?》 )

Advice to Management

You should see and reward your hardworking employees that are there beside you to help you with your store's accomplishments. Promotions should start from within!

99 Cents Only2017-10-18

"A 99 Cent Worth Experience"

Current Employee - Store Associate in Artesia, CA

I have been working at 99 Cents Only part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work is independent. You work at your own pace. Pay is weekly. Majority of staff is friendly.

Cons

Hours are not consistent Work can be back-breaking. You are almost always on your feet and sometime have to work on your knees. The warehouse is almost never organized. You may or may not have to deal with rats!

Advice to Management

Always communicate with your employees; let us know what we can do to help improve sales so that hours can be more available to us. Don't harass your employees to work faster; it only irritates us and makes us go slower.

99 Cents Only2016-11-04