9Gauge Partners Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2019

Found 7 reviews

4.0
Brian White

"Great Place to Work and Wonderful People"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

9 Gauge uses the Top Grading hiring process and though it is very in depth it is a great approach. You are able to meet more than a handful of employees from all levels and its very helpful to go beyond the surface to determine whether or not you are a good fit. I am very happy to have accepted a position with them and definitely recommend working here because the people are great.

Cons

Not really a con, but the most extensive part of the process is the skills assessment portion... Although timely its really great to assess your skills and see where you are and need to go in your career.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people! ;-)

9Gauge Partners2018-11-21
  2. "Would Not Recommend"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flex work option, good comp / bonuses

Cons

Terrible leadership, no vision on growth, charge clients extremely high rates unnecessarily.

9Gauge Partners2019-07-16
  3. "Great company, still growing"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule and open PTO policy are AMAZING. This alone has improved my quality of life. Internal initiatives to grow people's skill sets. Working with skilled people in a an environment you aren't afraid to ask questions or for help. Flat power structure; it's as easy to speak with a partner as a co-worker.

Cons

Some growing pains lead to mis-communications. Issues forecasting workloads can cause a bit of uncertainty in workloads. These things are being worked-on actively. They management has the right idea. Over the next year or so I expect it to get much better.

Advice to Management

Keep heading where you are heading. Developing the internal systems and information base to allow for larger organization operations.

9Gauge Partners2016-02-09

"Fantastic and Talented People who Love What They Do!"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time

Pros

I have worked at this company for quite some time now, and in the past I have worked for some large corporations.What I see here are people who at times are placed separately, but never are apart. The team has always been available by phone, text, or email to answer any of my questions. The leadership has decades of combined experience in their respective fields and are quite knowledgable in providing insight on financial...

Cons

In a virtual environment, I have trouble meeting up with co-workers on a more regular basis. Also, the company is small for now, so there is no 401k matching.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to bring the team together. The people here are so great that it is a shame we don't see each other more often!

9Gauge Partners2015-04-11

9Gauge Partners Response

April 20, 2016Talent Acquisition

You asked and we listened! Hope you're taking advantage of the 401k we implemented this year. Keep the suggestions coming!

"Great place to work and grow professionally"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

What I love about working for 9Gauge Partners is that you get to work on different projects and areas for multiple clients at the same time. You're not stuck with doing the same thing all year round and learn a lot of new stuff and enhance your professional skills. Plenty of room to grow professionally and lots of flexibility. The team is extremely helpful and knowledgeable and we always help each other out. One of the...

Cons

We don't get to see rest of the team as we all work with different clients. Monthly all-hands meeting is where we get to see other.

9Gauge Partners2015-02-20

"Exciting Work & Fantastic Coworkers"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

The group at 9Gauge is by far the best co-worker experience I have ever had. There is a huge amount of support from top to bottom and a very impressive amount of knowledge and experience. It is a great combination of a team pulling together to do whatever is needed for a client, but at the same time having individual responsibility and accountability. Plus its just a great group of people to be around on a personal...

Cons

As the team is spread out at various client offices, there will be some people on the team that you don't get to work with as often and only catch up with at monthly meetings. Although everyone is always easy to get in touch with, including top management, a lot of that interaction is virtual and not as much face to face as most people are used to.

9Gauge Partners2015-02-06

9Gauge Partners Response

April 1, 2015Marketing Consultant

Thank you for the great review! We're very proud of the amazing talent we have on our team, and we're glad to have you.

7. "Best job ever - and I've had more than a few!!!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From day one, the management has been thoughtful, understanding, and driven. There's an unspoken but felt sense of urgency to deliver. We're growing, clients' demands are constant, and yet we approach each day as a team, with the full support of that trusted team. It's been a phenomenal experience, and I'm looking forward to the future.

Cons

This is different than a corporate role, in that you're forced to balance priorities, schedules, relationships, and personalities across a variety of clients, and internally. This job feature is not for everyone, but for those who are up for it, it's incredibly rewarding. Is that a con?

Advice to Management

Stay focused on client service delivery and hiring amazing people. As we grow, we need to think hard about what we want to do, not only what we can do.

9Gauge Partners2014-04-11