9Gauge Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

9Gauge Partners Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2019

Found 49 reviews

4.7
9Gauge Partners CEO Brian White (no image)
Brian White

"Rich and rewarding Culture - and they mean it!"

Current Employee - Director in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Well organized, healthy, and process driven organization. Partners are genuine and thoughtful business leaders. So many opportunities to engage with colleagues across all divisions, levels and locations.

Cons

Firm is in the middle of major growth - just stay ahead of the workload and keep to your core!

Advice to Management

Continue building a strong, thoughtful, and caring environment as you grow.

9Gauge Partners2019-09-09

September 10, 2019Human Resources

We are so glad you are happy at 9Gauge! We appreciate the feedback and will make sure to focus on our company culture as we continue to grow the firm!

2. "This is an amazing place to work!!!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many, but first is the leadership team. They don't just talk, they walk the walk, they treat everyone fairly, like family and encourage and inspire their employees to do the best job they can. It's a pleasure coming to work every day! Work/Life balance is off the charts!!!

Cons

NONE - NOT 1 that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing to grow this amazing company, and keep up the great work at hiring the best of the best

9Gauge Partners2019-08-09

"9G is an incredible and visionary firm."

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners

Pros

Professional Growth Opportunities and a wonderful culture.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind as it is an incredible place to work!

9Gauge Partners2019-04-18

"Great company!"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time

Pros

Work/life balance, good pay, great colleagues, good career challenge, excellent clients

Cons

Consulting is not for everyone...takes some unique skills

9Gauge Partners2019-04-04

"CFO"

Former Employee - Chief Financial Officer in Austin, TX

I worked at 9Gauge Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible team, great clients, opportunities to learn and advance

Cons

Challenge to juggle multiple small clients and maintain utilization

Advice to Management

You've already started pairing back the high needs, low budget, small clients. Keep up that change and keep doing what you're doing. Now as a former employee and new client, I can see the competitive advantage you have in the market and the difference in service that the 9Gauge model really provides.

9Gauge Partners2018-12-28

"Great Place to Work and Wonderful People"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

9 Gauge uses the Top Grading hiring process and though it is very in depth it is a great approach. You are able to meet more than a handful of employees from all levels and its very helpful to go beyond the surface to determine whether or not you are a good fit. I am very happy to have accepted a position with them and definitely recommend working here because the people are great.

Cons

Not really a con, but the most extensive part of the process is the skills assessment portion... Although timely its really great to assess your skills and see where you are and need to go in your career.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people! ;-)

9Gauge Partners2018-11-21

"Senior Manager"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time

Pros

Great leadership team. New and challenging problems to tackle on clients and in-house. Great team of collaborators, everyone helps each other and is willing to jump in to solve problems. New health benefits, employee is 100% covered by company.

Cons

The company is growing quickly which creates a unique set of difficulties not suited to all candidates.

9Gauge Partners2018-11-19

November 27, 2018Human Resources

Glad to hear you have a wonderful team to support you. We have a lengthy interview process to ensure that we bring great people into the firm. We are very proud to offer 100% covered employee benefits! A huge win for our team.

"Great team and great culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time

Pros

Great colleagues. The best team I've ever worked with! Never boring. Lots of opportunities to learn and get exposure to new things.

Cons

For some people the multi-talking and shifting priorities can be a challenge, but for the right person it's fun and exciting and provides so much growth potential.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9Gauge Partners2018-10-31

"Sr. Associate"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time

Pros

Flexibility and Work-Life Balance, support from Senior Management, great co-workers and strong company culture.

Cons

The consulting lifestyle is not for everyone, and like any job, it can be challenging at times. However, the support of fellow co-workers and Senior Management makes all the difference!

9Gauge Partners2018-06-10

June 11, 2018Human Resources

Thanks for the feedback. We are very glad that you feel your teams support you!

"Great company, challenging work, supportive work environment"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

9Gauge Partners provides the opportunity to gain work experience over a many industry types. Employees work as consultants, in teams or alone, so managing your time effectively is a must. This company is great for those who like to multi-task, are able to problem-solve with the client's best interest in mind, and are okay playing up or down the range of personal skill set based on client need. The work culture... here is one of respect and caring. I have yet to work with someone who isn't highly intelligent, or doesn't pull their weight on a team. Definitely a great place to do some interesting and quality work!

Cons

If you are not comfortable working on a variety of clients most of the time, then this is not the environment for you. As accountants we like to control processes, and see projects through start to finish, but as consultants we are often just a piece of the puzzle and this can be difficult for those who have come from an industry-specific background, or from one large company to know working on multiple companies... of various size.

Advice to Management

Management is actively striving for improvement, even though the company is quite good as it is. The efforts are seen through various culture initiatives, survey/feedback, open-door policy at all levels, and the general tone of respect throughout the company.

9Gauge Partners2017-11-16

December 20, 2017Human Resources

Hi Anonymous! Thanks for taking the time to let us know what you think of 9Gauge. We are always striving to do better and your input is invaluable. Thanks again!

Found 49 reviews