9Gauge Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 9, 2019

Found 49 reviews

4.7
Brian White
  1. "Best finance gig in Texas!"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time

Pros

Amazing team of finance and accounting professionals with deep industry and consulting experience. We get to work with numerous tech start-ups and mid market companies across every operational aspect of finance, accounting and M&A. We bring our collective team experience and knowledge to solve client solutions and gain more and more operational experience along the way (a win, win!!). Our team shares a passion for...

Cons

The virtual office concept may not be for everybody. I personally adapted to it pretty quickly having come from a global consulting firm and love it! We have conference rooms (e.g., Regus) around towns which we can use for client and team meetings that are great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the continuous pursuit of finding and attracting top talent and working hard to keep the spirit of our firm close at heart as we continue to grow!

9Gauge Partners2014-03-29
  2. "Great company with great emphasis on work life balance"

Current Employee - Accounting Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

9Gauge offers an Incredibly flexible schedule and lots of opportunities to learn. They are extremely thorough in their hiring process which results in well-qualified employees that respect each other and work well together. The client base is incredibly interestiing which makes for a challenging, fun work environment. Management emphasizes the importance of family and truly means it. It's a great place to work

Cons

No office - everything is virtual.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - 9Gauge is a great place to work

9Gauge Partners2014-03-28
  3. "Current Employee: Excellent place to work and gain experience"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, supportive management and amazing coworkers.

Cons

None. I wouldn't change anything about the company!

Advice to Management

Thank you!

9Gauge Partners2014-03-28
  4. "Work with really smart people who leave their egos checked at the door"

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company goes out of it's way to hire really intelligent people who fit the culture of a true team. Every team member walks around with a sincere smile on their face and goes out of their way to support our customers and each other.

Cons

Since almost everyone is deployed at a client site, we're pretty much a virtual environment however management holds a monthly all hands meeting to get everyone together which helps build relationships and camaraderie.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Every time someone I speak to learns I'm at 9Gauge it amazes me they've already heard of us and the incredible reputation we have.

9Gauge Partners2014-03-28
  5. "Great flexibility and work life balance."

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners

Pros

At 9Gauge you have the ability to learn and grow professionally while working on a variety of clients. We also have great flexibility. Management truly cares about the team. We have a great team with different backgrounds and experience.

Cons

We have a virtual environment and are often working from home or having meetings at a coffee shop. Co-workers are great resources, but you may be working on projects on your own. Given the nature of client service, there are times where you will be expected to work late nights and weekends to meet a client request/deadline.

Advice to Management

We have a great team, we should get together more often.

9Gauge Partners2014-04-11
  6. "Great group of intelligent, hard-working, team-oriented people."

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners

Pros

The best part of working at 9Gauge is really feeling part of a team where people go out of their way to have each other's back and to share their diverse areas of knowledge and expertise. And working with different clients is great for always having new interesting and challenging work to do.

Cons

Communication in a virtual office environment can be more difficult than it would be in a physical office. As a small company, HR policies and benefits are still developing, but continue to evolve.

9Gauge Partners2014-04-07
  7. "dream job"

Current Employee - Consultant Chief Financial Officer in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

very collaborative, great values, great teammates, learn something new every week

Cons

schedule can get a bit fast paced

Advice to Management

think how can I be a great resource to employees

9Gauge Partners2014-03-31
  8. "9Gauge has allowed me to grow professionally in a dynamic environment."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners for more than a year

Pros

9Gauge provides excellent opportunities to work with a variety of companies. Employees are encouraged to share knowledge which creates a synergy of ideas to help develop best practices for our clients.

Cons

I think one of the drawbacks of the company is that it doesn't have a physical office that would allow co-workers to have team meetings in a confidential setting.

9Gauge Partners2014-03-27

"9Gauge is amazing...a team of Accounting and Finance Rockstars!"

Current Employee -

I have been working at 9Gauge Partners full-time

Pros

Our people are what makes 9Gauge so great. Everyone here is an A-player, we are all excited to work here, and we all work together as a team, learn from one another, and always have each other's backs. We work with scaling Austin companies and entrepreneurs, we have excellent career development opportunities, and we still have flexibility and work-life balance.

Cons

The biggest challenge of working here is probably that we don't all get to see one another often enough, as we're usually working at different client sites, or remotely. (But there are perks to this as well)!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Management's commitment to integrity and values are evident from the top down.

9Gauge Partners2014-02-26