A-1 Home Care Reviews

Updated Dec 11, 2021

Found 16 of over 18 reviews

3.9
A-1 Home Care President Sue Dagdagan (no image)
Sue Dagdagan
1 Rating
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Nice Place

Apr 20, 2021 - Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a developer, I see no micro-management

Cons

pay is sort of low side

2. 1.0

poor office management

Dec 11, 2021 - Home Health Caregiver in Boise, ID
    Business Outlook

Pros

get to help people that need your assistance

Cons

Since my day of hire I haven't receive a pay stub. They only pay by direct deposit and everything else is a mystery. I've asked for my paystubs numerous times and the office staff acts like I've never asked for them. No clue what my hourly wage is.

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Very understanding that "stuff happens" in life!

Jan 23, 2020 - Home Health Caregiver in Bonne Terre, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office staff are really great!

Cons

They call ALOT! And dont stop calling

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Not the worst place Ive worked

Sep 25, 2019 - Advanced Care Giver in Bonne Terre, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pick your hours, pick your clients, take as much work as you want.

Cons

Some clients are awful. Some staff in the office arnt very professional. And for the monthly meetings, they cram all the employees in a tiny room.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Unity is strength and when there is collaborative teamwork ; wonderful things can be achieved.

Sep 1, 2014 - Billings Clerk in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best qualities about working with A-1 Home Care is the profound teamwork . The team progresses in daily tasks and achieves over the top of what is to be met. The office is very professional and structured. It is in fact the type of work space an individual like myself enjoys being amongst. in addition to the apparent team system in the office , everyone is friendly with a family like nature. This type of ambiance is applied with our old and new clients as well old and new caregivers that join our team. Working in this type of industry reveals the best in you; seeking the best care for elderly or young clients is priority and very rewarding. I have gained great attributes and skills working at A-1 Home Care. Everyone is very respectful, professional and at the end of day the satisfaction of helping the individuals teaming with A-1 Home Care is gratifying.

Cons

It is important to transact information and changes on a daily basis and apply it to your daily tasks. If you are not in a state to be mentally challenged where as to be challenged is to grow then overall it will not be for some. Working in a healthcare industry , the needs of others come first.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A+ for A-1 Home Care

Aug 27, 2014 - Senior Writer in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It has been a fun experience working with everyone here. In addition to generating content for the company's blog, I also have gained very valuable experience in working with caregivers and clients. The synergy here is amazing – all the staff members are very professional and pleasant to work with. Working in the home care industry has opened my eyes to see the needs of the elderly community. Senior issues with health and home care abound, and when I talk to my friends who have aging parents, many of them don’t know that home care services actually exist! It feels good to be able to share resources that could help others.

Cons

If you have the "bare minimum" mentality, you will not survive in this fast-paced environment. There is a high volume of work with constant flow of visitors coming in and out. You have to be assertive and ask questions. Being proactive is the key to success here.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

One of the best companies I've ever worked with.

Aug 25, 2014 - Marketing/Case Manager in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A-1 Home Care Agency is a professional caregiving agency that gives it's clients top notch service and works hard at placing only the best and most qualified care providers in client's homes. I've worked here for over 5 years and have learned a lot about the home care industry and customer service. Management is very supportive and encourages staff to contribute ideas on marketing and ways to improve daily tasks and customer service. The entire staff, from entry level to management works as a team for the benefit of clients, caregivers and the homecare agency.

Cons

This is not a job for those wanting a 9 - 5 work schedule. Like any position in the health care industry, client's needs come before anything else. We are open 7 days a week and holidays. All staff members know work schedules are set fairly and to provide proper coverage to best serve customer's needs.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Over 11 Years With A-1 Home Care

Aug 22, 2014 - Accounts Manager in Santa Fe Springs, Optional[CA]
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with A-1 Home Care for over 11 years. It has been wonderful being a part of a company with a common goal at heart which is to help others in need. It has been a great learning experience seeking new and innovative ways to reach out to the different communities throughout Southern California and offer our assistance. The work environment has always been very pleasant and accommodating. I could not have asked for anything more than the exceptional team that I am currently a part of.

Cons

The most challenging part of being part of working in this industry is learning how to cater to the different needs and personalities of our clientele. Although, having been with the company for 11+ years has certainly garnered me with the expertise needed to adapt and easily fulfill the needs of our many clients.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for and great people to work with.

Oct 16, 2014 - Web Programmer in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working at A-1 Home Care for 8 months now as a Web Programmer. My time with A-1 Home Care has been great. At that time I have been learning and strengthening my skills. I can say that A-1 Home Care helped me developed in great ways. The Co-workers here are great. Everyone here are great and compassionate about their work. We help each other as much as we can.

Cons

Some projects can be a challenge because time moves fast while you work, you have to be on your feet and complete those tasks. That is the challenge in this field. For some a challenge is great, for others it is not. I enjoy the challenge.

10. 5.0

A-1 Home Care Employee Review

Sep 3, 2015 - Office Assistant in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a delight to be working with A-1 Home Care. We all work together as a company and strive for success. I enjoy the atmosphere here. I am a receptionist and will always manage to try my best to solve the publics needs. As a company it is our best interest to accommodate your needs and find you a solution. We care about our clients and want to give you the best experience as possible.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment and at times can be challenging; but luckily our company is a team and we all help each other when needed. Projects can get tough but with our helpful management we can accomplish our challenges.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews