A-1 Home Care Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2020

4.1
A-1 Home Care President Sue Dagdagan (no image)
Sue Dagdagan
0 Rating
  1. "Very understanding that "stuff happens" in life!"

Former Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Bonne Terre, MO

I worked at A-1 Home Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

The office staff are really great!

Cons

They call ALOT! And dont stop calling

2. "Good Experience"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Contractor - Home Health Aide

I worked at A-1 Home Care for more than a year

Pros

Willing to take newly licensed CNA's Good way to gain experience with caring for people with chronic disorders

Cons

You have to be okay with a flexible schedule in case your relief nurse gets there late, which happened plenty of times. Then it is really your decision to bring it up to management and hope that they can find a resolution in time without you having to ask the nurse directly to arrive on time.

3. "Not the worst place Ive worked"

4.0
    Current Employee - Advanced Care Giver in Bonne Terre, MO

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time

Pros

Pick your hours, pick your clients, take as much work as you want.

Cons

Some clients are awful. Some staff in the office arnt very professional. And for the monthly meetings, they cram all the employees in a tiny room.

4. "The CEO Asks Her Employees To Make These Reviews..."

1.0

I worked at A-1 Home Care part-time

Pros

And since she asks that we notify her when we make them, the employees are obligated to make positive reviews. The only good thing about this place was that it's just ok. In fact, it's less than ok.

Cons

The CEO is easy to blame other people her own mistakes. She is old school, is not super tech savvy. Additionally she claims to make everyone wear uniforms and arrive 5 minutes prior to their shifts, but is always making exceptions to the IT folks. The office is boring, the culture is nonexistant and she doesn't appreciate the hard work that people put in, which in turn encourages them to have low morale and low motivation. I got a one dollar raise after 1 year and a month before I left, i noticed that my last paycheck did not have the raise applied. I was grateful to leave and too fed up to go back and say anything.

"Beware"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at A-1 Home Care part-time for more than a year

Pros

Office plaza has private parking Restrooms are a short walk from the office

Cons

Owner micro-manages EVERYTHING, requires multiple reports per day of what you worked on. Office is small, have to share desks/computer stations Short lunch breaks, nothing nearby to grab lunch so it's hard to enjoy.. Food isn't allowed in the office and there isn't anywhere outside to sit either.

"Toxic work environment"

1.0
    Office Worker in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at A-1 Home Care

Pros

The interview is really easy. The boss hires a lot of people out of college, with no experience. You don't have to stay extra hours.

Cons

The environment is toxic. Office employees are discouraged from talking to each other. Employees are verbally abused and made to follow rules created at random. During my time there, I witnessed three people dramatically quit on the spot, one of whom was crying. Pay is terrible.

Continue reading
  7. "A-1 Home Care Employee Review"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

It is a delight to be working with A-1 Home Care. We all work together as a company and strive for success. I enjoy the atmosphere here. I am a receptionist and will always manage to try my best to solve the publics needs. As a company it is our best interest to accommodate your needs and find you a solution. We care about our clients and want to give you the best experience as possible.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment and at times can be challenging; but luckily our company is a team and we all help each other when needed. Projects can get tough but with our helpful management we can accomplish our challenges.

8. "A-1 Is Leader Of The Pack"

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time

Pros

I have been employed with some great companies in the past. A-1 Home Care is definitely the leader in the Home Care industry. The fact that A-1 has been in business for over 23 years makes my job amazing. I would not represent a company that produced anything less than excellence and integrity. There is a passion here to help families, I love this place more every day.

Cons

not sure if this counts as a con but here is goes: CON: The catered staff birthday parties and award luncheons are making have to go to the gym more. #Lascaris #italianfoodandcake

Continue reading
  9. "Great company to work for and great people to work with."

Current Employee - Web Programmer in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at A-1 Home Care for 8 months now as a Web Programmer. My time with A-1 Home Care has been great. At that time I have been learning and strengthening my skills. I can say that A-1 Home Care helped me developed in great ways. The Co-workers here are great. Everyone here are great and compassionate about their work. We help each other as much as we can.

Cons

Some projects can be a challenge because time moves fast while you work, you have to be on your feet and complete those tasks. That is the challenge in this field. For some a challenge is great, for others it is not. I enjoy the challenge.

10. "Unity is strength and when there is collaborative teamwork ; wonderful things can be achieved."

Current Employee - Billings Clerk in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best qualities about working with A-1 Home Care is the profound teamwork . The team progresses in daily tasks and achieves over the top of what is to be met. The office is very professional and structured. It is in fact the type of work space an individual like myself enjoys being amongst. in addition to the apparent team system in the office , everyone is friendly with a family like nature. This type of ambiance is applied with our old and new clients as well old and new caregivers that join our team. Working in this type of industry reveals the best in you; seeking the best care for elderly or young clients is priority and very rewarding. I have gained great attributes and skills working at A-1 Home Care. Everyone is very respectful, professional and at the end of day the satisfaction of helping the individuals teaming with A-1 Home Care is gratifying.

Cons

It is important to transact information and changes on a daily basis and apply it to your daily tasks. If you are not in a state to be mentally challenged where as to be challenged is to grow then overall it will not be for some. Working in a healthcare industry , the needs of others come first.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 English Reviews