A-1 Home Care Reviews

Updated Jan 30, 2021

4.2
A-1 Home Care President Sue Dagdagan (no image)
Sue Dagdagan
0 Rating
  1. "Very understanding that "stuff happens" in life!"

Former Employee - Home Health Caregiver in Bonne Terre, MO

I worked at A-1 Home Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

The office staff are really great!

Cons

They call ALOT! And dont stop calling

2. "Good Experience"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Contractor - Home Health Aide

I worked at A-1 Home Care for more than a year

Pros

Willing to take newly licensed CNA's Good way to gain experience with caring for people with chronic disorders

Cons

You have to be okay with a flexible schedule in case your relief nurse gets there late, which happened plenty of times. Then it is really your decision to bring it up to management and hope that they can find a resolution in time without you having to ask the nurse directly to arrive on time.

3. "Not the worst place Ive worked"

4.0
    Current Employee - Advanced Care Giver in Bonne Terre, MO

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time

Pros

Pick your hours, pick your clients, take as much work as you want.

Cons

Some clients are awful. Some staff in the office arnt very professional. And for the monthly meetings, they cram all the employees in a tiny room.

4. "The CEO Asks Her Employees To Make These Reviews..."

1.0

I worked at A-1 Home Care part-time

Pros

And since she asks that we notify her when we make them, the employees are obligated to make positive reviews. The only good thing about this place was that it's just ok. In fact, it's less than ok.

Cons

The CEO is easy to blame other people her own mistakes. She is old school, is not super tech savvy. Additionally she claims to make everyone wear uniforms and arrive 5 minutes prior to their shifts, but is always making exceptions to the IT folks. The office is boring, the culture is nonexistant and she doesn't appreciate the hard work that people put in, which in turn encourages them to have low morale and low motivation. I got a one dollar raise after 1 year and a month before I left, i noticed that my last paycheck did not have the raise applied. I was grateful to leave and too fed up to go back and say anything.

Continue reading

"One of the best companies I've ever worked with."

Current Employee - Marketing/Case Manager in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A-1 Home Care Agency is a professional caregiving agency that gives it's clients top notch service and works hard at placing only the best and most qualified care providers in client's homes. I've worked here for over 5 years and have learned a lot about the home care industry and customer service. Management is very supportive and encourages staff to contribute ideas on marketing and ways to improve daily tasks and customer service. The entire staff, from entry level to management works as a team for the benefit of clients, caregivers and the homecare agency.

Cons

This is not a job for those wanting a 9 - 5 work schedule. Like any position in the health care industry, client's needs come before anything else. We are open 7 days a week and holidays. All staff members know work schedules are set fairly and to provide proper coverage to best serve customer's needs.

6. "Over 11 Years With A-1 Home Care"

Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have worked with A-1 Home Care for over 11 years. It has been wonderful being a part of a company with a common goal at heart which is to help others in need. It has been a great learning experience seeking new and innovative ways to reach out to the different communities throughout Southern California and offer our assistance. The work environment has always been very pleasant and accommodating. I could not have asked for anything more than the exceptional team that I am currently a part of.

Cons

The most challenging part of being part of working in this industry is learning how to cater to the different needs and personalities of our clientele. Although, having been with the company for 11+ years has certainly garnered me with the expertise needed to adapt and easily fulfill the needs of our many clients.

7. "Great Company, and great atmosphere"

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a receptionists for A-1 Home Care and I must say that I really enjoy working for this company. Management encourages growth and development which is always plus. I am a college student pursing a degree in Communicative Disorders and working for A-1 Home Care has supplied me with the tools and knowledge I need, to be successful even after I graduate. My co-workers are amazing and extremely passionate about finding caregivers for our clients.

Cons

If you aren't punctual, positive and caring this job is not for you. Besides that, I really enjoy working at A-1 Home Care.

8. "A+ for A-1 Home Care"

Current Employee - Senior Writer in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care full-time for more than a year

Pros

It has been a fun experience working with everyone here. In addition to generating content for the company's blog, I also have gained very valuable experience in working with caregivers and clients. The synergy here is amazing – all the staff members are very professional and pleasant to work with. Working in the home care industry has opened my eyes to see the needs of the elderly community. Senior issues with health and home care abound, and when I talk to my friends who have aging parents, many of them don’t know that home care services actually exist! It feels good to be able to share resources that could help others.

Cons

If you have the "bare minimum" mentality, you will not survive in this fast-paced environment. There is a high volume of work with constant flow of visitors coming in and out. You have to be assertive and ask questions. Being proactive is the key to success here.

9. "Unity is strength and when there is collaborative teamwork ; wonderful things can be achieved."

Current Employee - Billings Clerk in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care full-time for less than a year

Pros

One of the best qualities about working with A-1 Home Care is the profound teamwork . The team progresses in daily tasks and achieves over the top of what is to be met. The office is very professional and structured. It is in fact the type of work space an individual like myself enjoys being amongst. in addition to the apparent team system in the office , everyone is friendly with a family like nature. This type of ambiance is applied with our old and new clients as well old and new caregivers that join our team. Working in this type of industry reveals the best in you; seeking the best care for elderly or young clients is priority and very rewarding. I have gained great attributes and skills working at A-1 Home Care. Everyone is very respectful, professional and at the end of day the satisfaction of helping the individuals teaming with A-1 Home Care is gratifying.

Cons

It is important to transact information and changes on a daily basis and apply it to your daily tasks. If you are not in a state to be mentally challenged where as to be challenged is to grow then overall it will not be for some. Working in a healthcare industry , the needs of others come first.

10. "Great company to work for and great people to work with."

Current Employee - Web Programmer in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at A-1 Home Care for 8 months now as a Web Programmer. My time with A-1 Home Care has been great. At that time I have been learning and strengthening my skills. I can say that A-1 Home Care helped me developed in great ways. The Co-workers here are great. Everyone here are great and compassionate about their work. We help each other as much as we can.

Cons

Some projects can be a challenge because time moves fast while you work, you have to be on your feet and complete those tasks. That is the challenge in this field. For some a challenge is great, for others it is not. I enjoy the challenge.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 English Reviews