A-1 Home Care Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A-1 Is Leader Of The Pack"

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time

Pros

I have been employed with some great companies in the past. A-1 Home Care is definitely the leader in the Home Care industry. The fact that A-1 has been in business for over 23 years makes my job amazing. I would not represent a company that produced anything less than excellence and integrity. There is a passion here to help families, I love this place more every day.

Cons

not sure if this counts as a con but here is goes: CON: The catered staff birthday parties and award luncheons are making have to go to the gym more. #Lascaris #italianfoodandcake

Advice to Management

Your compassion for families sets your company apart. Continue to share your heart and vision.

"Beware"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at A-1 Home Care part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office plaza has private parking

Restrooms are a short walk from the office

Cons

Owner micro-manages EVERYTHING, requires multiple reports per day of what you worked on.

Office is small, have to share desks/computer stations

Short lunch breaks, nothing nearby to grab lunch so it's hard to enjoy.. Food isn't allowed in the office and there isn't anywhere outside to sit either.

3. "Toxic work environment"

Former Employee - Office Worker in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Office Worker in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The interview is really easy. The boss hires a lot of people out of college, with no experience. You don't have to stay extra hours.

Cons

The environment is toxic. Office employees are discouraged from talking to each other. Employees are verbally abused and made to follow rules created at random. During my time there, I witnessed three people dramatically quit on the spot, one of whom was crying. Pay is terrible.

Advice to Management

I don't want to throw anyone under the bus, so I'll keep things general. The people you hire are really unhappy. Trust them to know how to do their work instead of micromanaging everything. Create more opportunities for advancement. Offer raises that are more than $1/hr every few years.

4. "A-1 Home Care Employee Review"

Current Employee - Office Assistant in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a delight to be working with A-1 Home Care. We all work together as a company and strive for success. I enjoy the atmosphere here. I am a receptionist and will always manage to try my best to solve the publics needs. As a company it is our best interest to accommodate your needs and find you a solution. We care about our clients and want to give you the best experience as possible.

Cons

It is a fast paced environment and at times can be challenging; but luckily our company is a team and we all help each other when needed. Projects can get tough but with our helpful management we can accomplish our challenges.

5. "Great company to work for and great people to work with."

Current Employee - Web Programmer in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Web Programmer in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at A-1 Home Care for 8 months now as a Web Programmer. My time with A-1 Home Care has been great. At that time I have been learning and strengthening my skills. I can say that A-1 Home Care helped me developed in great ways. The Co-workers here are great. Everyone here are great and compassionate about their work. We help each other as much as we can.

Cons

Some projects can be a challenge because time moves fast while you work, you have to be on your feet and complete those tasks. That is the challenge in this field. For some a challenge is great, for others it is not. I enjoy the challenge.

6. "Unity is strength and when there is collaborative teamwork ; wonderful things can be achieved."

Current Employee - Billings Clerk in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Billings Clerk in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best qualities about working with A-1 Home Care is the profound teamwork . The team progresses in daily tasks and achieves over the top of what is to be met. The office is very professional and structured. It is in fact the type of work space an individual like myself enjoys being amongst. in addition to the apparent team system in the office , everyone is friendly with a family like nature. This type of ambiance is applied with our old and new clients as well old and new caregivers that join our team. Working in this type of industry reveals the best in you; seeking the best care for elderly or young clients is priority and very rewarding. I have gained great attributes and skills working at A-1 Home Care. Everyone is very respectful, professional and at the end of day the satisfaction of helping the individuals teaming with A-1 Home Care is gratifying.

Cons

It is important to transact information and changes on a daily basis and apply it to your daily tasks. If you are not in a state to be mentally challenged where as to be challenged is to grow then overall it will not be for some. Working in a healthcare industry , the needs of others come first.

"One of the best companies I've ever worked with."

Current Employee - Marketing/Case Manager in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing/Case Manager in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A-1 Home Care Agency is a professional caregiving agency that gives it's clients top notch service and works hard at placing only the best and most qualified care providers in client's homes.

I've worked here for over 5 years and have learned a lot about the home care industry and customer service. Management is very supportive and encourages staff to contribute ideas on marketing and ways to improve daily tasks and customer service. The entire staff, from entry level to management works as a team for the benefit of clients, caregivers and the homecare agency.

Cons

This is not a job for those wanting a 9 - 5 work schedule. Like any position in the health care industry, client's needs come before anything else. We are open 7 days a week and holidays. All staff members know work schedules are set fairly and to provide proper coverage to best serve customer's needs.

8. "A+ for A-1 Home Care"

Current Employee - Senior Writer in Santa Fe Springs, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Writer in Santa Fe Springs, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It has been a fun experience working with everyone here. In addition to generating content for the company's blog, I also have gained very valuable experience in working with caregivers and clients. The synergy here is amazing – all the staff members are very professional and pleasant to work with. Working in the home care industry has opened my eyes to see the needs of the elderly community. Senior issues with health and home care abound, and when I talk to my friends who have aging parents, many of them don’t know that home care services actually exist! It feels good to be able to share resources that could help others.

Cons

If you have the "bare minimum" mentality, you will not survive in this fast-paced environment. There is a high volume of work with constant flow of visitors coming in and out. You have to be assertive and ask questions. Being proactive is the key to success here.

9. "Over 11 Years With A-1 Home Care"

Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Accounts Manager in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at A-1 Home Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked with A-1 Home Care for over 11 years. It has been wonderful being a part of a company with a common goal at heart which is to help others in need. It has been a great learning experience seeking new and innovative ways to reach out to the different communities throughout Southern California and offer our assistance. The work environment has always been very pleasant and accommodating. I could not have asked for anything more than the exceptional team that I am currently a part of.

Cons

The most challenging part of being part of working in this industry is learning how to cater to the different needs and personalities of our clientele. Although, having been with the company for 11+ years has certainly garnered me with the expertise needed to adapt and easily fulfill the needs of our many clients.

10. "Great Company, and great atmosphere"

I have been working at A-1 Home Care part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am a receptionists for A-1 Home Care and I must say that I really enjoy working for this company. Management encourages growth and development which is always plus. I am a college student pursing a degree in Communicative Disorders and working for A-1 Home Care has supplied me with the tools and knowledge I need, to be successful even after I graduate. My co-workers are amazing and extremely passionate about finding caregivers for our clients.

Cons

If you aren't punctual, positive and caring this job is not for you. Besides that, I really enjoy working at A-1 Home Care.