A.C. Moore Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pepe Piperno

Pros
  • Good employee discount (20% off) (in 37 reviews)

• Flexible scheduling when you have personal things come up, and they are pretty good about giving you the number of hours you would like (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Low Pay, management is unsure of itself (in 20 reviews)

• Company has no concern for a work/life balance (in 9 reviews)

"Great people, but not great pay"

Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Lehigh Acres, FL
    Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Lehigh Acres, FL

I have been working at A.C. Moore full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has great talent, love the coworkers

Cons

Hourly pay is not on pace with the amount of tasks expected

Advice to Management

Pay hourly associates better, compensate the talent, and it would be the perfect place to work.

2. "Assistant General Manager"

I have been working at A.C. Moore full-time

Pros

great management support
    great support from corporate staff
    always changing and adapting

Cons

job requires 47 hours a week, more during holidays
    requires 2 doubles every week (12 hour days)

3. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bensalem, PA

I worked at A.C. Moore part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a very fun place to work. You got to meet all the customers and talk with them in what they were looking for.

Cons

When seasonal(Christmas) comes around you work with items that have glitter.

"Front End Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I worked at A.C. Moore part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sharing ideas and helping people hand-make items was incredibly fun, I enjoyed solving peoples crafting problems and helping with their projects by recommending products or instructions.

Cons

The company has a coupon and return policy that is fairly reasonable but many customers would get upset and take it out on customer service. Some customers got downright mean, and some managers will not back you up on company policy, so you will look like a bad guy.

Advice to Management

Use google calendar for scheduling, if you write a new schedule the day of a snow day, release everyone early and don't email anyone or call, all of your employees will show up to work the days written on the last schedule they saw.

Additionally, the position of Front End Specialist should be a Supervisor position, I was essentially the manager of eight cashiers at this position, scheduling their breaks, organizing who was on register, who was price checking and who was in what department, but the position was not classified as a supervisor so the pay was less.

"A lot of work for what is paid"

Current Employee - Front End Supervisor in Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Front End Supervisor in Middletown, NY

I have been working at A.C. Moore full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some customers are very sweet, requesting days off is never an issue

Cons

Basically in charge of all cashiers, if there is an issue it is impossible to get a manager or help. Store is usually under staffed

"Store Associate"

I have been working at A.C. Moore full-time

Pros

Discount on top of coupons

Cons

Poor training and very disorganized

Advice to Management

Make sure there are enough employees scheduled to always have full coverage on the floor

"No benefits, but good human interaction."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at A.C. Moore part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like people you get to meet alot of them.

Cons

You don't get benefits and its extremely hard to become a full time employees. Favorites get siniority in uper pay positions. The Christmas bonus does not make a difference. Pay goes extremely slowly up.

"No work life balance"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at A.C. Moore full-time

Pros

Good customers, great product, a company going through changes with a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Old school schedules long hours, 6 days a week. 2 open to close shifts per week. AGMs work 3 - 9 hrs and 2 12 hr days. Better be good at pushing freight all day every day.

Advice to Management

Develop the people coach to performance, better structure and organization and your managers could build the stores instead of being over paid stockers.

"Berlin Distribution center"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin Township, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin Township, NJ

Pros

They offer benefits when you work at the warehouse. Problem is they are at a high weekly cost and a high deductible. Sorry that was a con

Cons

From the top to the bottom this place is so incompetent. Management, leads, supervisors, and HR. U can go on and on about the things I have had to endure here. There is rascism, and favoritism so rampant here. There are so many instances I and other ppl I no haven't been treated fairly because of the color of our skin. There is suppose to be a fair rotation on assignments, yet there r too many times I have gotten the hardest work because I was white. I never get anything remotely easy to do only the favorites and the people that aren't white. There are leads that curse at you speak derogatory and also speak inappropriately about how they are going to have to ties down another manger and have sex with him in front of her husband. I mean this is just the tip of the issues I have seen at ACMOORE WAREHOUSE in Berlin NJ. They don't value there employees they find every excuse not to give u a raise. I no ppl that have started 3 months ago hat make the same rate as me and I have been there for years. Worst of all they have no policy on telling there employees when overtime will be they just expect you to just no. And if u leave because you didn't no you will be and given an occurrence. Which could cost you your job. If you ask management if there is overtime u r told I don't have a crystal ball. Even though you know and they know there will be and if u r lucky they will tell you 1 hour before you leave. I do not reccomend anyone work night shift at this place it is Horrible! 1 last thing is they promote Sexual harassment and make excuses for it. If u have an issue here just forget getting it resolved. They r to dumb to comprehend anything at this place. Now these are all issue that I have seen with my own eyes or have experience. even the rules this place has towards absence and things of that nature are all listerally made to screw You. I'll give you one example they don't even have an employee handbook to hand you. That's how much this place once to screw you, they don't even want u to no the rules so they can constantly change them on a daily basis. And when they change them
    It doesn't matter if u were there with the old
    Rules they will apply the new rule to you like lowering occurrences to seven instead of eight n then fire you because you fall under the NEW rule. I can go on and on STAY AWAY FrOM This Place!!!!!

Advice to Management

Learn what the hell is going on and don't deny issues that your long time employees bring to you. You should look into every claim fairly. It's sad when the manager doesn't even no what is going on. And stop being so threatening. That goes to management and HR. How about you try hiring some ppl at this place that have experience, if there were experienced ppl here this place wouldn't be such a bad environment to work for. None of the ppl in management positions have ever had a position like that everyone is a first time manager here even the head apparently was a truck driver. HR said in a meeting I am not going to be in this position long I A fill in they couldn't even get a person who had a Human Resources degree or background.. when you start to here things like this u start to see why the place is doing so bad. They were all given there first experiences as leads n managers. And ppl with experience would never work here that I. And tell you . So someone needs to just clean house and raise the pay all around n hire some ppl with brains and experience n stop hiring from within if the person isn't qualified just to save a buck Jesus Christ

11. "Corporate"

Pros

Internal promotion and succession planning, multiple opportunities and career paths, professional, friendly environment, and company supports multiple charities company wide.

Cons

Location is difficult to reach via public transportation, vacation eligibility w/in first year minimal.