A Company Portable Restrooms Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Jeff Moore
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Advancement Brought Change Was Good"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Boise, ID

I have been working at A Company Portable Restrooms full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have only been employed with A Company for a little over a year and I can't say it has always been fun. Change is hard for some people. Changing positions and learning something new and involved was a little overwhelming for me in the beginning. The amazing thing about A Company is that everyone is so kind and wants new team members who join the A Company Family to succeed. There is always someone to help answer questions as you are learning, and people who encourage you on days you think you can't make it. I have to say that most of the employees are the kindest, most positive, helpful people I have ever worked with. I also like the fact that A Company promotes from within, because even if it is a job you may not know you can do, if you want to advance, they give you the chance and the tools to be successful in order to be a better A Company Team member!

Cons

The only drawback about working for A Company is the freeway traffic getting to work - it's crazy; although the interstate construction completion has improved the flow somewhat better. The Nampa, Meridian and Boise area has grown so much that there are more and more people on the road. I guess this too could be a positive thing...it is teaching me patience!

2. "Horrible"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Boise, ID
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Boise, ID

I worked at A Company Portable Restrooms full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly coworkers, nice customers to work with mostly

Cons

Training was a joke, trainer bad mouthed other employees and the company and didn't structure training whatsoever. I was nit picked and hovered over and written up for the same exact things that other employees were doing. I was accused of drinking on the job and driven to get breathalyzed during my shift. My supervisor targeted me purposely making the environment hostile. My coworker was previously married to our supervisor which is clearly a conflict of interest. The break room was the size of my bathroom for more than 50 employees. Instead of offering coaching, I was criticized and threatened.

"Miserable place to work"

Former Employee - Delivery in Magna, UT
    Former Employee - Delivery in Magna, UT

Pros

Ok pay hours of your into a lot of overtime

Cons

Horrible management !!! Avoid like the plague they will treat you no matter your background experience you will be treated like some uneducated drug addict from a staffing agency. Management will lie through their noses. My worst job experience ever. In my first week I was advised to leave ASAP that management was toxic I instead ignored the advice and continued working until I was the one dealing with the harassment others told me they experienced.this place is toxic avoid like the plague in my diary year their I saw more than 30 people hired on and quit. More then 120 hrs a check early mornings starts late night clock outs avoid avoid avoid !!

Advice to Management

Grow up And leave your childish ways behind and treat your employees with some dignity

"Excellent Employer. Sorry to leave."

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Boise, ID

Pros

This company has the best call center training and environment I have ever seen. The team I worked with was professional, focused and quick to take care of the customer. The new call center manager is awesome too. She is level headed, doesn't get personal about business and she is easy to work with. When ever I need time off for my family I was guaranteed to get it. The new building we worked in is beautiful. Clean, cool and plenty of bathrooms. Our stations were professionally designed and it made it easy to work with pleasurable customers. The owners of the company are totally approachable and the call center manager doesn't mind people talking to her boss. There is opportunity for growth at A Company. All the leaders came from the front line. Promotion from within is prevalent.

Cons

I had a friend that gave me a job offer that I could not refuse. I was careful not to burn my bridges at A Company because I would like to come back one day. A number of call center employees have returned after checking out other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Keep treating your employees like family. They appreciate it.

5. "Call Center Representative"

I worked at A Company Portable Restrooms full-time

Pros

Proximity of location
    Friendly main office associates
    Easy to apply
    Easy interview
    Quick to hire

Cons

Pressured to sell services and add on's
    Lack of respect from call center manager
    Extremely quick to fire or let go employees and hire from temp. agencies
    Goes through employees like hot cakes
    Call center is in a portable trailer
    I now cringe every time I pass an orange portable toilet

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they're people, versus just another warm body directing calls, making sales and giving directions to drivers

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

Pros

I currently work for A Company as a supervisor and absolutely love my job! I started off as a CSR and worked my way up. The owners are the most caring people I have ever worked for, they aren’t afraid of jumping in and helping when needed and their knowledge of the business is fantastic. I feel as if I could go to them with anything and they will hear me out and guide me as best as they possibly can. The company is owned by 2 brothers that not only care about the company but they care about the employees and customers as well. The pay, medical, dental, 401k ect are awesome. I highly recommend this company to whomever is applying or looking for a restroom. We strive on customer service and do our best to make the experience as wonderful as possible.

Cons

We had to endure construction issues while the addition was completed. Moving in was a challenge but now that is all behind us.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring good people!!!

"From The Real Risk Manager"

Current Employee - Risk Manager in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Risk Manager in Boise, ID

Pros

It has been my pleasure to work with A Company, Inc. for the past 18 months. The people are great, the work environment has the right combination of professional and friendly that can only be found in companies that remember their small business roots. The owners are two of the most fair, friendly and open individuals I have worked for. As their Risk Manager they understand that health and safety is a priority, not only because of the financial risk involved but also because it is a moral obligation.

Cons

Salary and benefits are not very competitive. Turnover is high due to this and the nature of the work they do.

Advice to Management

This is a hard job from Drivers to Management and it takes a special kind of person to succeed, those people are hard to find but you shouldn't settle for less and should endeavor to keep those people with stronger wages and benefits after a year.

"Off to Seattle"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at A Company Portable Restrooms full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Better than average product sells itself.

Cons

Small company invades personal privacy of employees

Advice to Management

Keep off Facebook

"Excellent"

Current Employee - Employment Recruiter in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Employment Recruiter in Boise, ID

I have been working at A Company Portable Restrooms full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have the best job ever! I love it. I get to work for a company that has been in business for a long time I do not have to worry about getting laid off. I get to work under the CEO and have excellent training. I have opportunities to excel has far as I want to. I am fortunate to have a position to help those looking for employment and match them to positions that will ultimately help our company grow and gives us all a win! I started out as part time and have been working full time for the past three months. I have been with the company for over six months and have great medical benefits. There is teamwork, dedication, customer quality and focus that I have seen here everyday.

Cons

There are no cons that I have seen

"Micromanaged to Death"

I worked at A Company Portable Restrooms full-time

Pros

High quality sales people in the SLC branch

Cons

Owners micromanage branches and suffocate company growth. The owners are looking to sell the company and retire, no leadership, only long term drivers. Mom & Pop company that operates like its still out of the garage. Owner's speak out of both sides of their mouth, driven by emotions, it's a roller coaster. If you are a driver, they will over pay you to stay, so if you can put up with all of it, you can make decent money. Owners will not hire any talent

Advice to Management

Sell now and retire, Company reduced medical benefits so that owners could make more money