A. Duie Pyle "pay is decent" Reviews | Glassdoor

A. Duie Pyle Employee Reviews about "pay is decent"

Updated Jun 26, 2019

3.4
A. Duie Pyle CEO Peter Latta (no image)
Peter Latta
Pros
  • "good pay plenty of hours, updating equipment yearly, profit sharing 401k match(in 13 reviews)

• "Pay is decent quite a few favorable benefits(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance non existent and not willing to solve issues before they get out of control(in 6 reviews)

• "occasional long hours, sometimes harsh weather conditions(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "pay is decent"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Operations supervisor"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Hooksett, NH

I worked at A. Duie Pyle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is decent quite a few favorable benefits.

Cons

Upper level management is knowledgeable and strong. Lower level management at my terminal could use an ego check and learn to communicate and train a bit better and by a bit I mean a lot. Work life balance non existent and not willing to solve issues before they get out of control.

Advice to Management

Check the ego at the door and learn how to communicate better.

A. Duie Pyle2019-06-26
  2. "Outbound Dockworker"

Former Employee - Outbound Dockworker in West Chester, PA

I worked at A. Duie Pyle part-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay for a college student

Cons

People are miserable, hours suck.

A. Duie Pyle2017-03-14

"Think twice!"

Former Employee - Shop Supervisor in Allentown, PA

I worked at A. Duie Pyle full-time for less than a year

Pros

All in all its not a bad company. The pay is decent,the benefits are good and the atmosphere is acceptable. On the outside it all looks good ....

Cons

They have there core values but they only apply when it benefits them. No loyalty what so ever in management. They just don't care about there supervision. Its a shame because some supervisors do care. I'm glad I didn't invest a lot of time for a company that cares so little about there people

Advice to Management

If there's an issue please discuss it with the person,let's not assume they know of the problem. Its not a popularity contest so let the supervisors supervise. Practice your core values,after all its what you preach everyday.

A. Duie Pyle2016-05-20

"Good pay, horrible supervisors and management!"

Current Employee - PD Driver in Northborough, MA

I have been working at A. Duie Pyle full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay, decent time off and home every night. Equipment is for the most part good and maintained.

Cons

Horrible supervisors and managers, totally arrogant, ignorant and condescending. They don't care about drivers and think its funny when they screw you. They expect you to move 2500lb+ pallets with nothing but a pallet jack. Then they get pissed and retaliate against you if you get hurt while doing it. Trucks are never loaded correctly, constantly having to move freight around to get stops off. Trailers are never... loaded on time when you come in, you spend a hour or more trying to get loaded while working on a dock that is total chaos. Then you leave late and your not even on the highway and you already have pick up to do with early close times. After 4-5 years expect to be burned out and physically and emotionally worn down. Injuries are commonplace at ADP, blow out backs, pulled or torn muscles and much much more!! Favoritism and retaliation are in plentiful supply. Oh yeah, the routing, forget it, these clowns cant even read a map. They assign you a driver code and that's all you are to them, a number.

Advice to Management

Fire the entire management and supervisor team and hire some professionals instead of clowns and idiots.

A. Duie Pyle2015-10-31
  5. "Currently employed"

Current Employee - Dock Worker in West Chester, PA

I have been working at A. Duie Pyle full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The pay is decent but that's about it. There are some really good people but they are few and far between.

Cons

You are expected to produce perfection but the system they provide is flawed. If you aren't an insider, you are garbage. There is a core group that carries this place and the rest just ride our coattails. The company wants to come off as having a family atmosphere but that couldn't be further from the truth. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone unless they desperately need work.

Advice to Management

Stay out of the way and let the people that actually understand how to do their jobs, do it.

A. Duie Pyle2015-06-13

"Part Time Dockworker"

I have been working at A. Duie Pyle part-time

Pros

Decent Pay, No Benefits, Steady Work, Good Co-Workers, Supervisors tend to leave you be on your own

Cons

Expect you to work full time hours as a part time employee without benefits, Company wants to much out of an employee and does not give the proper recognition, only time the recognize you is when you mess up or if something gets damaged before you even touch it, even then its still your fault. They do a lot of finger pointing and playing the blame game although the supervisors claim to have their dock crews back if... anything happens. The only thing he has is his/her own back, do not stick up for their crew employees

Advice to Management

Properly train supervisors, put the on point scale for how effective they are and towards the crew members. If you want us to work past our mandated hours constantly, then give us benefits

A. Duie Pyle2014-06-20

"Not able to continue family vision"

Current Employee - Driver

I have been working at A. Duie Pyle full-time

Pros

good pay, decent vacation package, steady work

Cons

Very poor operation, upper management treat employees as if they are beneath them, out of touch with the morals or vision of the family heritage, poorly trained supervisors, you will fall apart mentally and physically after a couple of years. No regard to safety for their employees trailer is max out double stack skids and impossible number of stops, when business is slow you are told to call in to see if you will... work; doesn't matter if you are a senior employee.

Advice to Management

Trust me they don't listen...they don't care. You will be nothing but a number.

A. Duie Pyle2013-09-12