A+E Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nancy Dubuc

Pros
Cons
  • Hard to get time with upper management (in 15 reviews)

• No room for growth especially if you are in the LA office (in 8 reviews)

"Atrocious in every way possible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at A+E Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medical benefits were quite good but i am afraid there is precious little else this sandpit of dysfunction that could be highlighted as good

Cons

Labour laws apparently were made to be brokem rather than followed. Teams get reduced and told they are being outsourced only to be replaced a few weeks later. Gross overtime abuses of houröy workers. If you are a man and enjoy treating women like garbage you will thrive here and you will be protected by the old boys club who continue on despite a female CEO

Advice to Management

The board must Fire Namcy Dubuc IMMEDIATELY. This ship has done nothing but sink since she ousted her far superior mentor. She is immature, insincere and unable to run a corporation, especially with all her crony lackies who she fires eventually anyhow. Worst CEO i have ever encountered. Fires great people and hires charlatans who have to be moved from department to department as they are high profile and Nancy loves to hide her many mistakes. Nancy, I hope ypu are reading this. Please quit. You are just embarrassing yourself now

"Must To Avoid"

Current Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY

I have been working at A+E Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Very attractive benefits and incentives.

Cons

-A wholly ageist organization.
    -The company is bogged down with failed process and procedures.
    -Cronyism is exhibited from the top down.
    -Misleading three pronged total comp--benefits and incentives don't add up.
    -Corporate values are trumpeted loudly but never realized by the organization.

Advice to Management

Fish rots from the head. Attract better senior management in programming to produce stronger and more unique programming and good things will trickle down to the employee.

"Incompetence carries the day."

Former Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at A+E Networks full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Still has a few substantive creative people and business advisers. There are some people who are doing their best to right the ship. Good benefits package.

Cons

No leadership on any level, but particularly failing at c suite level. Legal and HR are the worst of it. There are few adults on the scene and truth is a relative concept. The CEO is surrounded by people who only tell her what she wants to hear.

Advice to Management

Change course soon.

"Disappointing"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at A+E Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits. Bereavement leave was generous (and unexpected).

Cons

Terrible and confrontational culture full of intimidation, favoritism, high-level incompetence and arrogance that is unwarranted considering everything we do is failing. Not a diverse environment, and company refuses to invest in modern infrastructure - computer situation is straight from the 1990's.

Advice to Management

New leadership is needed, people who actually have a long term vision and a strategic mind to execute that vision.

"Not a company for young and innovative"

Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Director in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at A+E Networks (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a network so you can learn the basic processes and functions of departments at a network.

Cons

They don't promote. Not sure A+E will be around when the system of delivery changes for TV. It's a very 80s atmosphere. It's a company where older execs go work to pull a salary to pay their mortgage and kid's tuition, and hire all their irrelevant friends. It's not a company that's competing. They don't appreciate quality or new ideas. Look at their content. The LA office is run by women who spend more time gossiping about the CEO's outfits than they do actually doing their jobs. You won't get inspiration or team-building from them. They just don't care about the company. As a result, the young people are forced out for caring and, thereby, posing a threat. it's kind of shocking what goes on there, really. If you're young, it will kill your spirit to work there. Don't do it.

Advice to Management

Raise expectations and actually manage. Change regime in LA and give LA office a boss. C-level of the company is in NYC and come out to LA maybe three times a year for events. Can anyone be expected to best the competition when you don't even have a boss to answer to and your job and salary are secure no matter what?

"Micromanagement IT Nightmare"

Current Employee - Service Desk Support Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Service Desk Support Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

Seems like a great place to work in other areas of the company.
    Nice offices great food areas.
    Great location close by grand central.
    Coworkers seemed very nice and knowledgeable.

Cons

Management is absurd, Heavy Micromanagement is an understatement to how the IT Help Desk is being run.
    I was constantly afraid to even leave my chair to go to the bathroom because we would be scolded how long we were gone for. I was scared to pick up calls from my spouse or kids cause, I felt like my work mother was scolding me on a daily basis. I wouldnt talk to my kids the way I was spoken too and treated.
    Everyone here is a Consultant. A&E I guess doesn't want to invest in anyone for long term.
    People here have worked 6 years or more before being offered a salary based position with benefits. Also I feel there is a lot of reverse discrimination since IT management is run only by females and they act like all men around them are stupid. If you like being micromanaged and treated like a child to work in a place that real has no long term future for any of its IT staff, then this is the place for you. Otherwise Run!

Advice to Management

Let people be people. We're humans not dogs. Investing in people means offering full time positions with benefits and a future at your company, not the feeling that you can be discarded like trash and that your worthless.

"Unprofessional Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Editor in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Editor in Stamford, CT

Pros

Learning about changes after they have taken affect.

Cons

Managers take no interest in makiing work flows seamless.

Advice to Management

Become knowledgeable about the roles you hire for

"Major culture shift changed a 5-star company to 1-star"

Former Employee - IT Manager Level in New York, NY
    Former Employee - IT Manager Level in New York, NY

I worked at A+E Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, good health plan, extra time off in summer, close to Grand Central

Cons

IT department became very political with growth. New IT head secretly told favorites that his restructuring will be *bloody* and seems to thrive in a confrontational environment. Once, a challenging and rewarding team environment, now, after some of the best people were laid off in 2012, many others have left on their own. Have heard of worse situations in other depts that include age discrimination. Multiple people in senior positions have lost their title and office once they hit late 50s/early 60s.

Advice to Management

Spend some time looking at the supporting depts and find a way to ge truthful feedback

"This Place Is A Joke.."

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I have been working at A+E Networks as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

9-5 hours, Summer Fridays, If you ever become full time (DO NOT BELIEVE HR), then your benefits are paid for. Hence, why half the company is hired as a "freelancer," aka a bs term that has you being paid through a third party.

Cons

This place is a joke. If you have no ambition in life, hate challenges, and want to be slob sitting on a chair for 8 hours a day, then this place is for you. Management treats interns better than their employees and since the interns see this, many try not to stay after their 4-year program. They have a kids day, but no nursery....Brilliant idea. Bring your kids in and disrupt the entire office. I love listening to duck noises for 3 hours straight. Work flow is almost non-existent. Anytime I ask for a task they assume something as simple as two emails should take an entire day and not just 15 mins like most tasks take. If any ambitious employers are reading this, please take me away so I don't cry every time I look at my college diploma.

Advice to Management

Management, stop treating your interns better than your actual employees! It is disgraceful and yes we all talk about it! Your young professionals like to learn. Don't just check off your boxes and bounce out the door. Also, HR BLOWSSSSSS. They are the biggest liars in the game.

11. "Shame"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at A+E Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was a great company until the Lifetime merger and then everything changed for the worst.

Cons

Same as above. Totally broke.

Advice to Management

You had a great company until the Lifetime merger so you broke what was working well.