A.H. Harris Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Driver & warehouse"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Henrietta, NY
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Henrietta, NY

I have been working at A.H. Harris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great work, great managers,great salesforce

Cons

None I know of at all

"In My Opinion."

I have been working at A.H. Harris full-time

Pros

Working at A H Harris opens you up to different types of materials that one can use and endorse for others to use for many little projects around the house , it also allows you to see the various ways you can apply these products to make your project shine.

Cons

Sometimes you don't feel appreciated and it's like almost everything you do is not enough and you're being blamed for every little mistake. there are times that you know that your job was done correct and because someone else made a mistake it's automatically your fault.

Advice to Management

Make employees feel equally appreciated , Don't be so quick to pass blame, If you made a mistake , If you're taking the time to let us know we messed up , take the time to say when you messed up, there is nothing wrong in saying I'm sorry I messed up. A little respect goes a long way.

3. "not just a job it's a career"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at A.H. Harris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

working at A H Harris is very fulfilling. There is always a positive professional atmosphere with a family like flare.

Cons

I really don't have any cons

4. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Inside Sales
    Current Employee - Inside Sales

I have been working at A.H. Harris full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with AH Harris almost 15 yrs. now and every single day you get to learn something new. Coworkers are pretty much like family, very caring for one another. There is always opportunity to grow within the company to whoever wants to get ahead.

Cons

Believe it or not, being honest I do not have anything that would fit on this description.

Advice to Management

This would of fit in the Cons section, but I feel us with some degree of seniority need to get our pay reviewed.

5. "My employment review of AH HArris"

Current Employee - Estimator in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Estimator in Albany, NY

I have been working at A.H. Harris full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Positive work environment
    This is a company that promotes from within.
    We have many Long term employees with more that 20 years service.
    AH Harris is a fast growing Company.
    The Company is very Stable.
    We are a leader in our Industry
    Innovative and highly capable leadership.
    Has a matching 401k program

Cons

There are no Cons to working here.

Advice to Management

Keep Doing what you are Doing.

"Overall Positive"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at A.H. Harris full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great core group of people to work with from warehouse up through management and operations. A lot of people have been here a very long time.

Cons

Base salary and vehicle plan for salespeople has not been adjusted for inflation in 7 years.

Commission plan is based on gross margin but you are not allowed to know the true cost of many items. This makes it impossible to know if you are being paid what you earned.

Mar 21, 2016

Thank you so much for your input. Glad to hear you are overall satisfied. We are certainly trying to not only be competitive in our incentive plans, but also transparent as far as your earnings and... More

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in West Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in West Hartford, CT

Pros

Very supportive team environment from all levels. I was welcomed right away and included in a truly astounding culture. I think it is great how close and accessible everyone is no matter what level they are on. I have felt great support from management in building their talent acquisition and recruitment department while also being encourage to maintain an even work life balance. Great pay, great benefits at a fun place to work with wonderful people.

Cons

Initially they lacked proper recruiter resources but that's what they brought me on board to address. The management team supported my ideas and initiatives to bring in more resources and now I have everything I could ask for.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Welcome aboard!

"Outside Sales"

Former Employee - Outside Salea
    Former Employee - Outside Salea

I worked at A.H. Harris full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Upper management is great at getting people together to discuss the latest trends and what direction the company is moving towards and how they want the individual locations to get there.
    It was confusing at times because one markets diversity is much different than the others.

Cons

Sales management in Va lacked the experience, talent and overall ability to convey how upper management wanted to move forward. Having an agenda which benefits no one proves that this person is in the wrong position and wrong industry.

Advice to Management

Hire someone that poses people skills and is willing to try new approaches to the market of Va.

Mar 14, 2016

Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your thoughts. We strive to be one of the best employers in each of our regions and take employee feedback very seriously. Your input has been... More

"More then just a job"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

Pros

Great place to work if you want to be more then just a number on the books. Everyone has the oppurtunity to make a difference in the company and every contribution is appreciated by others. It's a very positive environment that is great to work in.

Cons

Lack of cross training in some areas leaves gaps that create unnecessary lag in processes.

Mar 14, 2016

Awesome feedback, thank you so much. Yes, the cross training piece has come up in conversations with our team mates. Please talk to your manager about the next round of "Harris University" for... More

"Strong advancement opportunities"

I have been working at A.H. Harris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with top industry professionals in an exciting and challenging environment. A family oriented culture, which is easily balanced against life outside of the office.

Cons

Aging workforce in a few key departments, making adoption to new technology and strategies slow and at times difficult.

Advice to Management

Bring in some new talent into these aging departments.

Mar 14, 2016

Thanks for your input. Glad you are overall satisfied with working at Harris. Aging workforce is indeed a concern in certain areas. To help with the adoption to new technologies (CRM, social media... More