A.L.C. Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Internship"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at A.L.C. as an intern

Pros

Amazing work environment and small enough office that allows for interns to actual see the process of multiple departments all coming together to create a successful line of clothing

Cons

Expected to jump right into it, so be prepared to be able to do tasks that you may not have the exact range of skills or knowledge for

"O.K. not Good"

I worked at A.L.C. full-time

Pros

Great opportunity for growth and benefits are pretty nice as well

Cons

Vacation leave and pay sucks! Their system is also in groups so it is very easy to do other people's jobs for a much less pay. This is a constant problem in every group.

3. "Studio Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at A.L.C. as an intern

Pros

The environment is very friendly, the studio is amazing, the work quality is fantastic. Everyone was very sweet, especially Andrea. I learned a lot about various different aspects of the fashion designing from fabrics to production, technical design; you really get to help out everyone in the studio and do little bit of everything pretty much. I would love to work for them if I ever move back to LA.

Cons

As an intern, there will be times when you have to drive around a lot to pick up and drop off items, sometimes 25-30 miles away or constant driving back and forth which can get tiring sitting in your car stuck in traffic. They do reimburse for gas so that was great. Sometimes I ran an personal, non company related errand for the assistant which wasn't so great because I am the studio intern and not necessarily the assistant's personal assistant. It may seem somewhat boring doing these errands here and there as there isn't any creativity involved per se, but the most important lesson of this internship is to understand the process involved in creating the collections and I can say I definitely learned that.

Advice to Management

I would advise the management to give the interns the opportunity to exercise some creative skills if possible, of course. For instance, I'm very good at at sketching, tech flats, photoshop, illustrator, Indesign, did graphic design in the past and would have loved to help out the company in that area which would also give me the chance to practice my skills and learn how to work with the team to accomplish a certain vision or a goal they had in mind.

4. "Enriching and enlightening"

Current Contractor - Fashion Designer/Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Fashion Designer/Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at A.L.C. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

A.L.C. has great potential to become a huge brand and industry leader

Cons

Lack of organization at upper management level and under-staffed