Cover image for A New Leaf

A New Leaf

Engaged Employer

A New Leaf

Add a Review

A New Leaf Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Nov 21, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 83 of over 83 reviews
4.1
81% Recommend to a Friend
92% Approve of CEO

Found 17 of over 83 reviews

4.1
A New Leaf President & CEO Michael T. Hughes (no image)
Michael T. Hughes

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

rewarding

Nov 21, 2021 - Youth Support Partner
    Business Outlook

Pros

on your feet, social, and make an impact

Cons

low pay, stress, not much upward mobility

Marketing Manager

Thank you for the positive review, we do our very best to provide a good working environment for all of our employees! We will be sure to pass along your pros and cons to management so they are aware, we are working to improve pay and reduce staff stress in several programs.

2. 1.0

High turnover in staff

May 11, 2021 - Youth Care Worker in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working with the children was the positive aspect in my position/role.

Cons

This organization is not organized. There is no support from higher ups. High stress and low pay. This is an extremely high turnover job. As a result to the high turnover the kids don't really benefit from the program. Rather than building relationships, this issue adds to the instability and distrust in people.

Marketing Manager

We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience, staffing challenges in the post-pandemic employment market have made turnover increase, however we are doing our best to address these challenges. Please make an anonymous contact form submission here if you have any feedback for us on how to improve this: https://www.turnanewleaf.org/contact/

3. Join the A New Leaf team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Agency to Work For

Sep 30, 2020 - Administrative Assistant in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Flexible Management, Opportunities for growth

Cons

Low pay and lack of COVID-19 precautions

Annual Fund Administrator

We appreciate your positive rating! We are working hard to raise pay and provide protection to all front line staff. We will be sure to pass your comments along to management.

5. 3.0

A lot of potential

Feb 19, 2019 - Youth Care Worker in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked my co-workers and clients. I could pick up extra shifts often. Great training and team building.

Cons

Very little support from supervisor, some staff unprofessional with clients and should not be working with youth. Too many clients and too little staff per room. LOW pay.

Annual Fund Administrator

We are glad that you enjoyed your coworkers and the clients - but we will certainly pass on your concerns to the HR Department regarding oversight. Providing a well-structured and encouraging place to work for all employees is our top priority!

6. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Would not recommend

Jul 1, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a great mission and values. You can feel good about the work you do in the community They are a company with a great heart.

Cons

Low pay for the work that is done. For a company with a big heart they do not treat their employees well. Some managers do not work well with people.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good luck you will need it...don't do it.

Aug 14, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

You do get to improve peoples lives through service. Schedule flexibility.

Cons

My experiences were.....upper management was dollar driven and not best practice driven. Clinical advisement was often completely disregarded. Finance numbers never made sense, if you questioned too much they eventually laid you off. As they say. Noticed staff turn over is ridiculously high, due to poor clinical support/direction, low pay and CONSTANT re-organization of positions. Check your ethics at the door, on many different levels. Management displayed Very little understanding or respect for behavioral health practices.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Employer

Apr 8, 2019 - Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

A New Leaf is doing important work for people and the community. They treat their employees well. They also promote from within and give you the chance to further your career.

Cons

Low pay and sometimes stressful work environment

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

A New Leaf Mesa

Sep 25, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fortunately had a great supervisor, easy to get overtime because they are constantly understaffed

Cons

Pays much less than other agencies for the same job (case manager) Extremely high turnover, probably due to low pay

1 person found this review helpful

Annual Fund Administrator

We are happy to see you had a good manager, we work hard to foster quality leadership. We will pass your thoughts on opportunities to improve regarding pay and turnover to our HR department. Thank you so much for your thoughts!

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Review

Apr 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easy, laid back company to work for.

Cons

Low pay and not really limited advancement.

Annual Fund Administrator

Hello! We are glad that you enjoy your employment with A New Leaf. We do our best to offer competitive pay and benefits in accordance with resources available, and compete fairly strongly with many nonprofits in the area. We will certainly look into improving advancement opportunities and career planning, excellent feedback!

11. 1.0

Collection

Oct 6, 2018 - Collector
    Business Outlook

Pros

None terrible managers low pay

Cons

Low pay bad management decisions

Annual Fund Administrator

Hello there, we would love to better understand your reason for this rating, please call our HR department at 480.464.7466 to share your thoughts! We always want our employees to have positive experiences.

Viewing 1 - 17 of 17 English Reviews
</>Embed

Work at A New Leaf? Share Your Experiences

A New Leaf logo

Reviews by Job Title

A New Leaf Photos

+ Add Photo
A New Leaf photo of: Melinda prepares to work as a case manager in A New Leaf's shelter services programs.
A New Leaf photo of: Colette and volunteers help prepare meals at one of A New Leaf's shelters.
A New Leaf photo of: Large volunteer groups often prepare meals at A New Leaf's homeless and domestic violence shelters.
A New Leaf photo of: Melinda and Jess deliver food to a domestic violence shelter
A New Leaf photo of: A New Leaf lights our administrative office purple for domestic violence awareness month.
A New Leaf photo of: Colette helps with many administrative tasks, and also helps recruit interns at program sites across the Valley!
A New Leaf photo of: Laura attends an event with community volunteers!

Expert Career Advice

Bank of America

3.9

36,191 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 83 A New Leaf reviews submitted anonymously by A New Leaf employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if A New Leaf is right for you.