Cover image for A New Leaf

A New Leaf

Engaged Employer

A New Leaf

Add a Review

A New Leaf Employee Reviews about "new leaf"

Updated Aug 20, 2021

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 83 of over 83 reviews
4.1
81% Recommend to a Friend
92% Approve of CEO

Found 5 of over 83 reviews

4.1
A New Leaf President & CEO Michael T. Hughes (no image)
Michael T. Hughes

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "new leaf"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Intern

Great place to work!

Aug 6, 2019 - Nonprofit Fundraising
    Business Outlook

Pros

A New Leaf does important work in the community and really gives their interns a chance to be a part of that.

Cons

I experienced no downsides while working at A New Leaf.

A New Leaf Response

Annual Fund Administrator

Thank you for the positive review! We do out best to empower all of our employees and provide a quality work environment.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn and work!

Aug 20, 2021 - Clinician
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed working here. I felt supported by my clinical supervisor and I felt heard. I loved my co-workers. I felt the organization to overall be positive and supportive of employees. A New Leaf also provided great training opportunities and professional development for me.

Cons

The caseloads could be high and it was difficult to be a successful therapist with 100 clients.

A New Leaf Response

Marketing Manager

Thank you for the positive review, we do our very best to provide a good working environment for all of our employees! We will be sure to pass along your pros and cons to management so they are aware, particularly your comments on caseloads.

3. Join the A New Leaf team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

You get what you give

May 7, 2019 - Administrative Assistant in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

A New Leaf has good opportunity for work/life balance, depending on your program of choice. There are over 30 different programs under the agency umbrella so it's the perfect place to gain experience in many different areas. It's all about the effort you put into it. You must be a self-starter and be willing to take on any/all additional tasks thrown at you in order to beef up your resume. It only takes 6 months to be able to apply for other positions within the agency and try your skill set out in a different venue.

Cons

No benefits for part-time employees. No profit-sharing, no paid time off, no medical/dental/vision, and no paid holidays. Communication between programs and agency-wide is lacking a bit. It's not a huge obstacle if you are willing to learn about the programs yourself.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent Nonprofit

Mar 29, 2019 - Chief Philanthropy Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

A New Leaf has a great mission with strong leadership and experienced staff. More than 30 programs providing resources to more than 32,000 people in metro Phoenix.

Cons

Mission is fulfilling but can be difficult.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company!

Mar 29, 2019 - Philanthropy Administrator in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at A New Leaf is welcoming and is willing to work as a team. We all have the same goal in mind- help our local community as best as we can. Our leadership team is amazing, and guides the entire organization to success. I definitely recommend working here.

Cons

I honestly have no cons. This company is great!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Helping people gives career satisfaction

Mar 29, 2019 - Director of Major Gifts in Mesa, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

A New Leaf has passionate leadership and expertly administered programs which help over 30,000 people annually.

Cons

I don't mind driving, but our 30 programs are located all over the valley.

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good Employer

Apr 8, 2019 - Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

A New Leaf is doing important work for people and the community. They treat their employees well. They also promote from within and give you the chance to further your career.

Cons

Low pay and sometimes stressful work environment

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews
</>Embed

Work at A New Leaf? Share Your Experiences

A New Leaf logo

Reviews by Job Title

A New Leaf Photos

+ Add Photo
A New Leaf photo of: Melinda prepares to work as a case manager in A New Leaf's shelter services programs.
A New Leaf photo of: Colette and volunteers help prepare meals at one of A New Leaf's shelters.
A New Leaf photo of: Large volunteer groups often prepare meals at A New Leaf's homeless and domestic violence shelters.
A New Leaf photo of: Melinda and Jess deliver food to a domestic violence shelter
A New Leaf photo of: A New Leaf lights our administrative office purple for domestic violence awareness month.
A New Leaf photo of: Colette helps with many administrative tasks, and also helps recruit interns at program sites across the Valley!
A New Leaf photo of: Laura attends an event with community volunteers!

Expert Career Advice

Bank of America

3.9

36,191 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 83 A New Leaf reviews submitted anonymously by A New Leaf employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if A New Leaf is right for you.