A Place for Mom Reviews
77% would recommend to a friend
(906 total reviews)
81% approve of CEO
The latest conversations about Healthcare
5 hours ago
Medical Staff Coordinator
Hi. Everything in my life is falling apart. I work for HCA and I got notice of layoff recently, but HR won't give me a layoff letter and I feel trapped in this job. I want to leave but my filenwould say resigned when they literally told me two months ahead of time that I got caught up in layoffs that weren't performance related. I've been trying to come into work to finish this role out, but I feel like I was lured into what should have been advertised as a temporary job instead of permanent.
4 hours ago
Are any of you employed by a smaller company? Have you come across instances of nepotism, such as having two siblings in top-level positions, the owner's spouse, and the sibling of another upper management member, as well as favoritism? When you become a part of the organization, do they initially convey the significance of your role based on your level of expertise, only to eventually regard you as a mere substitute akin to the other team members you collaborate with?
9 hours ago
Senior Patient Access Representive
I’m looking for advice from a hospital (lab) biller. My young adult daughter just so happen to finally open her mail and she found out that she could go into collections but she has 10 days. I just don’t know when the 10 days start or end it doesn’t really say but they billed it to the wrong blue Cross they build it to the state that we live in but it’s out of state so it didn’t get to my insurance as a claim . She can’t pay partial like in good faith. It needs to be in full. $700 ￼
Got a burning question about A Place for Mom? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with A Place for Mom employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Work from home, good pay, very rewarding and a sense that you are truly helping others in need." (in 87 reviews)
- "Great people and love helping families" (in 50 reviews)
- "Good benefits" (in 47 reviews)
- "You can make good pay if want to have no life and work all the time while being treated like dirt every day." (in 33 reviews)
- "Excellent training which consists of 1 week in Seattle and 6 months from your home office." (in 29 reviews)
- "Management always taking away from advisors." (in 25 reviews)
- "all senior leadership of the company has left on been let go" (in 20 reviews)
- "Salaries are ok but not competitive." (in 12 reviews)
- "Unfortunately for them, this a people business and the emotions are high but upper management does not care about what it's employees need, the unique challenges of the job, or the obstacles that have to be overcome." (in 10 reviews)
- "Communication isnt the best." (in 9 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of A Place for Mom and is not affected by filters.
Found 906 of over 943 reviews
Updated Nov 30, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Senior Living AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearCleveland, OH
Everything was great, data driven, treated with respect.
There was a global pandemic, not sure if anyone remembers.
- 1.0Nov 30, 2023Customer Success ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
The CSM team is a fantastic group of sales professionals with a passion for seniors. They want to succeed but don’t know how with the current metrics and managers in place.
The CSM program is a great idea and very needed and helpful to the customers. However, APFM rolled it out too quick- hired 100 people without a clue as to how to quantify what they bring to the table and measure success. So the metrics changed monthly- the management cannot explain how they arrive at your monthly quota, but if you miss quota two months in a row you are put on a coaching plan and a PIP! Everyone has been on a PIP! It’s a joke. I have never seen a company with more unhappy people working there. I was glad to get out. It’s a revolving door with managers and CSM’s leaving in droves. Two major layoffs in 2023. Everyone is miserable. Hitting the metrics does not equate to quota achievement- everyone see’s it!!1
- 3.0Nov 17, 2023Senior Living AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Work from home Great training
Poor lead quality Unrealistic quota expectations You will have to work 6-7 days a week to MAYBE make quota. They shed people rapidly, you could be let go any moment, the turnover here is insane.2
- 2.0Nov 29, 2023Sales AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearKansas City, MO
Pay if you are good but numbers were unattainable after ramp
Micromanagement and mean management mean emails and daily criticisms very negative management style
- 1.0Jul 21, 2023AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 5 years
Ability to work from home.
I was a top performing advisor for many years before getting promoted. I was told many lies by management about my new position, before ultimately being laid off during company downsizing. Other teammates that had been there for only a few months were chosen to stay over people that have been with the company for years! This company has no care or concern for top performing advisors, experience, or seniority. There is also no concern or investment in the training department. The company hires people outside the industry rather than promoting within, I can only imagine so they can pay less. Therefore, new employees will not get trained by anyone with experience actually doing the job, but people reading from a script on a screen. I worked at APFM for 6 years and had 7 different managers, so that tells you what the turnover is like. Management should be ashamed of the way the treat their employees, especially those with experience that brought so much value to the company. Their “values” are very nice to preach, however management has no inclination to abide by them.17
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Senior Living AdvisorCurrent EmployeeTampa, FL
The best place for mobility. The like keeping their employees and have many resources to help you grow!
Depends on the department and people you work for.
- 5.0Nov 22, 2023Data Services Team MemberFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsDetroit, MI
Updated systems, great PTO and benefits, great culture.
Stressful work, figuring out work/life balance.
A Place for Mom Reviews FAQs
A Place for Mom has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 943 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at A Place for Mom to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.
77% of A Place for Mom employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated A Place for Mom 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.