KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 563 of over 584 reviews

4.0
A Place for Mom CEO Larry Kutscher
Larry Kutscher
Pros
  • "Work from home; great incentive trips; ability to help families(in 115 reviews)

• "Work from home and helping families(in 70 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The work/life balance has been a little weird ever since we started to work from home(in 15 reviews)

• "His idea of fixing things was to hire a bunch of upper management that does nothing to increase revenue, and have no idea how senior living works(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of A Place for Mom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0

Good job

Oct 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Job security, great support from management and flexibility

Cons

Work load can be over whelming

2. 5.0

Glorify the Lord through Your Work and the Kingdom of Heaven Shall be Yours

Sep 28, 2021 - Senior Living Advisor in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I got into this field for one reason and one reason only: I want to do the most good during my time on this Earth. I’m one of those rare people nowadays who truly believes in the Lord above and wants to do everything (work, parenting, you name it) in glory to him and his name. My colleagues at A Place for Mom are not only exceptionally talented and hard-working individuals, they’re also very respectful of my beliefs and views on the work we do. As a Christian, I couldn’t work for a company that wasn’t genuinely trying to help the community and give back to those most in need in some way.

Cons

The only area of improvement I can see is the amount of paid vacation time the company offers. I understand the work we do is important, but I don’t think it can be stressed enough just how important it is to also have time away from work to reconnect with the people who matter the most to you as well as to the Lord.

3. Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A company that cares

Aug 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been with APFM for some time now and it truly stands out as a fun, exciting and safe place to work. Everyone gets along with each other, and management cares about each and every single employee. The culture at APFM is fantastic. The company is always looking for ways to be a leader in the industry and is constantly seeking to evolve and innovate. They also take great care of their employees. Whenever someone has a family issue or emergency, the team pulls together to help out and keep things going smoothly. I am personally aware of two separate occasions when a colleague had a family crisis with a financial component and everyone in the company banded together to help out. Finally, there are excellent opportunities for career development and growth within the organization. I have seen many people rise from entry level positions to positions of much greater responsibility in just a year or two.

Cons

They do their best. They don’t always make the best decisions and I’ve disagreed with them from time to time over the past 4 years, but they always try to do right by us and be open and honest and I appreciate that.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to start your career!

Oct 5, 2021 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am very happy to be in sales at A Place for Mom! I work hard but make more money than my friends and love the people I get to work with and enjoy helping the people I call up every day. I greatly appreciate the training and support I get from my peers and management. I have learned so much in the last 2 years and am thankful for the opportunity this company has provided me. This a great place to start your career!

Cons

I love almost everything except much the workload varies week to week. It can be hard to get a handle on it sometimes.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Incredible Learning Experience

Sep 28, 2021 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I understand why some people loved working here while others struggled to get by. APFM is one of those companies where you have to pull yourself up on the strength of your own merits. You’ll get plenty of help along the way, of course, but unless you’re willing to work your butt off and I mean REALLY work your butt off, you’re going to hit a wall. I enjoyed working at APFM because it was probably the best learning experience of my entire career. I don’t really think I had a work ethic before I came into this company, but now I’m the kind of person who just won’t quit.

Cons

Like I said, if you have a different mindset, you’re probably going to have a completely different experience than I did.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee

STAY AWAY

Oct 18, 2021 - Senior Living Advisor in Overland Park, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a paycheck. Benefits are decent.

Cons

They will sell this as a job that you can work remote, help families, and that this is a consultant job. In reality this is high pressure call center sales. You will call families until they get sick of you and communities will lie and say they never moved in and you will have to fight for your commission or it will get charged back. They will make you work in the office and have zero schedule flexibility. You don't get PTO until 90 days with the company and you are sometimes required to work until 11pm and always required to work one day on weekends. Schedule is Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday. This job will suck the life out of you for a 40k base salary. It's honestly not worth it when you can find remote jobs with similar pay.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work, all things considered

Sep 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Even though I left the company recently I don’t have any complaints. I’m not sure if it’s the norm for ex-employees to write 5 star reviews, especially since people will probably think “if you liked it so much why did you leave?” but I only left because I wanted to go back to school and pursue a different career path, and that choice had nothing to do with whether or not I liked working there, which I did.

Cons

There were a lot of things I liked about working here actually: the people, the pace, the mission, and the paycheck wasn’t too bad either. Leaving was a gamble, and even though I don’t regret it, I miss this place. Honestly, all things considered, it’s a great place to work.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Establish a career for yourself

Oct 13, 2021 - Sales in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

A Place for Mom is a company where you can fully establish a career for yourself. Managers are great about checking in with everyone on their career goals and making sure you’re on track to meet your targets and eventually move up if that’s what you want.

Cons

Very fast-paced environment and high expectations on a daily basis.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I wouldn’t be where I am today if not for this company

Sep 23, 2021 - Sales Representative in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best companies you could ever work for; The extensive amount of training they put you through prepares you for any challenges you may face. They essentially have paved a golden path to meeting several key career milestones. I can absolutely guarantee they will provide more resources than any other company you will find. I fully believe applying for A Place for Mom was the best decision I could have made. I never thought I would be where I am today, and I owe it all to the time I spent here.

Cons

It was a good experience and I have zero regrets.

11. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very passionate team of people

Sep 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

What I loved most about A Place for Mom is just how intense and passionate everyone who works here is about what they’re doing. There wasn’t a single employee there who wasn’t 100% dedicated to the company’s mission. It made for a fantastic work environment that not only encourages and supports professional development, but also (to an even larger extent) personal growth as well.

Cons

There’s good days and bad, but that’s everywhere you go. Whether or not you should apply just depends on what you’re looking for from a company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 563 Reviews