Cover image for A Place for Mom

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

78.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=A Place for Mom~240285
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Work From Home, good co(in 74 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 37 reviews)
  • "The people are great and its just an amazing place to be.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Excellent training which consists of 1 week in Seattle and 6 months from your home office.(in 26 reviews)
  • "You can make good pay if want to have no life and work all the time while being treated like dirt every day.(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "Worst leadership I have ever seen and I have seen alot.(in 20 reviews)
  • "CEO is only concerned about profit not helping families.(in 10 reviews)
  • "It can also be draining to be unable to help familes that do not have lots of money.(in 9 reviews)
  • "I worked for a year, trying to make new contacts, only to find out they were someone else's contacts, poor communication by the Management~(in 7 reviews)
  • "What happened to earned time off?(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of A Place for Mom and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

One of the best

Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best, most caring, rewarding, motivating, positive, and friendly companies I have worked for. We truly are a team. Incredible mentorship from managers throughout the organization.

Cons

The departing of our clients who we get attached to.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A job with purpose

Nov 23, 2022 - Senior Living Advisor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love that I have a job with a great cause, and that I can help families feel at-peace with their decisions.

Cons

It’s a large company so there’s bound to be some bureaucracy.

3. Join the A Place for Mom team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A Great Company!

Nov 23, 2022 - Customer Success Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

APFM was a great company to work for and I regret leaving my role as a CSM. Employees are appreciated, the benefits are generous, and the communication by Leadership was scheduled on a regular timeline so you were up to date on the company. While it is true the hours were long sometimes, it means you are putting in the effort for your clients.

Cons

Work Life balance can be a challenge when working remotely

5. 5.0

Nov 22, 2022 - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Base pay was very good. Even on weeks where I wasn’t driving sales as well as I could, I was still making a decent amount of money.

Cons

Having a flexible schedule has its downsides. You’ll definitely be working odd hours and on the weekends. I enjoyed the flexibility at first, but eventually I realized that I’d rather work 9-5 M-F and be done with it.

6. 5.0

My thoughts

Nov 21, 2022 - Healthcare Account Executive in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most aspects of the job were enjoyable, particularly working from home. Micromanagement was totally nonexistent. Money and benefits were great as well.

Cons

The truth is, you spend your time interacting with people who aren’t necessarily in the most joyful position, whether it be money struggles or not really wanting to put their parents in a facility but having no better options. Those cases always threw me for a loop.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

You’re only as good as what you have done today

Oct 18, 2022 - Healthcare Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Create your own schedule and spend the bulk of your time working with accounts you want too. Don't have to clock in anywhere and no silly in person “team building” meetings. All of that is done virtually

Cons

Management is pretty clueless as to what your job is and many other departments either dont know you exist or don’t understand your role. Everything is determined by how much money your clients have. It gets old telling people/families literally numerous times a day “you dont have enough money to afford assisted living.” management has a delusional mindset and believes every city and and every demographic has people who can afford senior housing. Management is just way out of touch and will squeeze every bit of free labor out of you they can. Pay is based off 40 hour work weeks but if you want to have any sustained success, plan on nearly doubling that based off the company’s expectations.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

They treat employees right

Nov 22, 2022 - Senior Advisor in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

You’re treated with respect no matter what because you’re a person and you have the right to feel safe, heard, and valued, and managers realize that.

Cons

None. In fact, I wish that more employers could be like APFM.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working from home!

Nov 13, 2022 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love that I get to work from home! It’s so easy waking up and going to work in my pajamas. I get to eat fresh made food all the time because my kitchen is right there and my hours are so much more flexible than at my last job. This is the best job I could have ever imagined for myself!

Cons

If this is all just a dream, nobody pinch me! I don’t want to wake up!

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Managers care about every single employee

Nov 9, 2022 - Anonymous in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team here at APFM goes above and beyond to make sure everyone is taken care of. It’s truly commendable and a trait I aspire to embody as I continue to move up in my career.

Cons

The opportunities to move up at the pace I wanted just weren’t there.

11. 5.0

Would work here again

Nov 23, 2022 - Elder Care Advisor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience was good. I’d work here again.

Cons

Say what you will, working from home just isn’t the same as coming into the office and interacting with your coworkers face-to-face.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 715 Reviews
</>Embed

A Place for Mom Reviews FAQs

A Place for Mom has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 743 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at A Place for Mom to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, A Place for Mom employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at A Place for Mom. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

80% of A Place for Mom employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated A Place for Mom 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at A Place for Mom to be culture, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, senior leadership, benefits.

Popular Careers with A Place for Mom Job Seekers