A-Plan Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

A-Plan Insurance Reviews

Updated Oct 7, 2019

Found 84 reviews

4.5
A-Plan Insurance CEO  (no image)
Pros
  • "If you are looking for career progression or even to just develop certain skills that will help you in the future then I would recommend A Plan(in 10 reviews)

• "I have progressed through various niche insurance teams and am now an assistant branch manager(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "busy environment, working Saturdays ( only till 12)(in 10 reviews)

• "Vast majority of Saturday mornings are very quiet and sometimes I feel are unnecessary - clients would accept Saturday closure(in 6 reviews)

1. "Really support growth and development"

Current Employee - Commercial Executive in Wimbledon, England

I have been working at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

My manager is always helping me to stretch myself to become a well rounded colleague. After completing the Cert CII, they have offered support me all the way to ACII. Team dynamic is great both in and out of work. The personal touch with clients is great as you get to know some interesting people.

Cons

Working Saturdays although it's not every weekend and only for 3.5hours

A-Plan Insurance2019-10-07
  2. "Fantastic Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Insurance Consultant

I worked at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoyable, rewarding and dynamic work.

Cons

Sometimes have to work on Saturdays

A-Plan Insurance2019-09-22
  3. "Ok to start off career in insurance, before moving on"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Wimbledon, England

I worked at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good start into insurance, helped with qualifications

Cons

Amount of hours, working weekends, poor wages in comparison to other roles in London, no commission like being back at school

A-Plan Insurance2019-10-06

A-Plan Insurance Response

October 7, 2019People Director

Thank you for your comments - I was sorry to see that you have decided to leave A-Plan. As you have highlighted we do invest in our employees professional qualifications and see this as part of our ongoing strategy to developing our future Branch Managers. Teams do work on a Saturday morning in order to meet the needs of our Clients but this is generally rostered within a branch. On your final point, we do not pay commission as this does not align with our client-focused culture. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we wish you every success in your future career.

4. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Branch Consultant in London, England

I have been working at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work with people who care about what they do and work hard to look after our clients. My manager is very supportive of my career development and encouraged me to pass my Cert CII.

Cons

Saturday mornings, but we have a rota.

Advice to Management

None that I can think of

A-Plan Insurance2019-09-03
  5. "Given every opportunity to succeed"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Horsham, England

I have been working at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

*The chance to take my career to the next level *Guidance and support from senior figures *The opportunity to flourish in a fast growing environment *Gaining qualifications *Given a position of Trust with the business and allowed to build my own branch * Positive, Friendly Team

Cons

I Truly cant find any bad in the opportunity and time i have spent with A-Plan

Advice to Management

additional courses for team members on a wider variety of subjects

A-Plan Insurance2019-09-02
  6. "A job for life!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

stability, progression, loyal and friendly company.

Cons

working Saturdays and not having a day off in the week.

A-Plan Insurance2019-08-21
  7. "Enjoyable Professional Working Environment"

Current Employee - Insurance Consultant in Macclesfield, England

I have been working at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Invest in the employees - worked here for less than 2 years and completed my CII exams and also on the road to progress towards branch manager. Competitive Salary Regular structured working hours (no shift work). Traditional in the sense of building and maintaining strong relationships with clients.

Cons

When working a Saturday you don't get the time back during the week.

A-Plan Insurance2019-08-21
  8. "All take and no give."

Current Employee - Insurance Consultant

I have been working at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary - they offer a reasonable salary of £18k-£25k depending on how good your negotation skills are. Company funded qualifications - (please see below)

Cons

Working hours - the job is often advertised as a Mon-Fri role with 'occasional Saturday's'. Realistically it is a Mon-Sat role with the occasional day off. Hours of work are not 8:30-5:30, as they are so understaffed it is not unusual to work through up until 7pm-8pm to get through your workload. Training - the training leaves much to be desired, as you are very much thrown into the deep end and expected to be able... to swim. Fine if you have previous insurance experience, but I watched many colleagues struggle with the lack of input/support from management within their first few months. -Recognition - there is none. This is a company which expects you to give your all 100% of the time until you burn out and there is very little/no recognition or appreciation for doing so. If you threaten to leave they often throw money at the problem, but I have found this is a temporary solution to the bigger problem. -Qualifications - as mentioned above, the company do offer funded qualifications. However, actually getting them to arrange for the study material to be sent to you and an exam date booked in is near impossible. For a company which makes such a song and dance about offering this benefit, I do not understand why they show such little interest in actually helping you achieve it. -Uniform - the company like to think of their uniform policy as 'traditional' but in actual fact it is just out-dated. It feels like being sent back to school where everybody is to look, dress and act the same. No personalities to be on show at any point. Incredibly draining when you spend 90% of your life there.

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff's well-being, instead of overworking and undervaluing them. Money is not the solution to every single problem. And stop getting staff to write 5* glass door reviews in return for promotions - I have seen it happen with my own eyes and it is incredibly misleading and false.

A-Plan Insurance2019-08-30

A-Plan Insurance Response

August 30, 2019

Sorry to read your comments - it is always our goal to ensure a happy and engaged workforce. Could you contact paul.sissons@aplan.co.uk to discuss in more detail.

9. "Great company"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Always promote from within - Each branch is unique but share the same values - No 2 days are the same - Hard work is rewarded in terms of compensation and perks - Supportive culture, not just from head office, but other branch managers.

Cons

None I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

A-Plan Insurance2019-08-13
  10. "A very good company that invest in people"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Andover, England

I have been working at A-Plan Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If you are looking for career progression or even to just develop certain skills that will help you in the future then I would recommend A Plan. A Plan invest in people with in-house training in branch, will cover the costs to put you through qualifications and run various courses at head office for all employees to help develop further. If you are after career progression there are continuously opportunities that... arise.

Cons

In comparison with other companies benefits could be better. E.g. gym memberships, holidays etc.

Advice to Management

Perhaps look at benefits that we offer in comparison to what other companies out there do and keep the courses going!

A-Plan Insurance2019-08-15