A World of Tile Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "GREAT Company & WONDERFUL CEO"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at A World of Tile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits are BETTER than competition - you have the ability to make what YOU want to make!
    Senior Management are great partners/always around when an important topic arises.
    We are GROWING as a company! New positions being created, stores are being remodeled, etc. It's a VERY FUN TIME to be working for this company right now!
    CEO is very knowledgable and spends a lot of time with the WHOLE team. He, along with the rest of upper management, DO CARE about the people and the success of EVERY individual within the organization.

Cons

Not necessarily a "con" - however, LOTS to learn in a quick time frame - must be able to think quickly on your feet. Time management is KEY in this business!
    Again, not a "con" - the reality is is that you have to be on the team, engaged and really care about your job and customers to do well in this business - you will earn what YOU put into it!
    A ONCE "con" that is NOW a "pro" - we have made GREAT strides in our efficiency with Product Delivery - the Warehouse Team has spent a lot of time working diligently on improving overall processes that has helped the stores provide better service to the clients.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! We continue to progress as a company, and we are making great strides right now!

2. "Exciting Growth company with great opportunity!"

Former Employee - District Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - District Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at A World of Tile (More than a year)

Pros

I joined the company excited about the vision and growth opportunity and that excitement never left me over the last 2 years. This company believes in the best of the best to achieve the aggressive goals and achievements that need to be accomplished. This environment creates a team atmosphere where everyone has a voice. The senior leadership have established a servant leadership role within the organization and this has helped create big wins on the board. The company is experiencing huge increases in sales results and highly talented teams. I would still be with the company, but I felt the Lord was leading me in a different direction and relocation. I wish all the best to the team I left behind!

Cons

Growing pains. It's not easy to grow aggressively.
    Sometimes tough to get high demand stock in a quick turnaround.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward.

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Aurora, CO

Pros

There is almost nothing good about working here!! If you have nothing else to do go for it!

Cons

Poor management. Terrible pay structure. High pressure sales tactics. No pay increases, no hourly pay all commission. Management wants you to be working at all times but doesn't compensate you for it!!! No benefits. Extremely high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Sell this business to someone who actually cares about their employees and their business as a whole. Management only wants to increase their bottom line to show a profitable business so they can sell it anyways!!

"Where to begin?"

Former Employee - Sales in Commerce City, CO
    Former Employee - Sales in Commerce City, CO

I worked at A World of Tile (Less than a year)

Pros

Better than being a waiter, maybe.

Cons

- Incredibly understaffed
    - Under paid
    - Everyone is a pawn, except for the buddies up top
    - No efforts at employee retention
    - No concern for employee well being. On paper they are very caring but in practice HA!
    - Do the job of 3 people, and then owe the company money because you're on a draw system. How would you like to owe someone after putting in a 50 hour+ work week?
    - Goals are unrealistic and unattainable. Not unless you're lucky or have been there for years
    - They want consistency but are inconsistent in everything they do
    - They'll promise growth opportunity but it's based on a pipedream

Advice to Management

Stop lying to yourselves first. Then stop lying to your employees. Set attainable expectations, and hire leaders, instead of just promoting sales people who only know how to hound employees.

"Will Miss This Company"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Its performance based so I was in control of my own pay, the best selection of wood look tile I have seen, stock their own items that are imported form all over the world, was promoted to store manager 7 months out of training, I was able to call the upper management anytime, made well over 70k, continually improving the training program to increase talent level, the mangers are put on committees that are able to make real changes throughout the company, and have made some life long friends. Bottom line, this company gave me an opportunity to make more money then I ever had. You get out of it what you put in. It also got me prepared for current job opportunities I would have never been qualified for previous to working here. If they had AWOT in the state I was moving to I would be there.

Cons

Had some issues with keeping items stocked but they made huge improvements in my last 5-6 months with the company. I guess its a good thing if your selling out of an item. I really don't have anything bad to say about this company.

"HR Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Englewood, CO

Pros

A World of Tile has great benefits for a company it's size. The 401(k) match is very generous. They offer flexibility and work/life balance.

Cons

The company goal is to reduce turnover and hire A-Players who will make their career with A World of Tile. This is a slow process, but well worth doing.

"Awesome company to work for. I have been with the company only a short time but I can see myself here for years to come."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lonetree, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Lonetree, CO

I have been working at A World of Tile full-time

Pros

The atmosphere here is really nice. Cool people to work with. And the hours are way better than some other companies I have worked for.

Cons

The only downside I can think of is its just a lot of info up front in training. Someone might get discouraged. Nothing to do but learn it.

Advice to Management

So far so good.

"Very disappointed, over promised and under delivered"

Former Employee - Tiles Salesman in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tiles Salesman in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at A World of Tile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good store layout, ability to sell all manufacturers tile, individual store management is good, new employee training

Cons

100% sales but company doesn't provide commission report, company does no advertising, commissioned salespeople must build all orders and do janitorial jobs, horrible inventory system, hard to sell tile when it's not in stock, average employee only earns $35k per year, not $60k like company tells you when they hire you, very high turnover

Advice to Management

The salespeople are your business, the focus should be on making them successful. High turnover do to lack of tools for salespeople.

"Don't waste your time or talent here"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at A World of Tile full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't think of a single one

Cons

Senior management is completely inept, immature, and incapable. Most of the managers I interacted with were as unprofessional and incapable of leading as anyone I've met in my career. The upper level manager behaved more like a junior high school punk, and seemed to think that making derogatory remarks about employees was a good management/leadership technique. He was a child. I left this company after a few frustrating months, and within the next 18 months they were sued TWICE by fomer employees for their employment practices ... and the company lost both cases. They have decent products, but if you're in need of such products you can buy them at many other stores.

Advice to Management

Grow up - get a clue - learn about true leadership and management. This ain't a child's game - it's business!

"Fun challenging place where you can make an impact for yourself, your customer and for improving a growing company."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at A World of Tile full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to control how much you make by the experience that you create for you customers. I am completely aligned with company standards of creating a great experience for our customers that will leave with a beautiful and long lasting home project. The company does a great job on providing a quality products with tremendous variety to exceed customer expectations. A solid foundation of training that allows you to continually learn.

Cons

You have really know that you will be working weekends and on your feet all day.