A-dec Employee Reviews about "dec"

Updated Oct 3, 2021

Found 12 of over 78 reviews

4.1
A-dec CEO Scott Parrish
Scott Parrish

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people to work with.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great benefits (though not offered to interns)(in 7 reviews)
  • "Very relaxed and friendly culture(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good pay, good benefits, the people like family.(in 3 reviews)
  • "The company is committed to their employees and actively takes input to make processes and working conditions better.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management, no room for growth, lots of overtime(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "dec"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people

Oct 1, 2020 - Program Manager in Newberg, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite thing about working at A-dec was the emphasis of the A-dec Way principles and the quality interactions between employees in all departments. I rarely received emails or chats late at night or on the weekend. It was a pleasure working with people who are knowledgeable in the dental field and who promote a positive customer experience in every process. A-dec is growing and leadership is stepping up to meet the challenge.

Cons

Hierarchical culture. Some resistance to change throughout the organization but that is overcome by a leadership team that is leading the charge.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

It Used To Be Great

Oct 3, 2021 - Machine Operator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The facilities are kept very clean and the campus is very nice and well-maintained.

Cons

A-Dec built it's reputation on of being a great place to work in the 60s, 70s, and 80s. But this is no longer the case. It is often talked about A-Dec's quality of people however, most of my coworkers were extremely toxic people and I dreaded coming into work. I have seen people literally taking notes on people's habit and looking for reasons to complain to direct management. I complained about this practice and it fell on deaf ears. There is and endless stream of childish, high-school drama as a result, but again management does not care. Many of the people whom I interacted with across the company said they were underpaid compared to similar positions at other companies they had worked. Management has no idea how to run a manufacturing environment, making nonsensical decisions that hurt shop performance while demanding higher output. Expect to work endless overtime as a result. The work/life balance is a marketing point in the new-hire onboarding. But yet the amount of time I actually got 3 days off a week over my 4 years was probably closer to 8 months. Due to the ridiculous shift-schedule you are unable to have a work/life balance, it's just work or life. The opportunities for advancement are basically none-existent and the opportunities that do exist are gated behind joining the A-Dec Cult. You are only allowed to advance if you adopt the proprietary language and system of right/wrong speak. They worship the founder of the company, and there is an internal company document of 'guiding principals' that they adhere to both in and out of work and it's all very unsettling, I've never worked anywhere that required this level of total mind and lifestyle alternation to advance. You should expect to not advance very far unless you also start toeing the weird, fake, self-help lifestyle.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Moves Slowly

Jul 27, 2021 - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Newberg, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible benefits, including great health plan, 5% profit share cash bonus, 3% 401K contbribution + 10% additional depending on profitability. A-dec has a great family-friendly culture.

Cons

Product development moves frustratingly slow, with roughly a decade between major product releases. Too many layers of leadership for effective decision making.

A-dec Response

Global People and Culture

It's so nice to hear your thoughtful review and we are happy to learn that you enjoy our culture and incredible benefits! Should there be additional feedback that you would like to share, please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

4. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Jul 28, 2021 - Manufacturing Engineer in Newberg, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Family oriented, the work schedule happens to be four days a week, at ten hour shifts which s really nice.

Cons

Can be a bit bureaucratic when it comes to make changes in either the design, or process at A-dec. Overall a great company to work for

A-dec Response

Global People and Culture

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience at A-dec. If you have any further feedback to share please email us at talent.acquisition@a-dec.com.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

This company has changed! It is not how it used to be. It is not how it appears in the glossy brochures!

Jun 30, 2012 - Mid-Level in Newberg, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

A stable company with a long rich history of innovation. Dental is a great industry to be in with very few real competitors. A-dec products are sold internationally.

Cons

Too many legacy processes with departments blaming other departments at every turn. Many incompetent managers from the good old boy network. Very low pay and this company is extremely top heavy. Stay far away! Really too far to drive from NE or SE Portland.

6 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fantastic Family Owned Company

May 26, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Newberg, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership genuinely cares about the families that work at A-dec and are committed to maintaining this very special workplace.

Cons

It is a big ship that is slow to change direction. So trying to get new initiatives lit is a long process.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Can't imagine working anywhere else.

Dec 26, 2018 - Machine Operator in Newberg, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Been there 2 years and love my job more everyday. Great benefits, great schedule, opportunities to move up.

Cons

Not to be a Homer but I have no complaints. I have work at really crappy companies and some pretty great companies and A-dec is the place to be!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company

Feb 10, 2014 - Manufacturing in Newberg, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a very "family" type work atmosphere. A-dec cares about their community and does a few extra's for their employees to show they care. Great retirement plan.

Cons

Very political and some of the lower/middle management is a joke. The company seems to be taking a turn from putting employees first to caring about the bottom line which will really ruin the good thing they have going.

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Sep 2, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A-dec is a great place to do challenging and fun work. This family owned business takes great care of their employees.

Cons

Things take a while to change

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company to Work For

Feb 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A-dec offers a great place to work. Management care about everyone and offers good work/life balance options. I appreciate the 4-10 work schedule. Family owned.

Cons

Management is slow to respond to market changes. The product development process is sluggish, often as a result of scope creep and decision by committee.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Reviews