A'gaci Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jon Won

Pros
Cons
  • Corporate does not care about employees, policies are constantly changing, district managers are not trained correctly, very unprofessional (in 12 reviews)

• Product designs compete with one another, dress code is outdated, especially for men (in 8 reviews)

"Great starting job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at A'gaci part-time

Pros

Great discount
    Fast-paced environment
    Lots of hours to give
    Corporate office is local
    Great pay with constant opportunity to move up

Cons

Store manager doesn't care, constantly coming in late without any repercussions.
    Short-staff
    High turnover due to store manager
    HR doesn't protect associates that report store manager violations

Advice to Management

Value your team, and don't just hire bodies.

"I am in A'gaci LA team."

Current Employee - Buyer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at A'gaci full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice coworkers. Ther are friendly and open minded people. It is good place to communicate each other.

Cons

CEO's in appropriate attitude. He treat all employees bad. He pretends to be a good CEO. But to be honesty, he is very tightfisted. He is unfair to every single one. It is hard for me to say in detail. But I want to say, he is very arrogant and he has bossy attitude.

Advice to Management

Employees are essential assets to the company. The CEO should take care and treat well all employees.

3. "Fashion Consultant"

Current Employee - Fashion Sales Consultant in Ponce, PR
    Current Employee - Fashion Sales Consultant in Ponce, PR

I have been working at A'gaci part-time (More than a year)

Pros

41% Discount
    Flexible schedule
    Fun environment
    Awesome coworkers

Cons

When it's low sales season, they cut hours to 5 hours per week or less (one day to work in a week, or In case a free week)
    Policy changes all the time so we confuse some rules
    System in the register is a little tricky, so you have to be eye open when you were in register because if you have a short/overage you get a warning and if you reach 3 the company get out you of work.
    There so many shoplifters that you get worry sometimes about security in the store.

A'gaci Response

Apr 4, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Please review your schedule availability to ensure that it matches what your Store Manager has for you, to allow them the opportunity to rectify this situation. If you have already discussed this ... More

5. "Visual Merchandiser"

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in McAllen, TX
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in McAllen, TX

I worked at A'gaci full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay and hours were always available. Monday thru Friday and weekends off

Cons

Dumb management that did not know how to run the store. Clothes everywhere and no finger to point at anyone.

Advice to Management

Communicate better

6. "Great experience, immature environment."

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at A'gaci full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Got great experience. Moved up really quickly. Based on performance.

Cons

Because it's based on performance, those that have been there longer feel unappreciated and despise you for moving up, especially being a male in a female's market.

"sales associate review"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in McAllen, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in McAllen, TX

I worked at A'gaci part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff and hectic environment.

Cons

The managers don't help with recovering the merchandise so everyone ends up going home late. I wasn't offered any benefits. I was only hired for the month of August.

A'gaci Response

Mar 7, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

A'GACI strives to ensure that members of management lead by example and stresses the importance of staying within the parameters of Team Members' scheduled hours. This feedback will be forwarded ... More

"Despicable Owner"

Former Employee - District Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - District Manager in New York, NY

I worked at A'gaci full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Getting the hell out! thats the one positive I can think off. My self-worth is slowly coming back to me and jus to think how I put up with the abuse for the time that I did, its pretty crazy.

Cons

Owner plays favorite, most specially if she is young and pretty. For someone with those qualities he will keep you even if that means that sales are not good, that stores are not fully staff, and that shrink as we'll as standards are not consistent. In addition there is no consistency in compensation a District Manager may have car allowance if negotiated prior to starting but will get in trouble if ask after the fact to be treated fairly. Owner feels that employees should not feel entitle to anything as he provides for a job already. Newsflash -we are in the USA, we are not in any o the Koreas. Perhaps you should be more grateful and put some efforts in being FAIR and CONSISTENT!! Numbers don't lie so what would you lie to yourself unless that it is to support those who you like -AKA-young & pretty.

Advice to Management

Do not become a puppet for this clown, this will ruin your career down the road and no one will be at AGACI forever, the sooner you get out the sooner you can continue with your career. There is light at the end of the tunnel and a lot more better places than AGACI for sure! Don't be surprise when an UNION starts to get your store employees organize as at this point this will be the only way in which the home office abuse to the field will end. UNIONS be aware, AGACI employees will welcome an orientation!

9. "A'gaci"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Laredo, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Laredo, TX

I have been working at A'gaci part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The discount is great, met a lot of great sales associates and everyone is easy to get along with even the managers.

Cons

Some managers can be rude at times to either other managers, sales associates and customers. Some kept it very professional and respected everyone. The store is dirty and always in need of deep cleaning no matter how much sales associates try cleaning.

Advice to Management

Keep it professional at all times

"Absolutely zero culture and full of crooks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at A'gaci full-time

Pros

You get cheap junior clothes even cheaper with a staff discount.

Cons

First of all, all the wrong people are in the managing position. This is the crystallised form of nepotism, cronyism and favouritism. There is no such thing as "climbing up the corporate ladder" here because you have to be related to the company owner.

Secondly, the company is completely disrespectful to the employees. In the LA office people get laid off without any notice because according to California laws, there is no notice required. It still is a business courtesy to give them notice though. You come back from a vacation and boom! You are fired. You use a sick day? You are fired with an email so that you don't get paid for your PTO/sick day. Your first week of work? Fired on the same week. You worked here for more than two years? Doesn't matter, they will still fire you without any notice. Oh, I'm sorry I put the title as "zero culture." There is a fear culture within the employees. But when you feel bad at work, just look at the poor foreign interns (more like slaves.) It's a heaven compare to them.

Lastly, A'gaci, don't put your fake response saying you appreciate my time to write the review. I know you just copy and paste your comment. You just want to make it seem like you care. I had to write the review so people can make a right decision. Did I mention the company is disrespectful to the employees?

Advice to Management

Management is extremely old fashioned and unprofessional. Give employees notice and explanations. Be respectful. Karma bites you back.

"Allright job for a college student"

Former Employee - Fashion Consultant in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Fashion Consultant in Austin, TX

I worked at A'gaci part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great discout, cute clothes

Cons

Insanity. Working in the outlet malls is rough. More stress than its work, especially if you are also a student.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff, 2 people are not enough to run the store at one time.