A1 Garage Door Service Reviews
81% would recommend to a friend
(230 total reviews)
87% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The training they provide will truly mold you into a better person and leave you wanting to be the best version of you each and everyday." (in 13 reviews)
- "Great Pay after you get a few months in the field" (in 11 reviews)
- "Amazing people to work for" (in 7 reviews)
- "Great people and great benefits" (in 6 reviews)
- "The culture at A1 Garage is amazing and fun to be apart of." (in 6 reviews)
- "So you make not enough to survive at first but if you’re good and get the promotions you make crazy good money after a year" (in 6 reviews)
- "The parking in the new building is limited." (in 4 reviews)
- "It can be hot, cold, wet, dirty, long days and hard work." (in 4 reviews)
- "Incredibly long hours." (in 3 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of A1 Garage Door Service and is not affected by filters.
Found 230 of over 233 reviews
Updated Nov 3, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 3.0May 17, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The company's ideas are awesome. Benefits are good too. The only reason I took off stars is because of what I went through in the department.
I actually love this company and everything about it. However, if you choose to work here, don’t work in the marketing department. Their “leader” does not know what they’re doing. They will give you all these tasks that are a waste of time and will never be implemented. You’ll be let go (scapegoated) due to “poor performance” even though there are facts showing that the performance wasn’t poor and it’s clear it was budget issues but your character will still be attacked. Asking for communication, feedback, and help is a joke from the “leader”. There is a lot of possibility for the marketing department but not with current leadership. You’ll be lied to, ignored, and you’re 1-on-1’s will end with a disappointed look and questions like “what do you want to get out of this meeting?” after going through all of the marketing updates. Being asked what you do on a daily basis is fun too. Your work load will be INSANE and you’ll always feel like you’re running in place. You’ll get multiple emails for different managers and it will become over bearing and when you ask how to handle it, you’ll be told to show empathy but he will never have your back. The one thing I regret is not taking proof off my work computer showing how non-communicative this so called “leader” is.
- 3.0Aug 26, 2023InstallerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearOrlando, FL
You do not need experience to start to work with them. The training is 4 weeks in your market and 4 weeks in phoenix AZ. After you are done with the training they provide you with all the tools and a company vehicle with a gas card and a tolls card. Great coworkers and a lot of support from them
There's a lot of driving.... Driving is not pay, you just get pay for installing the door. BUT you have to go to the distributor to pick up the door, pick up other materials needed for the job, and then throw away all the old material you removed from the last job.... All of that is not pay, so you can work 10 hours in a day and just get pay 5... sometimes less
- 1.0Nov 3, 2023EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
Good people below the C-Level
There's literally 8 copies of the book "How To Win Friend and Influence People" framed immediately when you walk through the door, complete with a few copies of the CEO's book. Meeting are filled with weird alpha male influencer content. CEO literally encourages employees to spend beyond their means to force themselves to make more money.
- 1.0Oct 30, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
There are none that I can think of.
Too many to share. The culture is horrible and you are just a number. You have no support in anything you do there. Look elsewhere and you will easily find a better place to work.
- 5.0Aug 21, 2023Garage Door TechnicianCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNashville, TN
Your output determines your outcome. With zero experience or 20 years of experience A1 will train you and set you up for success. The best part of working for A1 is the brotherhood. We are all here for one another when advice or help is needed. A1 is by far the best company I’ve ever worked for.
There can be long days
- 3.0Oct 31, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Very Flexible work schedule and accommodating to needing time off Remote opportunities
No room for growth No raise evaluation
- 5.0Aug 21, 2023Garage TechnicianCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSan Antonio, TX
Easy to move up and improve Great support from fellow coworkers Work vehicle that you can take home
Really hot Sometimes rude clients
- 5.0Aug 21, 2023Junior Service TechnicianCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearPhoenix, AZ
They take great care of you. Always improving.
Long days with little guaranteed pay.
A1 Garage Door Service Reviews FAQs
A1 Garage Door Service has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 233 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at A1 Garage Door Service to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -11% over the last 12 months.
81% of A1 Garage Door Service employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated A1 Garage Door Service 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.