A1 Solar Power Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
David Malka

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy to move on since everyone is selling solar (in 2 reviews)

• Dedicated team of employees (excluding upper management and sales) (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • No benefits for employees but thanks for adding PTO (in 8 reviews)

• Childish management, greedy & scam-like sales practices, and the company's financial status was murky (in 3 reviews)

1. "work place with endless opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Van Nuys, CA

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work place with endless opportunity, very nice place to work, the best managers and good salary.
    they always remember my birthday with cake and drinks

Cons

actually no downside only positive they keep me working well trained well and more professional
    i need to drive to work 25 minutes every day

Advice to Management

Keep good work with smile

"Endless opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is fast growing start up mode , in the solar industry .
    As employee there you can make a change , the ownership is open minded and willing to adapt .
    Hand on executive .

Cons

It's a startup so there isn't so much stability over there .

Advice to Management

Keep on the direction you guys started , we can see you taking it in the right direction

"Good people and as great place to work"

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be honest I have work for larger and smaller companies throughout the construction industry in all areas for years, I have never felt so at home in a place of work. It is like a second home, we consider & care for each other as family. if you have a question or a situation you can turn to anybody and receive help, not only from co workers or managers but upper management and owners. There is full balance for me between home, family and work. I'm just shy of a full year of working here and have learned and enjoyed every day.

Cons

benefits - Medical and 401k - wish we received them.

Advice to Management

Lets keep on doing it.

"Life Changing"

Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter
    Current Employee - Senior Corporate Recruiter

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A1 Solar is a great place to work! The people who work here are wonderful: intelligent, ambitious, motivated, and perhaps most important - FUN! The management team welcomes constructive feedback on business processes from every level of the organization. Additionally, A1 Solar invests a lot in their training and development team, which helps with personal and professional growth. It is very exciting to be part of such a fast growing company!!

Cons

None so far that I can see or have experienced

Advice to Management

5. "An Amazing learning experience !"

Former Employee - Telemarketing Supervisor in Van Nuys, CA
    Former Employee - Telemarketing Supervisor in Van Nuys, CA

I worked at A1 Solar Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company where you will have this opportunity for learning and growth and to meet amazing people

Cons

Not much to say here I really enjoyed the time that I worked for this company

Advice to Management

Get health insurance for your employees

6. "The future."

Current Employee - Finance in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Finance in Van Nuys, CA

Pros

I have been working here for three months. I come from a corporate heavy background at the age of 23. I worked at Honda Coporate financial services, and many would think Honda was an amazing job; however, it was , but I can truly say I enjoy waking up each day to help each customer than I did at Honda. I've had the great opportunity to learn a lot from my Director of Finance & my manager in the finance department here at A1. When I first started working at Honda & had to learn on my own by sitting in front of a computer for two weeks straight & 8 hours each day. It was not the easiest & most enjoyable job. My first week at A1 Solar I was able to learn so much that I was excited each day to come in. I was able to asks many questions, & was instructed so well to this point with such great patience & joy. I still come into work with a great student mentality & excitedly learning each day. I am able to call customers in Spanish/English to help them understand every bit of financing that they are being provided: therefore, they feel they are loved by each member no matter where they are located. David Malka can be described as a "tough" person; however, I truly understand his vision & passion for his company. I enjoy every challenge he has set upon me these last three months to make things happen. It excites me to say "bring it on;" therefore, I can take each challenge down to help the company grow. I enjoy going out to lunch with each one of my co-workers regardless of what department they are in. A1 solar power has a great vision & great growing opportunity. I can only imagine the future.

Cons

Some people dress to casual, & as a corporate office I strongly believe that we should lead by example by our presence & work ethic. Its obvious in some employees that they are there for their check; not to truly help the company.

Advice to Management

I truly enjoy that our executives work just as hard as we do. I truly feel that everyone is equal in the company. I truly enjoy every challenge that my director, manager, and excutives ask from me. I'd ask to hire people with passion & heart to help their company. People that lead by example & motivate others to become greater, and also not be afraid to let go of employees that No longer show passion.

7. "Project Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at A1 Solar Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We getting much help from our co workers which make us more efficient

Cons

No benefits for employees but thanks for adding PTO

Advice to Management

Hire more professional employees

8. "A1 Solar ROCKS!"

Current Employee - Accounting Department in Van Nuys, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting Department in Van Nuys, CA

Pros

I have been working in the Accounting department for almost a year and I LOVE it! I work under a wonderful Controller. Not only is she a great and strict boss but she is also a wonderful friend. We work under a new CFO who is leading the company in the right direction. I truly enjoy my time here. We are not micro-managed; we have flexibility with work schedules and lunches. All that A1 Solar requires of it's employees is that our work is completed in a timely manner. Additionally, we work for a kid friendly company, not many companies will allow you time off to attend school functions or to bring your kids to work. A1 Solar truly ROCKS! Our IT department works hard to keep us up and running at all times. Our Regional Sales manager and our Regional Operations manager are simply awesome! We all work as a team. Our motto is "Teamwork makes the Dream Work." Additionally, they encourage us to further our education, the more we know, the more we can bring to the company. My boss has motivated me SOOO much, that I even went back to school.

In all honesty, I truly believe that bad reviews are posted by disgruntled ex-employees.

Cons

I'll re-post when I have something to complain about. :)

Advice to Management

I content with the way things are changing. Let's keep moving in the right direction and make A1 Solar Power the #1 solar company!

9. "Sales Rep-Project manager"

Pros

Good people work there. The focus is on doing what's right for the Customers

Cons

Communications are not efficient, there are too many variables in how info is shared

Advice to Management

Pay attention to web presence and follow up with happy customers to gain positive web audience

"Fast growing company in Solar I In the process of opening 9th location still structuring and establishing process"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at A1 Solar Power full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to Grow, Opportunity to be promoted
    Green Industry, the future of the world helping customers save money
    Dynamic, Customers, Technology, Operations and MKT
    Young & Energetic Will become Nation Wide in the coming years

Cons

Hard work and a lot of demands
    Expectations for better and MORE all the time
    Detailed and Results oriented, Numbers are part of the culture

Advice to Management

Uniformity
    Cross training
    Benefits
    "One on One"
    Stability