A10 Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
A10 Networks Founder & CEO Lee Chen
Lee Chen

Pros
  • Flexible work hours (you can work almost any hours, as long as you finish your work) (in 5 reviews)

• great place to learn a lot about network technology, web applications, etc (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can get a bit lopsided (in 6 reviews)

• Engineers are expected to work everyday for 10 to 12 long hours (in 7 reviews)

1. "Need some work on Benefits"

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time

Pros

Great People and great product

Cons

They need better better benefits

"Work-Life Balance not good"

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time

Pros

- Hard working folks.
    - Learning opportunity plenty for new graduates out of school as employees are expected to work a lot.

Cons

- No stable deadlines for software releases.
    - Work-Life balance sucks
    - HR team not supportive
    - Top management don't care about emplyees only worried about customer releases

Advice to Management

-Improve top management
    -Consider Work-Life balance of employees
    -Hire good managers. Some of them are not professional

3. "Changing market and the ability to change with it"

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Engineering team is very strong on both sides of the company. Development and Sales.

Cons

Market is move away from traditional LB and the lack of enterprise wins is hurting the long term growth aspects of the company

"Don't have products that sell"

I worked at A10 Networks full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people work at A10

Cons

The company lost its focus on who they are. Products are very difficult to sell. many missing features as compared to their competition. A prospect once said- A10 is not innovating, they simply build custom products for the highest bidder.

6. "Inside Sales Representative"

I worked at A10 Networks full-time

Pros

Long term employees if you find the right organization you can have staying power

Cons

Up and down work environment

7. "Nice People to work with"

Pros

Nice group of people. Not always comfortable with necessary changes.

Cons

Trying to convert to a Public Company mindset. Data structures not always well thought out for reporting.

8. "Good product, company and culture"

Former Employee - Pre-sales Senior Network Engineer in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Pre-sales Senior Network Engineer in Lakeland, FL

I worked at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the product. Learned very much about the sales process.

Cons

Direct manager didn't provide support when working with a difficult coworker. The company was slow to innovate toward a cloud DDoS offering. Marketing was bad.

Advice to Management

If you're a manager, then manage your employees and situations. Don't take a hands off approach.

Nov 3, 2016 – Sr Director

We're sad to hear about your management experiences. We are doing all we can to help improve on that situation. But if there is anything specific you'd like to add, please email us at ... More

"Overall good but pay not upto market standard"

Pros

-> Free dinner
    -> Free raffles
    -> 401k, bonus, health insurance are good.
    -> Work culture has improved a lot from tedious to flexible work hours.

Cons

-> Stock increments are too slow.
    -> Pay not per market standards.

Oct 21, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you for your feedback! We are looking at ways to fix the cons you have listed. Standby. Thank you for your hard work!

"FIRE! READY! AIM! UNDER-Performer. GREAT core tech, POOR execution. CONFUSED products. (Couldda Been a Contender!)"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PEOPLE are mostly AWESOME and super friendly! There are of course some exceptions, but everyone here seems genuinely interested in how things are going and seems to be interested in trying to make a difference. Dead weight mostly won't stick around too long (unless management turns a blind eye, which has happened). If the people weren't as good as they are, I suspect there would be higher turnover.

VERY strong product engineering for core products. AMAZING Technical Assistance Center (TAC) - they are among the best in the industry. Strong technical leadership.

EXCELLENT cloud product offerings (but many aspects of licensing and billing remain an issue for field sales teams).

STRONG product value proposition (if you can figure out what product you need, and what version of code you should be running).

I HAVE LEARNED A LOT both technically, and in terms of what propels a company forward and what holds them back.

Cons

FIELD SALES LEADERSHIP needs stronger people in the field. LOUSY REGIONAL SALESPEOPLE who think they can just pester prospects after a "demo", then collect a PO and lean entirely on their SE is a critical fallacy and a recipe for tech turn-over, something this company cannot deal with, especially with respect to the growing confusion in the current product lineup. Hire GROWN-UPS; not little kids in over their heads who want to whine to mommy & daddy.

SERIOUS SOFTWARE QUALITY ISSUES bubbling up over last 2 quarters, but are now mostly "on the mend". It is worrying to see that core product mis-steps have had several long-term customers dump A10 to move to competitive solutions after being burned on ops issues with these products one too many times. If you cannot release a product where EVERYTHING JUST WORKS, then DON'T RELEASE IT, DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, DON'T POST IT ON THE WEBSITE as "GA" or "EA". Just DON'T.

SHARES/OPTIONS UNDER WATER by 2X due to crappy forecasting and subsequent Wall Street punishment. Shares ARE undervalued, but I would have thought that board and C-Level people here would have had some experience with taking a company public so everyone could profit. I guess not, or their profit-sharing ideas are a sham...not sure.

COMPENSATION - frozen salaries for 24+ months? Even for those of us selling despite all the above? REALLY?

CURRENTLY, there are many more cons than pros. Came on board looking long-term home and options that'd be worth something. Too many growing pains here that undermine core product focus and if not fixed SOON, the outlook is quite bleak.

Advice to Management

GET YOUR DEV AND Q/A ACTS TOGETHER and under-promise and over-deliver. It's been 180 degrees from that for the last year, and it has been a disaster.

MAKE SURE ALL PRODUCTS ARE FIELD TESTED BY WILLING PARTICIPANTS before you offer them for use/sale. Half-baked solutions not only harm the company's reputation and share price, but also alienate prospects and seriously put off long-time customers.

STOP letting the board and clueless investors tell A10 what products are needed and concentrate on making the material defects in the CORE products disappear for real ... grow a pair and push BACK and start to FOCUS ON YOUR PRODUCT VISION. Don't build a hodge-podge of solutions looking for a problem then break them out into a "new product" few understand or want to buy - this is a total waste of time/energy. If you want to make new stuff, leave it in "the oven" longer, instead of the half-baked stuff we've been doing since IPO.

Mr. Chen would do well to find strong QA and DEV managers who can EXECUTE, and then replace himself to focus on core product VISION.

Jul 25, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you for your feedback. This is very detailed and honest and we really appreciate that! We will take this feedback and send it to the teams in your subject and see what we can to help makes some ... More

"New Employee"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely friendly
    Approachable management environment
    Great leadership and mentorship
    Fun

Cons

Yet to find any but excited to be a part of a journey where we can strike a balance between a heavily engineering centric company to a marketing meets eng company

Advice to Management

Excellent culture, hoping it only gets even better

Jul 11, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear you are loving the culture and yes, it will get better and better!