A10 Networks Reviews in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

3.4
A10 Networks Founder & CEO Lee Chen
Lee Chen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great place to learn a lot about network technology, web applications, etc (in 5 reviews)

• Flexible work hours (you can work almost any hours, as long as you finish your work) (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can get a bit lopsided (in 6 reviews)

• Engineers are expected to work everyday for 10 to 12 long hours (in 7 reviews)

1. "Software Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Clear goals, Excellent management, Excellent mentorship, Great HR, great learning experience, well defined expectations

Cons

I did not find any

2. "Software Engineer Intern"

Former Intern - Software Engineer Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Every good team to work for as an intern

Cons

To Less time for Making significant contribution

Advice to Management

Better training sessions for new interns

"New Employee"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extremely friendly
    Approachable management environment
    Great leadership and mentorship
    Fun

Cons

Yet to find any but excited to be a part of a journey where we can strike a balance between a heavily engineering centric company to a marketing meets eng company

Advice to Management

Excellent culture, hoping it only gets even better

Jul 11, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are thrilled to hear you are loving the culture and yes, it will get better and better!

4. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people...The culture and people of A10 are great They make it worth while to work there

Cons

No direction from management. Leadership needs to listen more to employees...

Advice to Management

Listen more to their employees. Let go of directors who are just resting on a salary and not understanding the demand from their specific teams..

Jun 27, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you for the feedback! We really appreciate the information and we will look into your concerns.

"Work..Work..just work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can learn a lot and good place to grow

Cons

Engineers are expected to work everyday for 10 to 12 long hours. Managers do not care as long as you give your share and more. I worked for a10 for 2 years and flexibility is a tough one to negotiate. I have a new addition to the family so I moved on.

Advice to Management

Hire managers with social skills not just pure work. Horrible place to be at.

Jun 27, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are working hard to provide a work/life balance here at A10 Networks and your comments were very helpful.

"Great learning experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A10 is definitely a great place to start your career and to be exposed to many things in the networking industry. The work place is very fast paced and you won't get bored easily. Snacks and dinner is provided, along with bagels on Fridays.

Cons

Working between releases can be very chaotic and upper management planning may seem unrealistic. Because of the fast paced environment you are pretty much expected to work many hours with little room for errors. Salary comparison to competitors is also lacking.

Advice to Management

Release and feature planning still needs to be improved. A lot of good talent are leaving, need to implement better strategies at retaining and acquiring talent as well as keeping current employees happy.

Jun 27, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will be looking into your advice and plan accordingly for the future. We really appreciate your comments.

"Great People & Product, difficult organizational structure"

Former Employee - Technical Writer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great place to learn a lot about network technology, web applications, etc.
    - great place to start you career
    - great product
    - amazing people who are both brilliant and passionate
    - pretty good worklife balance, perks, community, etc
    - very respectful community, management, etc.

Cons

- deadline management (deadlines often extended, feels like you're always in crunch time)
    - difficult to figure out which engineers are working on which features, especially when it changes
    - not a lot of flexibility in terms of changing roles, compared to smaller other startups

Advice to Management

- don't enforce deadlines that can't be met
    - integrate UI, docs & QA into the rest of the engineering processes
    - continue to make employees feel valued, but try to provide more opportunities for growth within the company (particularly for people transitioning towards more technical roles)

Jun 27, 2016 – Sr Director

8. "Network Support Engineer"

Former Employee - NetworkEngineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - NetworkEngineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility business hours but is not for all employees, it depends on position.

Cons

staff are like elementary school students mentality, every employees try to dig holes for co-workers. no teamwork. No code of ethics.

Jun 27, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you very much for your feedback! We will be working very hard to make these types of changes and your comments were very helpful. Thank you again!

"A clueless company with no planning or vision"

Former Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Staff Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at A10 Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything they do has a hidden agenda. They provide food in the evening's so that people will not leave early. Previously,before the ipo , the stocks were the carrot. Now its gone.

Cons

There are a few people at the top who control everything. This group's basic agenda is to suck out the blood from employees. They make the employees work 24*7. Only trusted people in the inner circle are assigned key projects even if they are incompetent. Others are considered as outsiders. You can see all employees tired and drained. Key people in management talk bad of employees. HR is a joke in this company. They have no power.

Advice to Management

If you guys treat employees this way it is a matter of time before you get into trouble.

Jun 27, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you very much for your feedback! We will be working very hard to make these types of changes and your comments were very helpful. Thank you for your had work at A10 Networks1

"Excellent Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at A10 Networks full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company valuation considering the number of products and revenue is very compelling, there is lots of potential to appreciate which means it is a great time to join the company now and in the next few months. Gaining grounds in Security market place in addition to ADC and IPv6 CGN markets, initially with DDoS product and recently with brand new Firewall product.
    Employees and management share common vision and goals for the company, to deliver exceptional products, to be a great place to work, learn and grow.
    Lots of success in Japan and have strong influence of A10 products (ADC and CGN) within top Telecom and Service Providers. Received Japan Application Delivery Controller Vendor of the Year in the 2015 Frost & Sullivan Japan Excellence Awards.

Cons

More focus on execution and manage expense

Jun 27, 2016 – Sr Director

Thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate the time and dedication you've put forth here at A10 Networks and your feedback will be looked into. Thank you again!