AAA Carolinas Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
David Parsons

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay for being a Tow Driver and the job that come with it" (in 6 reviews)

• "Sometimes the work-life balance issue is not given as much consideration as some would like, but honestly, others don't see an issue" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Love it"

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company Great benefits I would recommend

Cons

Need more internal advancement opportunities

2. "Ok"

Former Employee - Emergency Roadside Tech in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Emergency Roadside Tech in Raleigh, NC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to meet all types of people. Work out of a company truck. You can accept tips. Most importantly, I had the chance to help people daily.

Cons

Keeping a high calls per hour rate can be pretty stressful. At my office you weren't assigned a truck, so you are constantly missing things. The scheduling can be ridiculous.

Advice to Management

More so corporate management needs to not forget the the frontline employees.

3. "Working at AAA"

Pros

Off by 6 at the latest. Off on Sundays. Rotating Saturdays. Some days-lunch provided.

Cons

Low pay. Low commissions.

Advice to Management

Pay better wages and commissions.

4. "Rude, hr doesn’t listen, I want to file charges"

Former Employee - Travel Agent in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I met a couple of really nice people on outings. Gave me a chance to grow and see what the world was.

Cons

Wow do I have so much to say. While working there I gathered at least 10 pages front and back of everything that was going wrong there and I’m not even talking abou what happened to me which I’ll keep private. Employees are uppity at this location, they talk HORRIBLE about all of their clients. The make fun and cause dramas they act like drama teenagers when they are full grown adults. My boss was selfish. They were all fake. If you can please stay far away from this place. I asked several times for chances to grow and only focused on everything wrong I did. I asked for several training opportunities and never got them and when I asked for help I was brushed off. The pay sucks, commission is hardly noticeable while you’re working there. Employees will take any chance to rub you into the ground so they can get one up on you. They will not hesitate to use you for their own gain. Don’t.Trust.Anyone. Do not if you can tell them Anything about you. I’m not going to tell anyone to not work here but keep to yourself. Do not talk to the other employees. I’m telling you, they WILL use you.

Advice to Management

Selfish people, learn to grow up. Hr needs to get their stuff together. I’m serious. There are so many things behind scenes that are completely messed up here.

5. "Stressful company"

Pros

profit sharing opportunity, close to home

Cons

hiring the wrong people, not giving employees a chance to grow.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to employees for a change.

"Awful"

Former Employee - Travel Agent in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Huntersville, NC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits and opportunities to travel

Cons

Couldn't take off and use the benefits because of an extremely selfish manager. Pay is poor as well.

"The good ole boy network, but instead the good ole gal network"

Former Employee - Travel Agent in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Raleigh, NC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros. Soon enough AAA Travel will be long gone and just car care and insurance will remain.

Cons

The leadership on the Travel side is that version you would see in banking or poltics of the "good ole boy" system, except it is a ton of females who are there to use and create drama at any time to discourage anyone not of their elder or their gender to strive to succeed and become super successful for their job. If you want a job with AAA make sure you get it at corporate and not in certain regions, that is for SURE!

Advice to Management

Get rid of all your regional and store managers and work within to find those who would be of great opportunity for the company. Best friends shouldn't be working together.

8. "Good people within the company and great mission, but staff could use better pay. Reason for high turnover"

Current Employee - Travel Agent in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Travel Agent in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, travel perks are great!

Cons

Commission are minimal, pay is low for the amount of knowledge required to learn, and high turnover

Advice to Management

Pay all levels higher, whether hourly pay or commission. Talk to employees more and see what they want and how to keep them. Otherwise, great career place to start and great training.

"Alot of unclear rules, When hired alot of hidden fees and costs!"

Former Employee - Shop Tech in Irmo, SC
    Former Employee - Shop Tech in Irmo, SC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer health insurance, not cheap but it is available!

Cons

Daily rules and policies change as anyone who thinks they have any authority sees fit. It is really crazy to take 3 steps forward then 4 backwards. Low pay .. no where near where employees should be.. So if the employees aren't getting paid where is all the money they work so hard for going??? Maybe Management and upper management? They don't tell you there's a big deposit on the uniforms they take out each week until it's reached. They make you buy special shoes after you're hired from Shoes For Crews. No one told me any of this during the interview or right after I was hired. I'm here until I find another job. If I knew all of this I would have passed on working here..

Advice to Management

they have their own agenda and as long as they get their bonuses and that a boys... they have no other regards for the hard working employees.

"Hands down the worst company to work for."

Current Employee - Service Technician in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Service Technician in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great benefits, great benefits

Cons

Management , management, management, management

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees they are front line and know what’s really going on.