AAA Carolinas Reviews

3.3
AAA Carolinas CEO David Parsons
David Parsons
Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay for the job requirements(in 7 reviews)

• "They're only looking for people who want to stay forever so they have high turnover from people who dont want to stick it out or get burnt out(in 6 reviews)

1. "LOVED IT"

5.0
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Roanoke Rapids, NC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay was weekly and 11.50 overtime the environment was good very awesome people out there everyone was friendly and supportive I honestly miss it and given the opportunity would take training again do it again

Cons

For me I really didn't have any but 1 training was rushed through my trainer in particular I hated her teaching method she didn't give us enough time training was suppose to be for 3 weeks I feel as though I was rushed out the door because of her lack of teaching

AAA Carolinas2019-12-06

December 9, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with AAA. We will pass on your comments to our management team.

2. "Good job"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Roanoke Rapids, NC

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great job if your young no kids and ready for a full commitment

Cons

Very strict about any missed days or early leaves , even if you have the dr paper work or notes

AAA Carolinas2020-02-25

February 27, 2020HR Generalist

We care deeply for our team members and strive to provide schedules that offer much needed work/life balance. We appreciate your feedback and will share your comments with our leadership team.

3. "Overall Positive"

4.0
    Former Employee - Travel Agent

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My time at AAA was overall a good experience. The support staff in headquarters is excellent and there is no shortage of opportunities for training and advancement. The company has a career path model for the travel agents, which I personally enjoyed, as I never felt stagnant in my career or bored on the job.

Cons

Although the company has a good benefits package, the pay scale varies on the level of a travel agent, and the compensation is not proportionate for effort that is required to excel until you're a TSS4 (senior travel agent). Each branch is different so I saw a lot of inconsistency of morale and performance expectations from office to office. In addition, I also observed high turnover for lower level travel agents (not sure if it's because of miscommunication of expectations), which was a point of frustration for me. I also experienced burnout and saw the same for other travel agents across the board.

AAA Carolinas2020-01-15

January 21, 2020HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with AAA. We provide extensive development opportunities like the career path, which allows agents to participate in a development program to advance their career. It allows the agent to continuously improve their skills and deliver a great customer service experience. While it can be challenging for some, a large majority of our agents benefit from the structured learning program. We will share your feedback with our leadership team. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

4. "Steady Income"

4.0
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Charlotte, NC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Benefits Consistent Hours Direct Deposit

Cons

Commission Structure was frustrating Open 7 days a week, some days till 10pm

AAA Carolinas2019-10-21

October 22, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide competitive compensation plans. We will share your feedback with our leadership team.

5. "Not Bad"

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time

Pros

Small Company Feel, with resources of a large company. like to hire from within

Cons

less opportunities, take advantage of good employees

AAA Carolinas2019-10-21

October 23, 2019HR Generalist

We appreciate your feedback. We care deeply for our team members and strive to create growth opportunities. We will share your comments with our leadership team.

6. "Travel agent"

1.0
    Current Employee - Travel Agent

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Travel discounts are really great and you get to go on fams

Cons

This is a job you must have another job to survive.

AAA Carolinas2019-11-05

November 9, 2019Team Lead

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We value our team members and strive to offer competitive benefit packages. We will share your feedback with our leadership team.

7. "Not too bad"

5.0
    Current Employee - TSS II

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with in the office

Cons

Poor communication with Corporate Officials

AAA Carolinas2019-09-28

October 3, 2019HR Generalist

We appreciate your feedback. We wish you success in your future endeavors.

8. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Senior IT Specialist

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time

Pros

competitive salary and room for growth

Cons

still a growing IT Department

AAA Carolinas2019-09-28

October 3, 2019HR Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your experience at AAA Carolinas.

"Job is okay. Some employees are childish. Management was rocky."

2.0
    Former Employee - Travel Agent in Indian Land, SC

I worked at AAA Carolinas full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, FAMs, great discounts

Cons

I was the youngest one in the office. And the only person of color. It was challenging for me but I thought I was doing good. You have to ask every customer about the “AAA Visa card”. If you don’t sell it they fire you. Which is what happened to me. Got 6 people to sign up in Aug and they fired me in September. It’s also a career path. Agents who sell cruises and other big trips always seem stressed. I’ve also heard them complain about quitting everyday. Makes it hard for newer employees to even picture being there for years. What a joke. Good luck to anyone who works there.

AAA Carolinas2019-09-06

September 16, 2019Team Lead

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We strive to provide extensive development opportunities like the career path, which allows agents to participate in a development program to advance their career. While it can be challenging for some, a large majority of our agents benefit from the structured learning program. It allows the agent to continuously improve their skills and deliver a great customer service experience. We will share your feedback with our leadership team and we wish you well in your future endeavors.

10. "Good benefits, poor pay structure"

Current Employee - Travel Agent

I have been working at AAA Carolinas full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits Lots of training opportunities

Cons

The pay structure doesnt allow you to make decent money until you're about 5 years in. They're only looking for people who want to stay forever so they have high turnover from people who dont want to stick it out or get burnt out.

AAA Carolinas2019-08-12

August 26, 2019Team Lead

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide competitive compensation plans and extensive development opportunities. We are committed to creating a progressive program where agents continuously improve their skills and deliver a great customer service experience. The career path allows agents to participate in a specialized development program to advance their career from a domestic travel agent to a senior international travel agent. As a result, our senior agents average 8 years of service with our organization. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and will share it with our leadership team.

Found 110 reviews